+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July draw predictions

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
557 to 542 seems at least a bit optimistic. If the draw size goes up to 2000 the next time, maybe we can see 530s or high 520s? I wonder what the distribution of people between 500-550 is

It depends on how large a draw is, and how many new 501+ people there are. My guess is that most 501+ people are in the lower 500s, which means that yes, the next time 530s or high 520s are definitely possible (I sure hope so. I need it to go down to 510s and I want it quickly). But it depends on how many new 501+ people are there. The 501-600 group will not start to diminish as long as draws don't invite at least 1500-2000 people outside of the 600+ group. For it to happen, draws need to be at least around 2500. Maybe not that big, if the influx of new people is under 500, but last two draws only saw the increase of it. So not sure what to say.

Reactions: Anna828

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Not only 500+, at this point it is tricky to know when it will go down to low 500s. I'm hoping 520s in the next 1-2 draws but I can't see it going to 500 quickly just looking at sheer numbers
I know how you feel. We are targeting around 510s. (Currently waiting for my WES and spouse's 2 year of experience).

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
I do hope they will think of CEC people, because most 500+ candidates are not CEC, and if the new program only targets limited NOCs (some of which are similar to those that will probably be targeted by EE NOC draws), then CEC becomes a bit meaningless. And it means losing international students, many of which who picked Canada because of PGWP and an opportunity for PR. I think they know the importance of this (for the economy, in terms of keeping numbers of international students). But I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
Many think after the new category system there will still be a portion of draw reserved for “no category specified” like the all program draws we have. The reason of that is because of a National Post article quoting Sean Fraser saying “those who score high will still be brought in etc etc”

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
It depends on how large a draw is, and how many new 501+ people there are. My guess is that most 501+ people are in the lower 500s, which means that yes, the next time 530s or high 520s are definitely possible (I sure hope so. I need it to go down to 510s and I want it quickly). But it depends on how many new 501+ people are there. The 501-600 group will not start to diminish as long as draws don't invite at least 1500-2000 people outside of the 600+ group. For it to happen, draws need to be at least around 2500. Maybe not that big, if the influx of new people is under 500, but last two draws only saw the increase of it. So not sure what to say.
This last draw saw a big increase but score still went down maybe I guess most new 500+ were between 500-530 and less PNP candidates.
That being said, they really need to increase ITAs, 250 each draw is very little, hopefully they can bring in 2250-2500 the next time but that is too hopeful.

Reactions: SatNight

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Many think after the new category system there will still be a portion of draw reserved for “no category specified” like the all program draws we have. The reason of that is because of a National Post article quoting Sean Fraser saying “those who score high will still be brought in etc etc”
Oh, wait wait, this is good. But as always, it can mean anything. For example, a no category specified draw once per year. Still, not bad to know.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
This last draw saw a big increase but score still went down maybe I guess most new 500+ were between 500-530 and less PNP candidates.
That being said, they really need to increase ITAs, 250 each draw is very little, hopefully they can bring in 2250-2500 the next time but that is too hopeful.
I know, right? We need at least 2500 draws to see things happening for real. That being said, I do assume that most 501+ people are in the lower 500s.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I know a few with 524 around who are entering soon, would that be considered low 500s?
I don't even know! Perhaps? I do hope for them to be selected in the second August draw.

I meant more "low 500" like people in the group I am looking to join. Around 510s.

Reactions: aommnd

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
I don't even know! Perhaps? I do hope for them to be selected in the second August draw.

I meant more "low 500" like people in the group I am looking to join. Around 510s.
I hope we all get selected, this gradual has to be more quick than now, pls we need 2500+ ITAs

Reactions: SatNight

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
This is a big screw up from IRCC that we have to wait for an ITA being in 500+ pool, stress level is high. I can only imagine what people with 471-499 are feeling. I am at 508 trying to increase it to 512-518 range with my wife giving english exam soon. If the range stays the same we might be 500+ for at least 6 months as IRCC said in of the memos that they expect the CRS score to be 500+ for quite some time

Last edited:

lilyt

Feb 18, 2022
This is a big screw up from IRCC that we have to wait for an ITA being in 500+ pool, stress level is high. I can only imagine what people with 471-499 are feeling.
With my Canadian education, 2 years of Canadian work experience and perfect IELTS the only feeling I have is pure rage
If I, a young Canadian educated tax payer, am not their perfect candidate, I would very much like to know who is

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
With my Canadian education, 2 years of Canadian work experience and perfect IELTS the only feeling I have is pure rage
If I, a young Canadian educated tax payer, am not their perfect candidate, I would very much like to know who is
I don't think its that.
It is that there are a lot more young (Canadian or non Canadian) educated tax payers with more experience, better English, better French, skills higher in demand. That seems to be why there is this mishap. Maybe there are people from Harvard applying here or something, masters, PhD, ... tons of highly talented people around the world, Canada started picking up steam recently when US made immigration nontrivial.

Reactions: Anna828

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
It's not even that. It's that corona messed things up and they responded in a way that caused further issues. The system is made to function in normal circumstances, but those were interrupted. I get that - corona was not their fault.

However, pretending that everything is the same and functioning as usual is not fair. There were many people who did everything correctly and according to the rules but are left out because of rigid administration. Not just in terms of immigration.

And I know that they are trying to right these wrongs, but it's always done in a way that is unfair for some people who are affected, without a good reason for it. For example, the 18 month extension of PGWP- it does not cover everyone affected, and it's unclear why.

It's why I fear what they will do with this C-44 thing. It's obviously made to help inland/CEC candidates who were affected, but we just know that it will exclude so many situations and people for no good reason. And don't even get me started on C-19. I get why it's being introduced but if your skilled immigration excludes highly edicated people who are already working in skilled jobs in Canada, then what's the point? (And this might happen, because there's no guarantee that people already working at skilled jobs in Canada will be allowed to stay if their occupation is not on the NOC list. )

Reactions: lilyt and klubsoda

lilyt

Feb 18, 2022
I don't think its that.
It is that there are a lot more young (Canadian or non Canadian) educated tax payers with more experience, better English, better French, skills higher in demand. That seems to be why there is this mishap. Maybe there are people from Harvard applying here or something, masters, PhD, ... tons of highly talented people around the world, Canada started picking up steam recently when US made immigration nontrivial.
please
how many of the people invited so far are CEC?
i bet no more than 10%
most of these 500+ people are PNP and FSW
yeah, I guess a 40 y.o. Ontario boilermaker and a guy with a PhD in belgian literature will have higher score than me
are they the future of the Canadian economy though? that is the real question
no to mention that guy with a 74 score from last spring who probably works at the gas station
there are no mit graduates there my friend

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
please
how many of the people invited so far are CEC?
i bet no more than 10%
most of these 500+ people are PNP and FSW
yeah, I guess a 40 y.o. Ontario boilermaker and a guy with a PhD in belgian literature will have higher score than me
are they the future of the Canadian economy though? that is the real question
no to mention that guy with a 74 score from last spring who probably works at the gas station
there are no mit graduates there my friend
Not disagreeing there, in normal times we were the best candidates now they have many PNP and FSW people. I personally know people who are moving from US (non US citizens) to Canada as FSW with over 550 score just because of their background, leaves us CEC people in the dust. Regardless it is disappointing they did the 74 score draw and now the scores are making it difficult for us young candian educated NOC 0 NOC A folks to get a placement