+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

june 2014 applications for spouse dependant open work permit from outside canada

savraj

Sep 16, 2014
My husband's study permit will expire on 27 feb 2015 thenafter he will apply for PNP after his pnp is approved he will get open work permit. My question is can i again apply for open work permit on the basis of his PNP/open work permit or do i need to wait till his PR? Is there any other way i can go to canada to meet my husband or wait till his PR ?

Varun123

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Yes you can apply for spouse open work permit if your husband works in NOC O,A,B category skilled level job. (Preferred option)

You can also apply for visitor visa and go and meet her. After you reach Canada you can then apply for work permit as well..

savraj

Sep 16, 2014
Well my husband said after his pnp would be approved he will fall under open category/NOC C LEVEL i think i can not apply for owp under this category. As far as visitor visas are concerned they are difficult to obtain.

sapna.61988

Sep 19, 2013
savraj said:
Well my husband said after his pnp would be approved he will fall under open category/NOC C LEVEL i think i can not apply for owp under this category. As far as visitor visas are concerned they are difficult to obtain.
Hi Savraj

Can't he apply for you as a dependant in the PNP application.
I am a Master student I applied for my husaband's OWP last month and are waiting for the result

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
my OWP got rejected third time in august 22,2014. the reason they stated in the letter is.
1. you have not demonstrated that you come within th excptions under section 186 of the regulations exempting you from th requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in canada comes within xceptions to section 203 of the regulations. as a result your offer of employment must b th subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. your employer in canada should contact the local office of the department of employment and social development canada to begin this process.
2. your travel history.
3. your family ties in canada and in your country of residence.
4. purpose of visit.
5. your personal assets and financial status.
what a foolish answers are stated here. i think they have a fixed agenda to all. and not allowing too much OWP visas. i already submitted respected documents to overcome travel history and personal assets.
wasting my time .

i submittd a paper application in delhi embassy through VFS chennai. the doduments i submitted are...
documents from my side...........
1. copy of my experience cerificate.
2.CA report showing total assets and financial status.( almost 45 lakhs worth).
3.my degree certificate copy, mark list, 10 th and predegree marklist and certificate with notary attested.
4.my current job with salary certificate.
5.my marriage certificate copy.
6.my bank statement showing almost 5 .5 lakhs
7. my fathers property document copy with english translation and an affidavit written by my father for my share in that property.
8.affidavit my mother in laws property income share
documents from my wifes side............
1. her work permit copyand visa copy stamped in passport.
2.her transcript and her canadian collge diploma certificate.
3.her bank stateement showed 3000 dollar.
4 her emploment letter with hourly salary of 12 dollar per hour in a subway store.
5.her last 2 bi-weekly salary slip.
please tell me what is th probln in my cas . any one plese hlp me..

savraj

Sep 16, 2014
Hi sapna.61988. I dun noe if my husband can apply for me as a dependent in pnp? Do u have any idea if he can do it?

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
savraj said:
Hi sapna.61988. I dun noe if my husband can apply for me as a dependent in pnp? Do u have any idea if he can do it?
Savraj,

In PNP he can mention your name when his PNP will come your name would be there as well if he mentioned in the application .

Raj

savraj

Sep 16, 2014
Thnx raj. Does that mean after he'll get pnp i can apply for dependent/visitor visa? Wat wud b the rejection chances?

Varun123

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Hi,

Can someone please provide me with sample Invitation letter, statement of purpose, sample financial letter for Spouse Open Work Permit,

This would be great help,

Thank you

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC Req: 13-01-2016 Sent:10-02-2016 , SchedA Req & Sent : 11-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Aug 2014 applications for spouse dependant open work permit from outside canada

Hi All,

I applied for my wife's Open Work Permit for Spouse from New Delhi Consulate on Aug 6th online . They have not asked for my documents yet?
The standard processing times indicated are 3-4 months. Have anyone applied in July / Aug got an update ?

Please suggest !

canfsw

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charge: 28-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 26-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
10-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 7-May-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Re: Aug 2014 applications for spouse dependant open work permit from outside canada

apardhamija said:
Hi All,

I applied for my wife's Open Work Permit for Spouse from New Delhi Consulate on Aug 6th online . They have not asked for my documents yet?
The standard processing times indicated are 3-4 months. Have anyone applied in July / Aug got an update ?

Please suggest !
i have applied SOWP online, and i have withdrawn my application due to processing time

Most of us who applied online from India got their visa rejected.

And later everyone applied paper application with upfront medicals.

