Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received in mail 11-02-2016
Unbelievable ... They introduce a new stream 'express entry' ... Have all the positive press and the minister welcomes the first person to land in Canada by that process .... And here we are with our timelines increasing.

Wonder if they'd like a press meeting with the Minister for Immigration with this group?
It's one thing reading in their words 'your application will be processed according to the rules in place at the time' .... Which for all of us was 12 months., but for that to get longer while they publicise the success of express entry stream just seems wrong.

I know that individual applications may have different causes for delay, but in bulk - that's different. What a shame - feeling totally disheartened if 15 months is true.

akpr83

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-March-2016
LANDED..........
20-March-2016
Yes it's in an email from CIC and 15 months. Extremely painful that not able to sleep ... I postponed some of my travel thinking PR will come. Now as all PCC expires in a year, CIC many come back asking new PCC.

This is really painful if someone from CIC read this forum!!!!

LFB72

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-08-2014
Med's Request
20-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received in mail 11-02-2016
I wonder if things might start moving though - as many July applicants are receding RFPR and request for passports. Ah well - ruminating over it is the worst, but hard not to when there is no efficient way of enquiring - and receiving valid consistent information.

bmohanty

Jul 30, 2014
Got my GCMS today. More waiting I guess
Recommendation :: Appears to meet requirements.
No mention of second review
Security :: Not Started
Criminality :: In Progress
Medical :: Passed
RRPF :: Paid

cecjune3

Star Member
May 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
Med's Request
21-01-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
bmohanty said:
Got my GCMS today. More waiting I guess
Recommendation :: Appears to meet requirements.
No mention of second review
Security :: Not Started
Criminality :: In Progress
Medical :: Passed
RRPF :: Paid
Seems like quite a few of us got similar notes, hopefully we will hear something next week, I know someone with July 5 FN and Jan 7 ME got his RPRF request today.

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
cecjune3 said:
Seems like quite a few of us got similar notes, hopefully we will hear something next week, I know someone with July 5 FN and Jan 7 ME got his RPRF request today.
Why the hell nothing is happening for the one submitted between Jan 2nd & 26th. This waiting for no reason is really killing mates :( :( :(

info_sk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 9
Med's Request
jan 27
Med's Done....
march 3
I wonder why they are saying 15 months when the CIC website still says 13 months.

They would have updated the website like they did earlier from 12 to 13 months.

*Just thinking out loud here.*

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
info_sk said:
I wonder why they are saying 15 months when the CIC website still says 13 months.

I guess, we will see the update soon.

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
info_sk said:

Who said, 15 months , its 13 only I called them twice, its 13 Months from the date they receive complete package

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Guys,

Add me as a 40th Person also in the June Category!
I dont understand onething! If the processing time is 13 months or 15 months how come July applications which are submitted only after few days after Jun applicants, getting processed ?
Did CIC see this forum and bcoz of the comments, they intentionally delayed the June applicants? (Sounds silly but still valid)
Is it because of some VO who is assigned all these applications went on vacation ?
Some people submitted their applications in Jun but the application received is still July for example sent on Jun 27th and received on July 2nd, 2014. They still got their PPR.
so they are not June applicants but July applicants right ?
Also, June 2nd or June 4th applicants will complete their 13 month period of waiting on July 4th. can they ask for information then ?

Regards,
Sam

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
hssam said:
Guys,

I dont understand onething! If the processing time is 13 months or 15 months how come July applications which are submitted only after few days after Jun applicants, getting processed ?
Did CIC see this forum and bcoz of the comments, they intentionally delayed the June applicants? (Sounds silly but still valid)
Is it because of some VO who is assigned all these applications went on vacation ?
Some people submitted their applications in Jun but the application received is still July for example sent on Jun 27th and received on July 2nd, 2014. They still got their PPR.
so they are not June applicants but July applicants right ?
Also, June 2nd or June 4th applicants will complete their 13 month period of waiting on July 4th. can they ask for information then ?

Regards,
Sam
All matters is the day your application received. Simple way of conforming this is by looking at the first line in your ecas status. If the line states that "we received your application on Jul 1" means, no matter when did you send the application, you are considered to be July applicant. One important thing is, the issue is not with June applications, perhaps from June 2nd to 26th period. Process was very smooth until Jun 2nd and after July 26th.

You can always call CIC as soon as you exceed the normal processing time. Unfortunately, this processing period is also not cooperating with us.

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Let me put my points again:

Guys,

1) I dont understand onething! If the processing time is 13 months or 15 months how come July applications which are submitted only after few days after Jun applicants, getting processed ?
2) Did CIC see this forum and bcoz of the comments, they intentionally delayed the June applicants? (Sounds silly but still valid)
3) Is it because of some VO who is assigned all these applications went on vacation ?

4) Some people submitted their applications in Jun but the application received is still July for example sent on Jun 27th and received on July 2nd, 2014. They still got their PPR.
so they are not June applicants but July applicants right ? (I guess somebody with this status is responding here in this forum)
5) Also, June 2nd or June 4th applicants will complete their 13 month period of waiting on July 4th. can they ask for information only then ?

How can be the processing time so different only for Jun 2nd to June 26th to that of July 1st till July 31st applications ?

Sam!

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Do you guys know any journalists from national media? This is probably the quickest route we could get some answers or someone looking at our applications.

Otherwise, by the time our applications reach 13 months they will change the waiting time to 15 months.

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
hssam said:
Let me put my points again:

Guys,

1) I dont understand onething! If the processing time is 13 months or 15 months how come July applications which are submitted only after few days after Jun applicants, getting processed ? As per my understanding, processing time is a maximum time that can take to complete a normal (meeting all requirements) application (If there is any question with any specific application then it will go to second review where processing period will not be applicable). No use of escalation (reaching out to MP, etc.,) if your application falls within the processing period. If your application is within the normal processing period then generic answer one can get from CIC is "criminality or security is in progress. Call back once your application exceeds normal processing period”
2) Did CIC see this forum and bcoz of the comments, they intentionally delayed the June applicants? (Sounds silly but still valid). Your are right, it really sounds silly. Neither this is an official cic site nor any one said anything wrong about CIC (except few frustrations, which I believe, CIC can understand, if at all they see this)
3) Is it because of some VO who is assigned all these applications went on vacation ? We are waiting almost for two months (June 27th application started processing on March 6. Ideally Jun2nd application should have been started three weeks before from that time, i.e Aprl 15th). I don't think any files will be held for such a long time. I strongly believe that CIC is wise enough to assign this task to some other VO if a VO is really on vacation for such a long time.

4) Some people submitted their applications in Jun but the application received is still July for example sent on Jun 27th and received on July 2nd, 2014. They still got their PPR.
so they are not June applicants but July applicants right ? (I guess somebody with this status is responding here in this forum) I don't get your concern here. Process was very smooth until June 2nd and after June 27th for any normal application. Something happened for the applications received between June 2nd & 26th. It could be a technical, intentional or something else. God only knows.
5) Also, June 2nd or June 4th applicants will complete their 13 month period of waiting on July 4th. can they ask for information only then ? Please refer above point 1. Before you call, make sure to check the processing period in CIC site as it is increasing along with the June timelines (more frustration :( :( :(.

How can be the processing time so different only for Jun 2nd to June 26th to that of July 1st till July 31st applications ?

Sam!
All answers are based on observations. Reality, "GOD ONLY KNOWS"