+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July draw predictions

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
@GandiBaat I agree with you. What was done to FSW candidates (and is still happening) was unfair. IRCC messed with them so badly and there's no excuse (yes, I know IRCC can do what they want, but it's really unfair). Not to mention that 75 point CEC draws and TR to PR proved to be an issue with creating backlongs and what not.

I am 100% on FSW candidates' side there.

It's just that none of that is CEC candidates' fault. Yes, CEC candidates should stop whining about stuff where FSW have it worse. But I don't like how the system makes candidates turn on each other. It's not our fault.

Similarly, I urge CEC candidates not to turn against FSW if there are general draws and FSW have more points. It's not FSW candidates' fault if IRCC decides not to hold CEC only draws in July.

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
I have a few good CEC folks in my company (cooks and chefs) who just finished their 1-year experience. However, their score is between 400-425. They have asked me whether they should prepare themselves mentally for leaving the country as 2022 seems will screw up candidates below 480-500. No idea what to suggest...?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I have a few good CEC folks in my company (cooks and chefs) who just finished their 1-year experience. However, their score is between 400-425. They have asked me whether they should prepare themselves mentally for leaving the country as July seems will screw up candidates below 490+.
The cutout will not stay above 490 for long. However, 425 is low. This might change with the new pathway or NOC based draws. Cooks and chefs seem to be in demand I think.

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
@GandiBaat I agree with you. What was done to FSW candidates (and is still happening) was unfair. IRCC messed with them so badly and there's no excuse (yes, I know IRCC can do what they want, but it's really unfair). Not to mention that 75 point CEC draws and TR to PR proved to be an issue with creating backlongs and what not.

I am 100% on FSW candidates' side there.

It's just that none of that is CEC candidates' fault. Yes, CEC candidates should stop whining about stuff where FSW have it worse. But I don't like how the system makes candidates turn on each other. It's not our fault.

Similarly, I urge CEC candidates not to turn against FSW if there are general draws and FSW have more points. It's not FSW candidates' fault if IRCC decides not to hold CEC only draws in July.
With al due respect it is totally valid for CEC to be preferred over FSW outland.

There is a key fundamental difference between CEC and FSW outland applicants which is status in Canada.
CEC candidates have been in Canada already and have a past in Canada that they are looking to continue for the future
FSW outland candidates may have no connection whatsoever to Canada and are preparing for a completely new future in Canada which is totally different.

There are CEC candidates who have been in Canada for 6-7 years after completing university degrees, their real home is Canada even though they are not permanent residents, for FSW outland candidates their home is not Canada no matter what you say, they have zero relation to Canada.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
@aommnd And where did I say I dosagree with that? My wife came to Canada in 2014 to pursue her PhD. She's been working since 2018. Of course I understand the importance of CEC.

D

Deleted member 981115

Hi everyone, I have a question. I am on a pgwp. With regards to the new policy that is in the process for international students and temporary foreign workers, are pgwp holders under the international students category since I graduated from Canada or is it the temporary foreign workers?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
With al due respect it is totally valid for CEC to be preferred over FSW outland.

There is a key fundamental difference between CEC and FSW outland applicants which is status in Canada.
CEC candidates have been in Canada already and have a past in Canada that they are looking to continue for the future
FSW outland candidates may have no connection whatsoever to Canada and are preparing for a completely new future in Canada which is totally different.

There are CEC candidates who have been in Canada for 6-7 years after completing university degrees, their real home is Canada even though they are not permanent residents, for FSW outland candidates their home is not Canada no matter what you say, they have zero relation to Canada.
This is a ridiculous and overly emotional argument. How on earth do you quantify what someone's "real home" is?

You're making the right points but in the wrong way - the immigration system doesn't give two hoots about what you think your "real home" is. What it cares about is recruiting/keeping people in Canada who have valuable skills, Canadian experience and attractive human capital qualities.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

I guess you don't understand that CEC has ALREADY been getting ALL the preferences in selection and more!

1. CEC folks typically do not need to provide any proof of funds.
2. CEC or rather inland applicants typically get additional points for their Canadian experience and Canadian job offer.
3. CEC also typically get BOWP to continue their job or seek a new job in Canada while their PR gets processed.
4. If a CEC has a Canadian degree they get additional points.

All of this has always existed. All these preferences and privileges have been baked in EE and CEC program since its inception. No one is questioning this.

What has been really messed up is that IRCC in their infinite wisdom invited CECs with as low as 79 points over a FSW and, worst part, STOPPED processing applications of FSW applicants for two years. Lastly for inland temporary residents they created this new TR2PR path with no pre-planned annual quota. That and then they went on massive refugee programs without accounting for any further immigration quota. These stupid decision lead to MASSIVE increase in backlogs and processing time of FSW application, now nearing 2 years.