Either you have to wait until New Delhi Visa Office get backs to you.

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Dear All,
I am new to this form and need help
I live in Canada and have TRV(work visa) and work permit 1 year. My fiance lives in Delhi, India. He don't have any kind of visa or permit to come to Canada. Also he don't have any job offer from Canada's employer. I come to know that the fastest way for him to come here is to apply "Spouse open work permit". Please correct me if i am wrong that part. But if, I am correct, Can someone please give me detailed process to apply SOWP in Delhi. Or give my links where detailed information is available.

Its really important please do help. I will be really great full for all of the people for giving details

Probably it will be best if i'll give all details that I know and then You can guide me where I am wrong.

I am thinking to apply his SWOP via VFS office in Delhi, India.
He has to fill and submit following forms and documents for his SOWP,
1) IMM1295 form (for open work permit)
2) IMM5645 form (Family information) ?
Is this form is only have to filled by him. OR do i have to fill it too separately?

3) IMM5753 form (Medical form)?
Does he have to fill this form too while applying via Delhi VFS office?

4) medical certificate ?
Please guide me on this as i dont know whether he have do medical exam before applying or after submit application.
While going into hospital for medical does he have to have a specific receipt or document which will show that it is for immigration ?
He is going to submit the SOWP application in Delhi VFS office, is the medical exam has to be from same city i.e. delhi or it can be any other city provided its valid medical examination center mentioned on CIC site?

5) IMM 5257 form (Application TRV) ?
Is he have to submit this form at time of applying SOWP? Do I have to fill and submit this form along with his application?

6) Attach copy of his passport and photographs
7) Birth certificate
:cool: Police Certificate ?
Is police certificate is mandatory in SOWP? If yes, then how long it is valid 3 months or 12 months?
He can get the police certificate for India. He also lived around 8 months in UK. Does he have to provide the Police certificate from there also?

9) Ielts General score sheet
10) His Joining letter of current employer and salary slip
11) His experience letter from previous company, salary slip from previous company
12) Bank Statement for past six months

My Documents
1) Invitation Letter on his name
2) Attach copy of his passport and photographs
3) copy of work permit and work visa Canada
4) Birth certificate
5) Police Certificate
6) Master Degree from Canada Transcript and certificate of completion
7) Ielts General score sheet
:cool: Joining letter of current employer and salary slip from Canada
9) experience letter from previous company, salary slip from previous company
10) Bank Statement for past six months

Our documents
1) Marriage Certificate
2) Photographs
3) My Flight ticket during our marriage time

Please guide me
1) Is there any other document require to submit SOWP ?
2) Is he requires LMO?
2) Once me submit above written document for SWOP permit then do he have to apply separately for work visa?
3) How long it will take in processing after submitting the the application?
4) which method is better online or applying via Delhi VFS office ?

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
hi bobbyputhenveettil,
Same case happened with me,i have applied for SOWP on 26th Sept 2014 today i received letter of rejection with following reasons :

1. Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
2. length of proposed stay in canada
3. Purpose of visit
4. Your personal assets and financial status

1. Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence : What does it mean ?? which kind of proof/explanation they want regarding this ?? ca you please help me out?

2.length of proposed stay in canada: In my case my husband got study permit for 2 years and my SOP i have mentioned the duration of my stay in canada i.e 2 years

3.Purpose of visit : Also, i have mentioned my purpose of visit in SOP that,i would want to apply on the basis of financial and emotional support to my husband.

4.Your personal assets and financial status : I missed to show property assets. i have only shown cash and investments.

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
hi bobbyputhenveettil,
Same case happened with me,i have applied for SOWP on 26th Sept 2014 today i received letter of rejection with following reasons :

1. Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
2. length of proposed stay in canada
3. Purpose of visit
4. Your personal assets and financial status

1. Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence : What does it mean ?? which kind of proof/explanation they want regarding this ?? ca you please help me out?

2.length of proposed stay in canada: In my case my husband got study permit for 2 years and my SOP i have mentioned the duration of my stay in canada i.e 2 years

3.Purpose of visit : Also, i have mentioned my purpose of visit in SOP that,i would want to apply on the basis of financial and emotional support to my husband.

4.Your personal assets and financial status : I missed to show property assets. i have only shown cash and investments.

tej88

Jul 24, 2014
Re: Aug 2014 applications for spouse dependant open work permit from outside canada

apardhamija said:
Hi All,

Please suggest !
hi fellow... i applied on 5th aug but still nothing from cic... i applied online from canada but i dont know