Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
CEC_NLD said:
Only July applicant was refused landing with Flag polling last week. Please check before you go for landing

"Hi Guys,
I had a tough time landing. Me and my wife were sent back without landing and were asked to call CIC to book an appointment.
I tried two times, once in rainbow bridge and peace bridge. But, I did not enter US side as i didnt have US visa."
Thanks CEC_NLD for posting this!

Will check the details.

CEC_NLD

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
28-02-2014 Schedue A form
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront 07-03-2013
HopesAlive said:
Got Passports back with CoPR..!! :)

Will do the landing at Niagara this Saturday. We don't have US visa & will try Flagpoling process with 'Administrative Refusal' letter.
Hope this also goes smoothly!

All the best to all who are still waiting..!! You'll definitely get it shortly..

Thanks to everyone on this forum for contributing here! It was of immense help!

With Best Regards,
Hope
Congrats...

canada1008

Mar 13, 2014
HopesAlive said:

Will do the landing at Niagara this Saturday. We don't have US visa & will try Flagpoling process with 'Administrative Refusal' letter.

All the best to all who are still waiting..!! You'll definitely get it shortly..

With Best Regards,
Hope
Congrats, what is your timeline, I mean when you sent the passports to Ottawa

oil_country

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HopesAlive said:

With Best Regards,
Hope

Congrats! so lucky!

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
canada1008 said:
Congrats, what is your timeline, I mean when you sent the passports to Ottawa
Thank you CEC_NLD, Canada1008 & Oil country for your wishes!

PP Request: 12th March
PP Sent: 12th March
PP Received at Ottawa: 13th March
PP sent back from Ottawa: 14th March
PP received: 18th March (Due to weekend)

I had dropped an email for address change & they replied to the same email confirming that application has been finalized & Documents are sent back.

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
HopesAlive said:
Thanks CEC_NLD for posting this!

Will check the details.
\

Hi CEC_NLD,

I just checked all the details regarding the applicant who was refused to process the Landing on the Niagara bridge.
Reason: He did not go to US border to get the 'Administrative Refusal'.

This is what I believe & may not be fully correct but - CPR letter says that you have to leave Canada & then Land in again. 'Administrative Refusal' from the US side proves that you have left the Canadian Border & went to US (It's the other part that we got the entry refusal, but that is irrelevant for our CA landing process)

So this applicant went US border to get an Refusal letter this time & his landing was processed without any issue on CA side.

I'll try the same this Saturday. Let's see how it goes..

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Newbie here. ;D

How do I add myself to:

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjNGTxM9_jpdG01ejJuY1k4dVFqcm0yUjlVa3dIb3c#gid=0

Thanks.

PRapp2013

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
biodata and RPRF 12-02-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
10-02-2014
Med's Done....
March 06, 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
HopesAlive said:
\

Hi CEC_NLD,

I just checked all the details regarding the applicant who was refused to process the Landing on the Niagara bridge.

This is what I believe & may not be fully correct but - CPR letter says that you have to leave Canada & then Land in again. 'Administrative Refusal' from the US side proves that you have left the Canadian Border & went to US (It's the other part that we got the entry refusal, but that is irrelevant for our CA landing process)

So this applicant went US border to get an Refusal letter this time & his landing was processed without any issue on CA side.

That's why I understood too. Good luck :) :)

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Friends,

Very Very Very Happy to inform you all that I got passport request last night :D

I was asked to submit PCC again so my passports are coming back today with PCC.
Will send for CoPR first thing tomorrow.

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
HopesAlive said:
Hi CEC_NLD,

So... I made couple of calls to clarify the confusion going on for the Landing Process.

First I called CIC office to confirm if the flagpoling procedure is still available for the Landing process. The officer confirmed that the flagpoling process is still valid but not available at all the port of entries and also sent below email to guide about the process:

"Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Validating a Confirmation of permanent residence at a land border

Once you get your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) from a Canadian visa office and, if necessary, your permanent resident visa in your passport, you must have these documents validated by an immigration officer at a port of entry.

You must:

Stop at the U.S. border;
Inform the officer that you need to return to Canada immediately in order to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence;
Enter the U.S.;
Return to Canada;
Inform the officer you need to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence;
Show the following documents:
your passport, travel or identity document (including secure visa counterfoil (IMM 1346), if applicable); and
your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and instructions issued by the Canadian visa office;
(if applicable) any immigration document in your possession (whether valid or not); and
(if applicable) proof of implied status, such as:
payment receipt;
printout of online application;
copy of your application to extend your stay;
proof of mailing.

To find the land border closest to you which offers immigration services, please visit the Canada Border Service Agency website. Please note that you can expect to encounter delays at the land border.

"

As he suggested, I called CBSA to confirm the the Flagpoling is available at the Rainbow Bridge, Niagara falls. Yes, confirmed that it's available.

Then same as my other co-applicants I had the concern on getting the 'Administrative Refusal' from the US side.

So I called the Customs & Immigration office at the Rainbow bridge & asked if I can do the flagpoling if I dont have US visa & will it have any negative impact on my future US visa applications.
He said that it doens't matter if you have the US visa or not. Just bring the passport & tell them that you are here for flagpoling for Landing process at Canada side. Also he said that this 'Administrative Refusal' will not have any impact on myfuture Visa applications.

**Please note that this is my own observation & do not guarantee anything if there are any other consequences to the above procedure** (just covering myself if I have missed anything. :))

As I mentioned earlier, I'll be completing my Landing this Saturday & will post my experience accordingly.

Regards,
-Hope

av300812

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with CEC Application
Med's Request
14-2-2014
Med's Done....
21-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-04-2014
Congrats. Good luck landing.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Thanks a lot for the info, HopsAlive. There's a CBSA office literally 20 seconds from my work. I might go chat with them about this... ;)

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My passport was Delivered on 14th, and just 30 minutes back the return tracker was activated.

hopefull i think i'll receive by the end of tomorrow.