Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
ZingyDNA said:
Thanks a lot for the info, HopsAlive. There's a CBSA office literally 20 seconds from my work. I might go chat with them about this... ;)
You are welcome! :)
Yeah, if feasible please confirm with them on this. Will be helpful for our other friends here as well. Thanks!

PRapp2013

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
biodata and RPRF 12-02-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
10-02-2014
Med's Done....
March 06, 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
HopesAlive said:
So... I made couple of calls to clarify the confusion going on for the Landing Process.

First I called CIC office to confirm if the flagpoling procedure is still available for the Landing process. The officer confirmed that the flagpoling process is still valid but not available at all the port of entries and also sent below email to guide about the process:

"Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Validating a Confirmation of permanent residence at a land border

Once you get your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) from a Canadian visa office and, if necessary, your permanent resident visa in your passport, you must have these documents validated by an immigration officer at a port of entry.

You must:

Stop at the U.S. border;
Inform the officer that you need to return to Canada immediately in order to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence;
Enter the U.S.;
Return to Canada;
Inform the officer you need to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence;
Show the following documents:
your passport, travel or identity document (including secure visa counterfoil (IMM 1346), if applicable); and
your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and instructions issued by the Canadian visa office;
(if applicable) any immigration document in your possession (whether valid or not); and
(if applicable) proof of implied status, such as:
payment receipt;
printout of online application;
copy of your application to extend your stay;
proof of mailing.

To find the land border closest to you which offers immigration services, please visit the Canada Border Service Agency website. Please note that you can expect to encounter delays at the land border.

"

As he suggested, I called CBSA to confirm the the Flagpoling is available at the Rainbow Bridge, Niagara falls. Yes, confirmed that it's available.

Then same as my other co-applicants I had the concern on getting the 'Administrative Refusal' from the US side.

So I called the Customs & Immigration office at the Rainbow bridge & asked if I can do the flagpoling if I dont have US visa & will it have any negative impact on my future US visa applications.
He said that it doens't matter if you have the US visa or not. Just bring the passport & tell them that you are here for flagpoling for Landing process at Canada side. Also he said that this 'Administrative Refusal' will not have any impact on myfuture Visa applications.

**Please note that this is my own observation & do not guarantee anything if there are any other consequences to the above procedure** (just covering myself if I have missed anything. :))

As I mentioned earlier, I'll be completing my Landing this Saturday & will post my experience accordingly.

Regards,
-Hope
This is really helpful. Thank you for taking your time to explain.

av300812

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with CEC Application
Med's Request
14-2-2014
Med's Done....
21-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-04-2014
@ byrwus: I guess background verification is done for all the places you have traveled which includes for holidays, work and business which is why you fill the travel history form when you apply for your PR. In plain terms, a person who has not visited any other countries except Canada and his home country stand a better chance of receiving his PPR Quicker than someone who has traveled to other countries.

PRapp2013

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
10-02-2014
Med's Done....
March 06, 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
av300812 said:
@ byrwus: I guess background verification is done for all the places you have traveled which includes for holidays, work and business which is why you fill the travel history form when you apply for your PR. In plain terms, a person who has not visited any other countries except Canada and his home country stand a better chance of receiving his PPR Quicker than someone who has traveled to other countries.
May be that's why mine is not here yet. I was in another country for almost 06 yrs. So many factors into the processing. Positions held may also be affecting.

Sonipat_to_canada

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NovaScotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
14-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-03-2014
Sonipat_to_canada said:
Landed @ 8:30pm at rainbow bridge Niagara Falls.

Flagpolling:- got US administrative refusal. Came back on Canadian side. Officer asked before giving yellow slip why did I not land using service canada. I told him that I need it quick & service canada takes time. Officer nodded and gave me yellow slip. Then I went into immigration building & was out in 20 mins as PR :)
8) ;D
Please update the excel sheet..
Landing date :18/3/2014

jojoanana

Feb 24, 2014
deshkarthik said:
What does item processed mean ?

My return tracker is stuck at "item processed" from last 5 days. I have raised a ticket with canada post
Hi deshkarthik,
Did you hear anything back from Canada Post?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
byrwus said:
av300812,

thank you for the answer.
i still do not understand it.
I live in europe. it is easier for me to cross the border than it is for a canadian to go to another city within canada.
beer is cheap in cech republic. so, everytime i walked for a beer I put my pr on risk or longer waiting time. weird.
Same here, I'm from Europe as well. Day trips to Italy for a coffee or eastern Europe for booze/smokes were
done on bi-weekly basis. Don't think that this is affecting my PR application tho, as they must know that travelling
in Europe with open borders is easier than here in north america. And there's also no proof for me leaving my country
of citizenship as we don't require a passport to travel there.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
byrwus said:
exactly.

before i had filed my application i double checked with cic and they said: yes, we want to know all the travels even those without passport required.
I also provided them with all the information about every trip, even a less than 24hr trip across a land border in Europe.
I ended up attaching 2 extra sheets ;D :eek: :eek:

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Just got a call from my doctor to tell me she uploaded the medical results. It took 12 days but at least the results are OK ::) From what I read on this forum it'll take anywhere between 4-5 days to a few weeks for ECAS to show medical received, or for someone not shown even after the landing. This is gonna be an anxious long wait :mad:

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
ZingyDNA said:
Just got a call from my doctor to tell me she uploaded the medical results. It took 12 days but at least the results are OK ::) From what I read on this forum it'll take anywhere between 4-5 days to a few weeks for ECAS to show medical received, or for someone not shown even after the landing. This is gonna be an anxious long wait :mad:
My medicals were uploaded on March 6th, no e-cas update as of now. Don't worry about e-cas.

av300812

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with CEC Application
Med's Request
14-2-2014
Med's Done....
21-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-04-2014
My lawyer called me few hours back to confirm that they received my PPR this morning. Finally a relief to my anxiety ;)
I hope and pray the PPR comes thru quicly for all of you waiting.. Good luck!

PRapp2013

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
10-02-2014
Med's Done....
March 06, 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
av300812 said:
My lawyer called me few hours back to confirm that they received my PPR this morning. Finally a relief to my anxiety ;)
I hope and pray the PPR comes thru quicly for all of you waiting.. Good luck!
Congrats and thanks :) :)

Amit Malik

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
finally wait is over...just received my ppr request right now.....

I hope and pray for those who are yet to receive their ppr request...it will come soon...keep posted here