+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Visitor Visa Applications

Wethewest

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Hi all,

Let's discuss visitor visa July 2022 applications here.
Application: Visitor visa for Sister (Previous rejection in 2019)
Application Submitted: July 03

Last edited:
Reactions: Jemnay

Kisses92

Jan 8, 2021
Applied visitor visa for my mother:

July 6: Submitted
July 7: Biometrics request
July 8: Submitted biometrics and updated status in portal

They are still in background check and haven't started with eligibility.

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hi All, Starting to apply for my mom, visitor visa, need some clarifications,

1) IRCC Portal vs GCKey, How did you get IRCC Portal like for your parents? Did you select the unite with family option?
2) I selected unite with family option and started the process in IRCC Portal, which option did you select for parents? I selected the visiting non-dependent child option, is that correct?
3) After filling up, I don't get an option to upload Invitation letter or Proof of funds, I only get Passport, Employement Letter, Additional Document.

Your input will be really helpful. Thank you!!

nehpannu

Nov 6, 2019
July 6: applied for mom in india ( i m PR)
July 7: background check started & got bIL
July 12: biometric complete and updated same day on new portal account.
Waiting…

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All, Starting to apply for my mom, visitor visa, need some clarifications,

1) IRCC Portal vs GCKey, How did you get IRCC Portal like for your parents? Did you select the unite with family option?
2) I selected unite with family option and started the process in IRCC Portal, which option did you select for parents? I selected the visiting non-dependent child option, is that correct?
3) After filling up, I don't get an option to upload Invitation letter or Proof of funds, I only get Passport, Employement Letter, Additional Document.

Your input will be really helpful. Thank you!!
If they have a valid US or previous Canada visa they will not get option to upload proof of funds. You can upload it in additional documents to be safe.

Reactions: bluehorse

Sahilsn927

Aug 5, 2020
Hello wonderful people,
I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my parents.
My father is a framer and my mother is unemployed(housewife).

So My question is in the application they ask "How much money do have for your stay in Canada?"
They have around $5k in their joint account and I have around $13k in my account. And I will be sponsoring their whole trip.

What should I put in the answer?

Thanks,

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello wonderful people,

So My question is in the application they ask "How much money do have for your stay in Canada?"
They have around $5k in their joint account and I have around $13k in my account. And I will be sponsoring their whole trip.

Thanks,
For visit visa they need to show their own funds. Your funds would not matter much. Right now air ticket prices are quite high. I'm afraid $5K may not be enough to even buy return tickets so their visa may get rejected for lack of funds.

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019
For visit visa they need to show their own funds. Your funds would not matter much. Right now air ticket prices are quite high. I'm afraid $5K may not be enough to even buy return tickets so their visa may get rejected for lack of funds.
Hello wonderful people,

Thanks,
I am also in process of applying visitor visa for my spouse and I see 2 questions being asked in the application via IRCC Portal.
1. How much money do you (applicant) have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD) ?
2. Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? Select Yes/No. If Yes, Please provide details. Note: When you give us proof of your financial documents, make sure to tell us who's providing the money (if it's not you).

From the second question, what I understand is, that if the applicant says 'YES', they should tell Immigration officers that 'XYZ' is providing money and include his/her financial documents along with your(applicant's) proof of funds. Also, whoever is supporting your funds can also write in a letter of invitation that they will be taking care of all expenses.