+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Visitor Visa Applications

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
Visitor visa application for wife from India.

July 9: Application submitted
July 11: Biometrics updated

No further updates since....

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
Give it a couple of weeks

Any travel history?
Yes, she went to school in New Zealand for a couple of years. We actually applied before marriage for a visitor visa, but unfortunately it was on the old portal before September 7, 2021.

The consultant she was using in India wouldn't agree with me that we had to resubmit. So we wasted a whole year like this.

This time I submitted the documents myself. Hope it will be good.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
First application (refused):

New portal Application submitted: March 23, 2022
Biometric request: March 23, 2022
Biometrics done: March 29, 2022
Review started: It never changed
BVL and refusal letter: June 19, 2022

Refusal reasons: 1) Family ties back home 2) Length of stay 3) Purpose of visit inconsistent to the length of stay

New portal Reapplied: July 02, 2022
Biometric linked to the new application: July 02, 2022
Review started: July 20, 2022
BVL and PPR: July 23, 2022 just now.

Can someone help me to understand how to submit the passport? I live in India and my nearest VFS is New Delhi. I want to send it via their courier service but their website is not showing the option.

Thank you,
Raise VFS webform

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Yes, she went to school in New Zealand for a couple of years. We actually applied before marriage for a visitor visa, but unfortunately it was on the old portal before September 7, 2021.

The consultant she was using in India wouldn't agree with me that we had to resubmit. So we wasted a whole year like this.

This time I submitted the documents myself. Hope it will be good.
IRCC did ask applicants who submitted before to reapply

Now I am assuming she did not get a decision on the GC Key and now has 1 active application on the iRCC portal?

Did you submit all travel history and show enough funds/ties and justify purpose of visit

Good Luck

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
I submitted the visitor visa application for my parents. Timeline below -

Application submission: July 22, 2022
Biometric Instruction Letter Received: July 22, 2022
Biometrics Enrolment Completion: July 26, 2022

How long does it take to see the biometric details updated in the IRCC portal after completion ?

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
IRCC did ask applicants who submitted before to reapply

Now I am assuming she did not get a decision on the GC Key and now has 1 active application on the iRCC portal?

Did you submit all travel history and show enough funds/ties and justify purpose of visit

Good Luck
We withdrew the previous application that used the GC key.So just have this current application on the new portal.

I uploaded all her visas, and entry/exit stamps on her passport and included all bank statements, income tax etc. Really tried to make sure we're proving everything we're claiming on the form. Hope it will go well!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
We withdrew the previous application that used the GC key.So just have this current application on the new portal.

I uploaded all her visas, and entry/exit stamps on her passport and included all bank statements, income tax etc. Really tried to make sure we're proving everything we're claiming on the form. Hope it will go well!
good luck

I have seen Spousal TRV's are always hit or miss.

ahsngkwt

Jul 22, 2022
I applied July 24th. I haven't submitted biometrics yet. Guys I forgot to submit tax returns, and it's not letting me go back and Re submit. I submitted W2 though. What are my options? Submitting from the US.

ahsngkwt

Jul 22, 2022
It didn’t say that it is exclusive for IRCC applications. As long as you have UCI and Application Number, you can raise webform.
Use this link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Thanks so much! How important are tax returns for visitor visa? That website says it's only for "urgent" matters I'm not sure if this counts as urgent or if this will hurt my application? I have uploaded our house title, paystubs, bank statements, employer letter and W2 (which is a tax document but not our returns).

juris07

Jul 14, 2022
Thanks so much! How important are tax returns for visitor visa? That website says it's only for "urgent" matters I'm not sure if this counts as urgent or if this will hurt my application? I have uploaded our house title, paystubs, bank statements, employer letter and W2 (which is a tax document but not our returns).
It is not only for urgent matters. You can see an option which is to replace or to amend documents. Just try uploading, it won’t hurt your application.