Remember, FSW paid the same fee as CEC and have equal right at PROCESSING of application. Once a person is invited to apply, any further privilege or preference does not matter since all EE are promised same processing time ie 6 months. By breaking this basic basic promise of EE, IRCC has basically done a false advertisement. Had it not been a government agency, it would have been sued in a class action kind of lawsuit.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
This is a ridiculous and overly emotional argument. How on earth do you quantify what someone's "real home" is?

You're making the right points but in the wrong way - the immigration system doesn't give two hoots about what you think your "real home" is. What it cares about is recruiting/keeping people in Canada who have valuable skills, Canadian experience and attractive human capital qualities.
Actually, the issue is not about preference. CEC typically gets preference in terms of more points, less to prove and BOWP. Thats all fine and dandy. Its a part of Canadian immigration system. What is not fine is how IRCC shafted FSW processing time to the moon. After paying the same fee for EE, the processing experience should have been similar and it was meant to be similar as both were promised a six months processing time. The divergence in processing time is what is most unfair..

And I have not even pointed out IRCC's 79 points draw. I can even understand that as a part of policy.

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022

I'm well aware nobody cares (and i am not talking in terms of immigration qualities or whatever), I'm saying someone who has built a life in Canada for 5 years is more rooted in Canada compared to someone living in Germany with a job in Germany, home in Germany, friends in Germany looking to come to Canada to start a new life. I'm not gonna bother explaining the difference but its on you if you don't understand something as simple as this.

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
I guess you don't understand that CEC has ALREADY been getting ALL the preferences in selection and more!

1. CEC folks typically do not need to provide any proof of funds.
2. CEC or rather inland applicants typically get additional points for their Canadian experience and Canadian job offer.
3. CEC also typically get BOWP to continue their job or seek a new job in Canada while their PR gets processed.
4. If a CEC has a Canadian degree they get additional points.

All of this has always existed. All these preferences and privileges have been baked in EE and CEC program since its inception. No one is questioning this.

What has been really messed up is that IRCC in their infinite wisdom invited CECs with as low as 79 points over a FSW and, worst part, STOPPED processing applications of FSW applicants for two years. Lastly for inland temporary residents they created this new TR2PR path with no pre-planned annual quota. That and then they went on massive refugee programs without accounting for any further immigration quota. These stupid decision lead to MASSIVE increase in backlogs and processing time of FSW application, now nearing 2 years.

Remember, FSW paid the same fee as CEC and have equal right at PROCESSING of application. Once a person is invited to apply, any further privilege or preference does not matter since all EE are promised same processing time ie 6 months. By breaking this basic basic promise of EE, IRCC has basically done a false advertisement. Had it not been a government agency, it would have been sued in a class action kind of lawsuit.
I mean I think its fine. FSW Outland have no connection to Canada whatsoever, whereas people in land in Canada have literally been living, contributing taxes and built a life in Canada already.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
FSW Outland have no connection to Canada whatsoever, whereas people in land in Canada have literally been living, contributing taxes and built a life in Canada already.
Let me be blunt, neither have any connection to Canada. Simple. Unless you are a citizen or to a very very less degree PR, all the connection you think you have with Canada exists in your head only. You may be a bit better adaptable for which you get additional points alright but apart from that, its nothing else.

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Let me be blunt, neither have any connection to Canada. Simple. Unless you are a citizen or to a very very less degree PR, all the connection you think you have with Canada exists in your head only. You may be a bit better adaptable for which you get additional points alright but apart from that, its nothing else.
Lol, ok.
Someone who has studied and worked in Canada for a total 6 years has an equal connection to Canada as someone living in Germany who has seen videos of CN Tower on Youtube.

Got it

Reactions: haider4726

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Lol, ok.
Someone who has studied and worked in Canada for a total 6 years has an equal connection to Canada as someone living in Germany who has seen videos of CN Tower on Youtube.

Got it
Let it put it in this way, I as a PR of Canada living here for now almost 6.5 years, do not feel I have some touchy-feely connection with this country. A UK citizen whose family living here while he has been living in UK all his life may have a more significant connection with Canada than I do even though technically he is an outsider.

aommnd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Let it put it in this way, I as a PR of Canada living here for now almost 6.5 years, do not feel I have some touchy-feely connection with this country. A UK citizen whose family living here while he has been living in UK all his life may have a more significant connection with Canada than I do even though technically he is an outsider.
Legally yes, life-wise no.
If they leave the UK and their job, family, friends, career whatever there and come to Canada what do they have here besides citizenship?
I'm not saying they have less connection legally, I am saying their life won't be rooted here, they've got nothing here.

I personally have nothing back home except a passport, everything I have, money, career, friends is all here, I am a "X" national for legal purpose but I would be starting as a new immigrant back home versus here its totally different.

Regardless, this conversation isn't going anywhere; we have a difference of opinion and I'm not interested in derailing this topic further, I'm just on this forum to get info about getting a PR and that's it, not to get into moral or ethical discussions.

Cheers

Reactions: moscatojuices