App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
Med's Request
Awaited
ssparkles said:
Hi Everyone,

I successfully completed my landing yesterday! It went as smoothly as many of you said it would. I followed rosty2's post as well on flagpoling and it was a breeze. I'm so ecstatic! This long wait full of ups and down is finally over. I feel like I earned a degree in patience.

I have to say I am so grateful to this forum and all of you for helping out in so many ways throughout this process. I hope everyone gets their PR soon and we can all move to the next big thing :)

As for the flagpoling, I went to the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. I reached quite early around 9:00 am. There was the Crowne Plaza hotel opposite the Canadian border entry side. I decided to sit in a conveniently placed Starbucks to try and figure out where I could just ‘walk' in. As there was no side walk visible, just a duty free. I finally went to the duty free and asked the very bored ladies in there where the pedestrian walk way was and they directed me (it was just around the duty free).

Easily enough there was a simple walkway, a small toll booth where you pay 50 cents to cross. And then I was on the bridge. No way to turn back after that so make sure you all have everything before you cross that 50 cent booth! The view was very nice and you walk all the way to the other side and you hit the American Immigration.

The person there asked me if I had a US visa, I said no. He then asked purpose of visit so I said landing. I had to wait for about 5-7 mins (there was nobody else there around 9:30 am). He gave me a piece of paper and said I just had to show that on the Canadian side. So I left and walked back to the Canadian side.

I took pictures from the bridge it was great. Once I reached the Canadian side, I gave that piece of paper, passport, COPR, proof of address and had to wait for about 20 mins. After that the lady congratulated me on my PR and gave details how to travel and apply for SIN etc.
So I was all done by 10:30 in total including some photography time out on the bridge.

Once again thanks so much everyone for all the help. I'm going to still stick around and help out as being on this forum has kind of become a regular thing. :)

Why did they ask you for proof of address? Were you from Quebec and applied under CEC for Ontario?

savinca

Sep 18, 2012
ssparkles said:
Hi Everyone,

I successfully completed my landing yesterday!
Congratulations ssparkles, I got Passport Req on the same day as you, but sent it out on the second day, CPP-O received it on the 9th. Hope I can get it back as fast as yours in 2 weeks...

btw, where did you send your passport? the PO Box or the Courier address?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
ssparkles said:
Hi Everyone,

I successfully completed my landing yesterday! It went as smoothly as many of you said it would. I followed rosty2's post as well on flagpoling and it was a breeze. I'm so ecstatic! This long wait full of ups and down is finally over. I feel like I earned a degree in patience.

I have to say I am so grateful to this forum and all of you for helping out in so many ways throughout this process. I hope everyone gets their PR soon and we can all move to the next big thing :)

As for the flagpoling, I went to the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. I reached quite early around 9:00 am. There was the Crowne Plaza hotel opposite the Canadian border entry side. I decided to sit in a conveniently placed Starbucks to try and figure out where I could just ‘walk' in. As there was no side walk visible, just a duty free. I finally went to the duty free and asked the very bored ladies in there where the pedestrian walk way was and they directed me (it was just around the duty free).

Easily enough there was a simple walkway, a small toll booth where you pay 50 cents to cross. And then I was on the bridge. No way to turn back after that so make sure you all have everything before you cross that 50 cent booth! The view was very nice and you walk all the way to the other side and you hit the American Immigration.

The person there asked me if I had a US visa, I said no. He then asked purpose of visit so I said landing. I had to wait for about 5-7 mins (there was nobody else there around 9:30 am). He gave me a piece of paper and said I just had to show that on the Canadian side. So I left and walked back to the Canadian side.

I took pictures from the bridge it was great. Once I reached the Canadian side, I gave that piece of paper, passport, COPR, proof of address and had to wait for about 20 mins. After that the lady congratulated me on my PR and gave details how to travel and apply for SIN etc.
So I was all done by 10:30 in total including some photography time out on the bridge.

Once again thanks so much everyone for all the help. I'm going to still stick around and help out as being on this forum has kind of become a regular thing. :)
Congrats Sparkles. Photography time out...Guess you are a pro in that. Any suggestions for cool spots to take the snap shots while on the bridge?

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
ssparkles said:
Congrats Canadavisa 07!! You're almost there! That's great news!!
Thanks Ssparkles and congrats to you too for your smooth landing !! :D

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
My ecas status now shows "In-Process". :)

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
swahid said:
Awesome!! Many congrats!
Thanks swahid!

Mkapadia - They ask it only to send you the PR card I think. I doubt its for any other reason. She asked if I would be at this address for the next 6 weeks.

Savinca - I sent it to the P.O.box address using Xpresspost by Canada post. You sent it a day apart so hope you get it today! or really soon! :)

Infoseeker - Yes photography is a hobby of mine. Many spots but the main one I liked was closer to the US bridge, you get a shot of both falls, the US viewing deck, and a small hut type thing down below (from where the boat leaves). Its a cool shot not possible from the Canadian side. :)

Canadavisa - You're in the last stretch of the process too!!! Good luck with it all :)

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
Congrats Ssparkles ! Glad to know that everything went smoothly :)

virajrao

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-04-2013
Med's Done....
01-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2013
LANDED..........
18-07-2013
yosemite said:
Congrats Ssparkles ! Glad to know that everything went smoothly :)
When ECAS status ususally gets updated?

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
My ECAS changed today to "Decision Made". Passports on their way, can't wait to get landing done.

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
2_of_5 said:
My ECAS changed today to "Decision Made". Passports on their way, can't wait to get landing done.
I know ! Hope we get our passports back real soon....:) but like everything in this process the passport return times also vary substantially. So as of now the wait continues.

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
virajrao said:
When ECAS status ususally gets updated?
The website says usually on Tuesdays, but it seems that they update at any time.

CECAUG1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP, Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
August 23
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Aug 1st 2013
Med's Request
May 29th 2013
Med's Done....
June 10th 2013
Canadavisa07 said:
Thank you. Don't loose hope. You'll surely hear something soon as i did. It's just a matter of time. :)

Gud luck !!
Congrats Canadavisa07........I am really happy for u and it actually raised my hopes too....I am in high state of anxiety too...hope all who are waiting will get good news soon too......

headcrash4

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
ssparkles said:
headcrash4, What do you mean by '2nd confirmation' ??? ::)
hello ssparkles, I knew that you already landed. btw my mom got her 1st letter of confirmation of permanent residency dated May 2. And in order for her dependents to receive the visa, she must have first the appearance date which she will receive few days/weeks from now. Right after she signs the permanent resident thingy, our visa will already be issued. I dont know what happened to her appearance date. We are still waiting for it.

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
Hi guys,

Just a question, I know it may be silly or has been answered before. Do I need a visa to land at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara? I am not from a visa exempt country. I don't want to delay landing to apply for a U.S visa if I don't have to. Hoping my passport will come back soon:)