+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

june 2014 applications for spouse dependant open work permit from outside canada

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
fatindia said:
many told like they are buzy in processing student visas for september intake......dats why no updates in sowp, i guess...its been 45 days that i submitted my application ...tensed
Ya dats wat i am thinking or might be they are busy in giving tourist visa as the weather is really good here....

Anah

Jul 12, 2013
If i applied for SOWP, together with my 2 kids study permit, is there a good chance for our approval. Since all of us will be in Canada, officer might think we will not come back after our work permit expires.. What do you think?

sunny.bc

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NS
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
XEP ON JUNE 4TH 2015
Med's Request
Nov 25th 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 28th 2015
Passport Req..
March 1st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 4th 2016
LANDED..........
March 21st 2016
I Really hate the wait... and just cant wait checking the status in vfs everyday... Hope they speed up the process atleast next week... happy weekend.

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
sunny.bc said:
I Really hate the wait... and just cant wait checking the status in vfs everyday... Hope they speed up the process atleast next week... happy weekend.
same here bro which city are u in canada

fatindia

Jun 12, 2014
sunny.bc said:
same here...waiting for status updation..am checking for updation in every 30 min...tired
we applied via an agency and i was informed like candidates who applied in last week of may got their updation and next is our chance....hope it will come in next week with a positive status.... :)

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
fatindia said:
same here...waiting for status updation..am checking for updation in every 30 min...tired
we applied via an agency and i was informed like candidates who applied in last week of may got their updation and next is our chance....hope it will come in next week with a positive status.... :)
ya man dats gud news

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
fatindia said:
hey all my MR came today........so happy :D
congrats bro...you got email regarding this or u got it through courier???

Sardar Ali

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi,

I am a PhD student in Canada. Applied for my spouse open work permit (paper based) in Islamabad on April 11. Last week, we received a medical request via email and within two days we got another email requesting to provide police certificate in 5 days via email.

My wife emailed the police clearance yesterday and waiting for her medical appointment for Jul 24. What are the chances and how long it usually take to approve after medical/police certificate?

I wonder why they asked for both documents in separate emails with a gap of only days between the 2 emails.

Anyone experienced please comment.

-ali

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Sardar Ali said:
Hi,

I am a PhD student in Canada. Applied for my spouse open work permit (paper based) in Islamabad on April 11. Last week, we received a medical request via email and within two days we got another email requesting to provide police certificate in 5 days via email.

My wife emailed the police clearance yesterday and waiting for her medical appointment for Jul 24. What are the chances and how long it usually take to approve after medical/police certificate?

I wonder why they asked for both documents in separate emails with a gap of only days between the 2 emails.

Anyone experienced please comment.

-ali
Congrats Ali for your spouse's medical request. Application has reviewed at CHC office on different stages initially an officer review the documents and made their discretion whether to reject or move to another stage like medical, security and background checks. It is perfectly normal that they sent request that means the class in which your spouse applied found eligible. Now they are running some mandatory medical and background checks. I believe everything is ok now they are only waiting for your spouse's medical. Once they receive it you will get the PPR within couple of weeks.

Best of luck.

Can you please share what documents did you provide from here (In Canada) and your spouse from back home to support the claim.

Sardar Ali

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi alijumani,

Thanks for your reply. I hope we get the good news soon. The passport was already submitted with the application (as it was a paper based application) and hope that we get the visa/work permit soon.

We provided
1. a letter of invitation from my side
2. copies of all of my immigration documents (study permit, visa etc)
3. a letter from my department stating my progress, gpa, and the remaining duration of my studies; plus details of my financial support as RA, TA, and fellowship
4. a recommendation letter from my supervisor
5. explanation letter by my wife (the applicant)
6. Her educational documents; and all other required forms/documents
7. My bank statements and property documents to prove that I can support her in Canada

I hope this answer your question.

-ali