+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

june 2014 applications for spouse dependant open work permit from outside canada

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC Req: 13-01-2016 Sent:10-02-2016 , SchedA Req & Sent : 11-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Hello,

I applied for my wife's Spousal Open Work Permit online, rejected first as the application form does not give an option to choose Spousal Open Work Permit and was denied stating that you are not eligible, again applied online and again rejected stating the purpose of visit and your personal assets and financial status. However on the online application there is no space to send my documents I have a post graduate open work permit and working in a skilled category, that qualifies my wife but they refused twice without even asking for my documents.

Would it be advisable to do paper application where we can include all supporting documents. Please please help ! Planning to apply third time. will be very helpful if someone can suggest.

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
priyankaj said:
Dear All,
I am new to this form and need help
I live in Canada and have TRV(work visa) and work permit 1 year. My fiance lives in Delhi, India. He don't have any kind of visa or permit to come to Canada. Also he don't have any job offer from Canada's employer. I come to know that the fastest way for him to come here is to apply "Spouse open work permit". Please correct me if i am wrong that part. But if, I am correct, Can someone please give me detailed process to apply SOWP in Delhi. Or give my links where detailed information is available.

Its really important please do help. I will be really great full for all of the people for giving details

Probably it will be best if i'll give all details that I know and then You can guide me where I am wrong.

I am thinking to apply his SWOP via VFS office in Delhi, India.
He has to fill and submit following forms and documents for his SOWP,
1) IMM1295 form (for open work permit)
2) IMM5645 form (Family information) ?
Is this form is only have to filled by him. OR do i have to fill it too separately?

3) IMM5753 form (Medical form)?
Does he have to fill this form too while applying via Delhi VFS office?

4) medical certificate ?
Please guide me on this as i dont know whether he have do medical exam before applying or after submit application.
While going into hospital for medical does he have to have a specific receipt or document which will show that it is for immigration ?
He is going to submit the SOWP application in Delhi VFS office, is the medical exam has to be from same city i.e. delhi or it can be any other city provided its valid medical examination center mentioned on CIC site?

5) IMM 5257 form (Application TRV) ?
Is he have to submit this form at time of applying SOWP? Do I have to fill and submit this form along with his application?

6) Attach copy of his passport and photographs
7) Birth certificate
:cool: Police Certificate ?
Is police certificate is mandatory in SOWP? If yes, then how long it is valid 3 months or 12 months?
He can get the police certificate for India. He also lived around 8 months in UK. Does he have to provide the Police certificate from there also?

9) Ielts General score sheet
10) His Joining letter of current employer and salary slip
11) His experience letter from previous company, salary slip from previous company
12) Bank Statement for past six months

My Documents
1) Invitation Letter on his name
2) Attach copy of his passport and photographs
3) copy of work permit and work visa Canada
4) Birth certificate
5) Police Certificate
6) Master Degree from Canada Transcript and certificate of completion
7) Ielts General score sheet
:cool: Joining letter of current employer and salary slip from Canada
9) experience letter from previous company, salary slip from previous company
10) Bank Statement for past six months

Our documents
1) Marriage Certificate
2) Photographs
3) My Flight ticket during our marriage time

Please guide me
1) Is there any other document require to submit SOWP ?
2) Is he requires LMO?
2) Once me submit above written document for SWOP permit then do he have to apply separately for work visa?
3) How long it will take in processing after submitting the the application?
4) which method is better online or applying via Delhi VFS office ?

Hi
Can some please guide me on my post.. Please Seniors member please help me

kumarmall

Feb 3, 2015
Hi varinder, i am Harjit, from punjab, i had applied for SOWP for me on 01/12/2014 paper application submitted at VFS jalandhar along with a visitor visa application for my 2 year old son. my wife is in canada ona student permit from september 2014. its been 2 months of submission and i havent heard any update yet except application under process.how about your hubby's case.did he get his visa. i was also in UK in 2010.kindly let me know or any suggesstion or update. Thanks

Swati26122011

Sep 13, 2012
I am applying for SOWP.

I have got my upfront medical done recently.

I intend to add the name of my husband on my passport in the spouse's name column in order to solidify the proof of my marriage along with the marriage certificate i provide.

Now this would change my passport id and when the application is submitted would conflict with my proof of identity given in the upfront medical exam.

Thus my question is would this create any problem or would they not consider this mild change as alarming as i fear.

Plz help its urgent.

Flaggy

Sep 6, 2015
Hi,
Please can anyone help with sample of Invitation letter for SOWP, my wife is under Study permit and I want to apply for SOWP.
Thanks