Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
rick1111 said:
I completed my landing at Rainbow Bridge this Morning , I successfully followed the same procedure of landing as described by senior members in lot of different topics . I want to thank everybody on this forum for their support and well wishes to complete this process . Once again thanks a lot guys .Cheers !!!!
Congrats !!

tbll

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canadavisa07 said:
Guys, how many of you are still waiting for PPR ?
i'm still waiting for ppr, as we are MER on the same day (Jun 3rd), we would receive PPR around same time i guess....

GoSPURSGo!

Jun 12, 2013
Dear Forum Members,

I've been following this forum since the day I submitted my application to CEC in June 2012. It's been a very long journey, finally yesterday evening, I completed my landed procedure!
During the journey, reading the posts posted by the forum members reduce my anxiousness knowing that are others in the same boat as me.
Kudos to you all active members who are so patient in helping to answer the members' questions.
I feel that I will need to contribute a little to this forum my experience with the landing procedure.

I will start with the important dates (approximation, can't remember the exact dates):

Application submitted: early June 2012
Police clearance request: mid October 2012
Medical request: mid April 2013 (sent early mid April 2013)
Passport request: mid May 2013 (sent mid May 2013)
Passport received: yesterday
Landed: yesterday evening

So in total it's around 1 year process for my case.
The landing procedure is very easy and straight forward, as been described in detail by one of the senior member. I did my landing at Niagara Falls, ON.
1. Parked my car at one of the municipal lot ($1.75 for 1 hr) near Bender St. (link: niagarafalls.ca/city-hall/transportation-
services/parking/municipal-lot-maps.aspx).
2. Just walk south towards the duty free shop. Behind it there's a walkway towards the bridge then there's a door with a sign "To USA".
You will need to pay 50 cents per person to cross the rainbow bridge (the gate only accepts quarters, but there's change
machine). Just bring exact change to be easy. I used up all of my quarters to pay for parking, luckily the nice attendant was willing to
swap my dimes with quarters.
3. Exiting the door will lead to the pedestrian walkway, next to the car lanes, pretty gorgeous view of the falls, take your time and enjoy
the view. The journey is almost over :D
4. At the end of the bridge, you will arrive at the USA border custom office. They've a man trap door so only one person / party can get
in at once. Wait until you are called to enter.
5. State your intention to do the landing procedure, the ICE agent will ask for your passport and create a letter stating your "flagpole"
procedure. Keep this paper!
6. You will then told to exit through the same door you took to enter earlier and exit back to Canada towards the rainbow bridge
pedestrian walkway.
7. Again, if you'd like enjoy the view, you're halfway in completing your journey!!
8. Enter the door on the right (the one on the left is where you exit earlier after paying the 50 cents).
9. A CBSA agent will be there and explain that you're there for landing procedure and he/she will ask for your passport (to check the
temporary visa stamped on your passport). He/she will hand you a yellow slip that states your intention to complete landing
procedure and ask if you need to declare anything.
10. Then you exit and go across to another office, watch out for the traffic.
11. Enter the building (when I was there, there were lots of tourists), you will see two CBSA agents, that are checking the tourists. Just
explain the landing and show him the yellow slip given by the first CBSA agent earlier.
12. He/she will tell you to go to the other section (still in the same room) and wait for other CBSA agent to call you and complete the
landing. Don't sit and wait for them, just stand up by the sign that says "Line Up Here"! Unless you need to catch your breath from
walking two ways across the rainbow bridge.I sat down thinking they would call me but none of the four CBSA agents there called me,
until I stood by the sign.
13. Hand all of your documents, in my case she only asked for passport, CoPR, confirmation of address (bills, etc.)
It's a good idea to review the CoPR for any typo so you could point it out to the agent. The agent will review all the documents and
call you back with a good news: CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE NOW A PERMANENT RESIDENCE!
14. Time to get the new SIN number (service canada) and OHIP card (service ontario).

