FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 08, 2023
AOR Received.
July 08, 2023
Med's Done....
June 08,2023
Update on July 21: The tracker now shows eligibility as completed, four days after AOR. I hope that’s a good sign because a part of me is scared it just might mean it’s going to be summarily refused.

I also wonder what this sentence within that eligibility box means seeing as we are all economic class applicants here, anyway.

“What does Eligibility mean?
“We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class

Yeah, I also have this doubt. What does eligibility comprise actually? I am an FSW-O applicant.
In my post, I have shared a link which covers the stages of application process, but I would also like to know what does "Eligibility Completed" mean?
Does this stage also include checking of proof funds documents, education credentials and Work experience? Does this mean that these documents have been deemed "Passed"?

Because as far as my understanding goes, "Background Check" includes criminal and security checks.

Anyone who knows please respond.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yeah, I also have this doubt. What does eligibility comprise actually? I am an FSW-O applicant.
In my post, I have shared a link which covers the stages of application process, but I would also like to know what does "Eligibility Completed" mean?
Does this stage also include checking of proof funds documents, education credentials and Work experience? Does this mean that these documents have been deemed "Passed"?

Because as far as my understanding goes, "Background Check" includes criminal and security checks.

Anyone who knows please respond.
Eligibility is about assessing whether you meet the MEC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Eligibility completed would mean that IRCC has checked your documents for the CRS points claimed and is satisfied that you meet the minimum criteria (MEC) set at the time of ITA. This would involve your POF, education, etc.

What background check involves: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

tedfaro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
17-07-2023
AOR Received.
17-07-2023
Eligibility is about assessing whether you meet the MEC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Eligibility completed would mean that IRCC has checked your documents for the CRS points claimed and is satisfied that you meet the minimum criteria (MEC) set at the time of ITA. This would involve your POF, education, etc.

What background check involves: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/
Just to be sure, and I sincerely apologize for pestering you with all these incessant questions, but I have this mortal anxiety about my employment papers because at my workplace they never answer the phone, like never. They just put it on the website and on the letters just as a formality. (I was twice offered a credit card with a humongous credit limit and it was twice declined because no one at work answered when the bank called.)

So I was a bit taken aback when they marked eligibility “completed” just four days after AOR. I hadn’t even done my biometrics yet. It’s been a long holiday weekend and I’m going tomorrow.

So my question is — and again, please forgive me — are you certain that “completed” means passed and accepted and CRS points verified?

Or is it possible that it only means that they had started AND completed the review of my employments records, regardless of whether they passed or failed it? Is it possible that they tried calling my employers, no one answered and so they marked it for instant refusal and “completed” means they aren’t going to try verifying again?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Just to be sure, and I sincerely apologize for pestering you with all these incessant questions, but I have this mortal anxiety about my employment papers because at my workplace they never answer the phone, like never. They just put it on the website and on the letters just as a formality. (I was twice offered a credit card with a humongous credit limit and it was twice declined because no one at work answered when the bank called.)

So I was a bit taken aback when they marked eligibility “completed” just four days after AOR. I hadn’t even done my biometrics yet. It’s been a long holiday weekend and I’m going tomorrow.

So my question is — and again, please forgive me — are you certain that “completed” means passed and accepted and CRS points verified?

Or is it possible that it only means that they had started AND completed the review of my employments records, regardless of whether they passed or failed it? Is it possible that they tried calling my employers, no one answered and so they marked it for instant refusal and “completed” means they aren’t going to try verifying again?
Two things here:
1. Yes, your eligibility is completed.
2. IRCC rarely calls employers, they should, but they don't.

Instant refusal post R10 pass (all documents are submitted and ready to be verified) doesn't happen. Instead, IRCC will issue you an ADR or worst PFL(Procedural fairness letter) and you can respond back to them with the right proof. If they don't receive a call, perhaps they'll contact over email. There's not a single case here where a missing phone number even lead to a PFL for context. So, you are all good :)

tedfaro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
17-07-2023
AOR Received.
17-07-2023
Two things here:
1. Yes, your eligibility is completed.
2. IRCC rarely calls employers, they should, but they don't.

Instant refusal post R10 pass (all documents are submitted and ready to be verified) doesn't happen. Instead, IRCC will issue you an ADR or worst PFL(Procedural fairness letter) and you can respond back to them with the right proof. If they don't receive a call, perhaps they'll contact over email. There's not a single case here where a missing phone number even lead to a PFL for context. So, you are all good :)
Thank you so so much, friend!

tedfaro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
17-07-2023
AOR Received.
17-07-2023
Hello and best wishes, all.

Here goes nothing!

FSW-Outland
ITA: June 28, 2023 — healthcare round 1
Upfront medical: July 9, 2023, submitted July 11
AOR: July 17, 2023
[July 19: Medical passed. July 21: Eligibility completed on tracker only.]

July 24 update: Biometrics done this morning and marked completed on GC Key, not yet on the tracker.

Guys, I know it must be a dumb question at this point! But what is a ghost update?

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
[July 19: Medical passed. July 21: Eligibility completed on tracker only.]

July 24 update: Biometrics done this morning and marked completed on GC Key, not yet on the tracker.

Guys, I know it must be a dumb question at this point! But what is a ghost update?
GU is something that you get a notification over email or as an update - but there's no real update.

Biometrics will appear to be in progress for a very long time on PR tracker, I'd simply look at GCKey for the most reliable status on biometrics.

Reactions: tedfaro

kenngee

Apr 18, 2023
EE PNP (Alberta)
ITA: May 24
Submitted: July 06
AOR: July 06
Medical passed: July 19

ON TRACKER
MEP passed
Background check in progress
Biometrics in progress
Eligibility not started

GCKey
Eligibility:We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility criteria
MEP Passed
Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints
Background check: Not applicable

Still waiting for BIL(i had done biometrics in 2021, but i know i need to give another one.Should i be worried i didn’t get the BIL with MEP? How long does it take to get the BIL if you didn’t receive with MEP?

49Winkler

Jul 1, 2023
EE PNP (Alberta)
ITA: May 24
Submitted: July 06
AOR: July 06
Medical passed: July 19

ON TRACKER
MEP passed
Background check in progress
Biometrics in progress
Eligibility not started

GCKey
Eligibility:We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility criteria
MEP Passed
Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints
Background check: Not applicable

Still waiting for BIL(i had done biometrics in 2021, but i know i need to give another one.Should i be worried i didn’t get the BIL with MEP? How long does it take to get the BIL if you didn’t receive with MEP?
Looks like I'm not alone :p I'm more anxious than your situation... Because I only got UCI number, but I didn't receive any MEP message or BIL... The tracker shows Medical Not Started, Lol
Hope we all get good update soon.

SareenaShah

May 10, 2023
Looks like I'm not alone :p I'm more anxious than your situation... Because I only got UCI number, but I didn't receive any MEP message or BIL... The tracker shows Medical Not Started, Lol
Hope we all get good update soon.
You guys are not alone! i did'nt receive BIL too!! Mine shows same as user kenngee

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
submitted Biometrics today and the status of "background check" changed from "Not Applicable" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

The status shows as 'in progress' since 20th on the tracker though.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
submitted Biometrics today and the status of "background check" changed from "Not Applicable" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

The status shows as 'in progress' since 20th on the tracker though.
Trust tracker for background check and eligibility.

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Trust tracker for background check and eligibility.
So, what is your guesswork/research on timeline for Eligibility and Background Check change to completed. I think I see most applications processing within 30-50 days after BIL/MEP. can I expect a similar timeline for PPR?