+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

Chalin

Jun 8, 2015
El Mexicano said:
Hi Chalin, I have the same question, how to verify if CEC Ottawa has received the Police Check from Mexico? So please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

To provide more context, I submitted all required paperwork to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico on March 30th and got no reply whatsoever. Also, my 60 day due date for delivering the Police Check to CEC Ottawa expired while waiting for Mexico. 1 week before it expired I sent an extension request to Ottawa (1 month ago) and again, no reply at all. At this point I do not know if the Mexican Police check has been completed/sent nor if I have been granted with an extension from Ottawa :eek: ... HELP please!!!
Hola Mexicano,

I just call today to CIC, they told me that they won't send a confirmation email saying if they received the documents from the embassy of Canada on Mexico, but that they will send an email if by the due date for this document they havent recived it yet. Our case was a little different than yours because we DO received an email confirming than we had 60 more days to deliver this particular document.

-/-/-/- spanish-/-/

Llame y me dijeron que no mandaban decir si ya les habia llegado o no, pero que si no les llegaba para la fecha que si mandaban un correo avisando. A nosotros si nos llego un correo con la confirmacion de la extension... Yo que tu llamo par preguntar que ondas o mandaria otra carta

latitude45

Apr 15, 2015
Hey Everyone,

I got my GCMS Notes Yesterday.

I have a few Questions:

1. The Notes at the end state that I am two weeks short of 12months required work experience.
I worked from 22July2013 to 5July2014, which is less than 12months BUT i have worked for more hours than a years work of full time.
my job had alot of overtime. from 22July2013 to around April2014 i had already acquired a full years work hours.

Do you think this will be an issue?
Should i email my previous employee and ask for a formal document showing the hours i worked and send this to CIC?

2. The notes also state that i lived in france for more than 6months BUT NOT CONTONUOUS and i havent provided Police Clearance Certificate.

I read the instructions in the application form and they stated that you need to only provide a police certificate if you have lived for more than 6months continously.
I lived in France for 3months then left for about 1 month and went back to France for 4months then came to Canada.
Since i didn't live there for 6months continuosly, i didnt send them the police certificate as per their instructions.

Should i get a police clearance certificate from France?

-------------------------

My Status is:
Eligibility Status: Review Required
Security Status: Not Started
Criminality Status: In Progress

Application Received: June 30th, 2014
AOR: August 15th, 2014
Nothing ever since..

Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks

june05App

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th June 2014
AOR Received.
16th July 2014
Med's Request
23rd Jan 2015
Med's Done....
26th Jan 2015
Passport Req..
28-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
16th Nov 2015
latitude45 said:
Hey Everyone,

I got my GCMS Notes Yesterday.

I have a few Questions:

1. The Notes at the end state that I am two weeks short of 12months required work experience.
I worked from 22July2013 to 5July2014, which is less than 12months BUT i have worked for more hours than a years work of full time.
my job had alot of overtime. from 22July2013 to around April2014 i had already acquired a full years work hours.

Do you think this will be an issue?
Should i email my previous employee and ask for a formal document showing the hours i worked and send this to CIC?

2. The notes also state that i lived in france for more than 6months BUT NOT CONTONUOUS and i havent provided Police Clearance Certificate.

I read the instructions in the application form and they stated that you need to only provide a police certificate if you have lived for more than 6months continously.
I lived in France for 3months then left for about 1 month and went back to France for 4months then came to Canada.
Since i didn't live there for 6months continuosly, i didnt send them the police certificate as per their instructions.

Should i get a police clearance certificate from France?

-------------------------

My Status is:
Eligibility Status: Review Required
Security Status: Not Started
Criminality Status: In Progress

Application Received: June 30th, 2014
AOR: August 15th, 2014
Nothing ever since..

Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks
You are required to complete one year of work irregardless of the number of hours you did during that time. If you did more yours than the number of hours that one year entails, it doesn't mean that you can apply before the year finishes. However, it works the other way around where if you did one year hours in 2 years, then you can apply. I believe the reason behind this is that they want you to have one year of canadian experience so that you can establish ties with Canada during that one year of work.

minusham

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/06/2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2015 (Upfront).Ecas status updated to medical received June 30 2015
Passport Req..
14th July 2015, Decision made ecas update on 16th July
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015
june05App said:
You are required to complete one year of work irregardless of the number of hours you did during that time. If you did more yours than the number of hours that one year entails, it doesn't mean that you can apply before the year finishes. However, it works the other way around where if you did one year hours in 2 years, then you can apply. I believe the reason behind this is that they want you to have one year of canadian experience so that you can establish ties with Canada during that one year of work.
Overtime hours wont be counted.. Try to send an experience letter covering that 2 weeks...Hope for the best..

latitude45

Apr 15, 2015
minusham said:
Overtime hours wont be counted.. Try to send an experience letter covering that 2 weeks...Hope for the best..
Thank you june05App and Minusham..

