+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

GerhardR

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Everything on our Paper-based Family application has been completed (everything was done by 2 November (marked completed). But have been waiting for the Ceremony invite.
I suspect it would be Ottawa since our tests emails came from there. Any idea how long we are going to wait for the ceremony invite?

herain312

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
Finally, after a long wait of 21 days, I was able to download my citizenship certificate.
Wishing you good luck to whoever is waiting for their certificate. It will be uploaded soon.

Reactions: Purpleyam

herain312

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
I have sent an email to the address allocated during the pilot program for E-Certificate (found it somewhere online when looking for answers) IRCC.ECertificatePilot-PiloteCertificatE.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
I explained the situation and they replied back this afternoon. Not sure if that did the trick or not but if you are also waiting for the certificate and getting no responses from the office; it would not hurt to send an extra email to this email address. (Just a suggestion).

Now I can proudly say that I am a CANADIAN!
Eh!

herain312

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
Wow what a relief, glad you finally have it. Continue with passport :)
Thank you so much. Unfortunately, I cancelled my passport's appointment this morning:(. Will try to go in person during lunchtime as they are not that busy during that time.

GerhardR

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Wonder why it is taking so long to get an invite for the oath ceremony. All our steps were completed 2 November already. People keep mentioning it takes about 2 weeks to get the appointment, but we've seen no change since then.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Wonder why it is taking so long to get an invite for the oath ceremony. All our steps were completed 2 November already. People keep mentioning it takes about 2 weeks to get the appointment, but we've seen no change since then.
I'm a mid-August applicant and I've noticed the same thing, everything completed since Nov 2 but oath not started. Is your application being processed in Mississauga by any chance?

It's weird, because some people who applied in late August and even September already got their oath invites.

GerhardR

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
I'm a mid-August applicant and I've noticed the same thing, everything completed since Nov 2 but oath not started. Is your application being processed in Mississauga by any chance?

It's weird, because some people who applied in late August and even September already got their oath invites.
My test notification came from Ottawa so I am assuming that's my processing office.

Edmundtimi

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
Did anyone get the request to submit scanned copies of all the pages of the passport? How long did it take to get an update after sending them?
I already took the test and got the background check done. Vancouver office particularly.

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Did anyone get the request to submit scanned copies of all the pages of the passport? How long did it take to get an update after sending them?
I already took the test and got the background check done. Vancouver office particularly.
I got the same request in last week of October. Sent the scan same day. Its been radio silence since.

• Wow
Reactions: Edmundtimi

Andrei141590

Mar 20, 2019
Coincidence or not, but after my yesterday call they finally update background check to completed, after a month they received my fingerprints. still waiting on LPP, let's see how long will take that to get update Vancouver Office.....
What was your guys experience?
Type - Online
Application - Single
Physical Presence - 1600
Vancouver Office
Location -Calgary
Submission date- July 16, 2023
This is my time line so far
:

1. Aug 16, 2023-Application filed: application received
2. Sep 11, 2023-Activity status updated: Citizenship test: in progress
3. Sep 12, 2023-Fingerprints required
4. Sep 13, 2023-Fingerprints done/not received by IRCC
5. Sep 18, 2023-Scheduled for citizenship test: between September 18, and October 9, 2023
6. Sep 24, 2023- Test done/ pass
7. Sep 26, 2023-Activity status updated: Citizenship test Completed
October nothing been updated
8. Nov 8, 2023-Fingerprints required: final notice
9. Nov 8, 2023-Fingerprint results: Received
10. Nov 30, 2023-Background completed

Details of app status:

• Language skills- In progress
  • Physical presence-In progress
  • Citizenship test- Completed
  • Background verification- Completed
  • Prohibitions- In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony-Not started

Last edited:

validity

Oct 9, 2023
Hi guys, as promised, my family got the e-certificates same day we took our oath on Nov 21, and we submitted passport applications the following day..I would like to gladly say that we got all our passports today and can now celebrate with a trip to Madrid..I wish you all the best if your journey is still ongoing, and God bless you..Thank you all for the support you gave us during our journey