+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Does requesting CGMS notes will speed up process as I see lots of guys requesting those and got more details then just wait on tracker?
I think it won't. Mine were generated 2nd November and delivered 2 days ago. Nothing changed on my tracker.

You should still order them though. Helps figure out any red flags and/or what stage your application is in.

Reactions: Waiting-18

Waiting-18

Aug 23, 2020
I think it won't. Mine were generated 2nd November and delivered 2 days ago. Nothing changed on my tracker.

You should still order them though. Helps figure out any red flags and/or what stage your application is in.
Hello,
I believe we are still at the same stage so far. The latest update for me is that the finger print request has been received, but the background check has not been completed yet. As for my wife, her finger print data has also been received, and the background check is completed. Since that day, September 11, I have not received any further updates. There was an update on October 27, but there has been no new information on the file since that date. By the way, I haven't left Canada at all in the last five years.
I hope to hear any news soon.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Hello,
I believe we are still at the same stage so far. The latest update for me is that the finger print request has been received, but the background check has not been completed yet. As for my wife, her finger print data has also been received, and the background check is completed. Since that day, September 11, I have not received any further updates. There was an update on October 27, but there has been no new information on the file since that date. By the way, I haven't left Canada at all in the last five years.
I hope to hear any news soon.
Just my suggestions based on what I have read on the forum before.

If your fingerprints have been received for a while but your background has not been completed, you could be undergoing an extended security screening. This takes about 4 to 6 months longer. Finger print covers the criminality portion of background check. Security screening is the other part.
The October 27 update was a system update and was received by everyone. I have left Canada about 10 times in past 5 years including an extended absence of 700+ days. This did not impact my background check which was completed the next day after fingerprints were received.

It will probably not make a difference to uour application but you could order GCMS notes to know more about the current status of your application. It should help you mentally prepare for a longer delay ( hope it does not come to that!)

I wish you good luck and hope you hear something soon.

sbh146

Sep 21, 2023
Hello All,

Do we get an update in the suivi tracker for finger print request and complete? Myself and spouse received an email for the finger print which we completed in a week, but there is no update in the tracker about the finger prints at all?

There is no change in the background status too. Please advise. Thanks!

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Hello All,

Do we get an update in the suivi tracker for finger print request and complete? Myself and spouse received an email for the finger print which we completed in a week, but there is no update in the tracker about the finger prints at all?

There is no change in the background status too. Please advise. Thanks!
It takes about 3 weeks for both "Fingerprints received" and if applicable, "Background completed" status to update after the fingerprints have been sent to IRCC.

You can do two things if it is taking a while:

1. Contact RCMP: You will need the DCN number you may have got from the fingerprinting agency. Note: The response takes a while. In my case I received an RCMP reply after my status had been updated in tracker. There is also a phone number for CCRTIS but I never managed to reach them over phone.

2. Reply back to the email that sent you a fingerprinting request. You will get an auto-reply saying that we don't respond to status requests. But in many cases mentioned on the forum, the status updated in tracker soon after. I think this is probably not making a difference and IRCC was going to update it any way soon.

3. Order GCMS notes: Your fingerprints may have been received and you may have passed criminality check. But there may be other checks in progress that are preventing background being completed. You may be able to find out if this is so from GCMS notes. The notes are unlikely to provide you with any useful info to speed up your application.

Hope this helps. Nothing is legal advice in the above. Just trying to help.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi! I’m not sure if anyone knows since interviews are not very common nowadays as it was before COVID.

Anyways, my processing office was Mississauga but today I attended the in-person interview with an officer in Scarborough - does it mean Scarborough will now be my processing office?