What is an experience letter? Do you mean work experience letter?
I had to stop working after July5,2014 because my workpermit expired..
I have been in canada as a visitor ever since so i cant work.

Hopefully the Officer who will review my application will be merciful. :/

--------------

I applied for France Police Clearance this morning.. i will send that to them once i get it.

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
thankyou said:
Hi , I am also June 2014 applicant. They received my file on June 25. Then I got my medical request and T4 of 2014 on February 22 of 2015. Then on ecas shown they started processing my application on April 22. Then I received email on April 27 to pay RPRF fee and my representative supposed to pay on April 28. I was waiting and didn't hear anything from cic. Then I called on May 26 ans heard they didn't receive my money receipt for RPRF. I sent right away. After 3 days my ecas status changed to decision made on May 30th but I didn't hear anything till now.
Can you please tell me what they are doing now on my file ? Any idea would be highly appreciated. So tensed about this now. CIC officers should not eat lot of cheese as they are getting fat and lazy . Totally disappointed about June applicants! !
Hey I think you should be fine since your ECASE status is showing decision made.

I think any time soon you will receive the ready for Visa email. If you belong to a Visa Exempt country then you will get your COPR landing papers.

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
clark kent said:
Hey I think you should be fine since your ECASE status is showing decision made.

I think any time soon you will receive the ready for Visa email. If you belong to a Visa Exempt country then you will get your COPR landing papers.
Hi Thanks for the fastest reply. I hope so. I just wanna get rid off from this CIC situation. Good luck everyone !

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
thankyou said:
Hi , I am also June 2014 applicant. They received my file on June 25. Then I got my medical request and T4 of 2014 on February 22 of 2015. Then on ecas shown they started processing my application on April 22. Then I received email on April 27 to pay RPRF fee and my representative supposed to pay on April 28. I was waiting and didn't hear anything from cic. Then I called on May 26 ans heard they didn't receive my money receipt for RPRF. I sent right away. After 3 days my ecas status changed to decision made on May 30th but I didn't hear anything till now.
Can you please tell me what they are doing now on my file ? Any idea would be highly appreciated. So tensed about this now. CIC officers should not eat lot of cheese as they are getting fat and lazy . Totally disappointed about June applicants! !
You can call to CIC call center and ask about what DM is for application.

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
PP62 said:
You can call to CIC call center and ask about what DM is for application.
I called yesterday and got a stupid agent. I told him about DM on ecas and he was only telling me , wait wait and wait. He said, VO will contact you soon. He didn't even ask my UCI to pull my file. He told me You should respect VO if they need time. We don't have access in your file. He also told me may be you have first stage approval. He was not helpful at all. I know he was a liar but couldn't tell him anything as I am a victim :eek:

SVB

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
12-08-2014
Med's Request
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
maggieyi said:
Anyone knows how to get GCM notes more faste?,i just order it today, it will take 30 days to get it and paid $5
I don't think so there is a fastest way to get GCMS notes.
Access to Information Act costs $5.00 CAD, while requests made under the Privacy Act are free.
I submitted my GCMS under Privacy Act and didn't pay anything but confused now whether it will come back? Anybody know what's the difference?

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
SVB said:
I don't think so there is a fastest way to get GCMS notes.
Access to Information Act costs $5.00 CAD, while requests made under the Privacy Act are free.
I submitted my GCMS under Privacy Act and didn't pay anything but confused now whether it will come back? Anybody know what's the difference?
If primary applicant in Canada, only then he/she can apply under privacy act which has no fees.
If PA is not in Canada, then any other person( who stay currently in canada) can apply GCMS notes for that person under access to information act. Which has $5 fees.

Both cases, timeframe is same around 30-35 days.

maggieyi

Sep 19, 2013
”request under the Access to Information Act “ is information for PR immigration application
i see it when i choose Access to Information Act