For those who are still waiting, be patient. You're time will come :D

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Congratulations! And thanks for the explanation. And welcome to the board. :)

abdul12345

Feb 7, 2013
Hey I got my MR around mid April 2013 and the medicals were sent along with the BioData and the RRPF fee around the end of April. I still havent gotten a passport request. How long does it take after medical to get a passport request?

Also are there any june 2012 applicants out there who are still waiting for the passport request?

Another question. Whats this whole thing of talking to a local MP and requesting a GCMS? What does MP and GCMS stand for and how do we use these two exactly (pardon me if this question seems a bit nooby).

Any reply/help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
There are quite a few June applicants (especially late June applicants) still waiting for PPR.

MP is Member of Parliament. MP sometimes can help you find information on your application. You can find the MP for your area and their constituency office address here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx?TimePeriod=current

GCMS is CIC's case management system. GCMS notes contain information on your application (such as if your eligibility has passed). You can apply for your GCMS notes here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

abdul12345 said:
Hey I got my MR around mid April 2013 and the medicals were sent along with the BioData and the RRPF fee around the end of April. I still havent gotten a passport request. How long does it take after medical to get a passport request?

Also are there any june 2012 applicants out there who are still waiting for the passport request?

Another question. Whats this whole thing of talking to a local MP and requesting a GCMS? What does MP and GCMS stand for and how do we use these two exactly (pardon me if this question seems a bit nooby).

Kind regards,

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
abdul12345 said:

Kind regards,
Yes am too waiting for my passport request. There is no defined time after medicals to get a passport request. Usually one should expect it in about 2-3 weeks from the time the medicals are received by CIC but that again varies from case to case.

GoSPURSGo!

Jun 12, 2013
They maybe reviewing your medicals in batches? Looks like it's how they work, little late by a day or so, you'll have to be more patient longer.

abdul12345

Feb 7, 2013
cecbear said:
There are quite a few June applicants (especially late June applicants) still waiting for PPR.

MP is Member of Parliament. MP sometimes can help you find information on your application. You can find the MP for your area and their constituency office address here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx?TimePeriod=current

GCMS is CIC's case management system. GCMS notes contain information on your application (such as if your eligibility has passed). You can apply for your GCMS notes here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp
Thanks cecbear! Would you know how long does it take the MP to get info on the application and if the info they give back is as detailed as the GCMS notes? I just talked to an MP for my area and his assistant asked me to send him an email with the particulars of my app. Would they just email me whatever they find out about the application?

abdul12345

Feb 7, 2013
Canadavisa07 said:
Yes am too waiting for my passport request. There is no defined time after medicals to get a passport request. Usually one should expect it in about 2-3 weeks from the time the medicals are received by CIC but that again varies from case to case.
Hmmm...its been more than that for sure after they received my medicals. I think they received my medicals by the end of April.

aa001

Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Doc's Request.
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
17-07-2012
Med's Request
06-03-2013
Med's Done....
09-03-2013
Passport Req..
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
abdul12345 said:
Hmmm...its been more than that for sure after they received my medicals. I think they received my medicals by the end of April.
Got GCMS today and found

Eligibility Passed
Criminality Passed
Medical Passed

Ecase status is updated to DM on 27th May and still waiting for PPR.

abdul12345

Feb 7, 2013
aa001 said:
Got GCMS today and found

Eligibility Passed
Criminality Passed
Medical Passed

Ecase status is updated to DM on 27th May and still waiting for PPR.
Hey aa001,

How long does it take to get the GCMS notes?

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
abdul12345 said:
Thanks cecbear! Would you know how long does it take the MP to get info on the application and if the info they give back is as detailed as the GCMS notes? I just talked to an MP for my area and his assistant asked me to send him an email with the particulars of my app. Would they just email me whatever they find out about the application?
Sorry but I don't know about this. If you do get back from your MP, share your results here

mrromeo

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
26-07-2012
Med's Request
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2013
I am glad to see people getting Passports back one by one. Looks like i am not going to get mine this week as the return tracker is not activated yet and just two more days to go in the week. Its really frustrating for me.