JULY 2022 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP PAPER

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
UPDATE:
Spousal Inland+OWP, paper-based, delivered by courier
Application received: 29 July 2022
AOR: 31 August 2022 @ 4:15 AM PST
Medical Exam requested & completed: 31 August 2022
Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL) received: 7 September 2022, appointment booked for 8 September 2022.

Reactions: O.R

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
Hi guys, I submitted the application on 18th July 2022 online. Then, on Aug 15, received the UCI# & application# - Not sure what the letter is called. Is it AOR? The letter contains information about Medical examination, PR payment fees and ... .

Looking at the comment in this post, many of you got the timeline so organized. You guys seem to copy and paste it from somewhere. Where to find it?

Last question. I, the principal applicant, was able to register on the status tracker website. however, my wife, the sponsor, was unable to register. Did it happen to anyone before?

Last edited:

suikasuki

Aug 1, 2022
Hi guys, I submitted the application on 18th July 2022 online. Then, on Aug 15, received the UCI# & application# - Not sure what the letter is called. Is it AOR? The letter contains information about Medical examination, PR payment fees and ... .

Looking at the comment in this post, many of you got the timeline so organized. You guys seem to copy and paste it from somewhere. Where to find it?

Last question. I, the principal applicant, was able to register on the status tracker website. however, my wife, the sponsor, was unable to register. Did it happen to anyone before?
1. Yes that’s AOR.
2. I think you can find it in the post for June 2022 application.
3. Status tracker is for principal applicant, sponsor doesn’t need to register. Actually it’s not that useful and the information there is delayed so I think the best way to track application is linking your application to your IRCC account.

Reactions: MariOTh

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
Hi all, just here to update my timeline:

Received AOR & Medical Request: Aug 3
Biometrics Request: Aug 4
OWP approved: Aug 5
Aside from checking the OWP box in the checklist, did you do anything differently to get approved? Also, did you receive the work permit in your mail?

suikasuki

Aug 1, 2022
Aside from checking the OWP box in the checklist, did you do anything differently to get approved? Also, did you receive the work permit in your mail?
Hi, I didn’t do anything special, I just submitted OWP application form and documents as required.
But one thing I paid attention was the order of the forms and documents. IRCC requires that the OWP application should be put right after the checklist of the sponsorship application. I’m not sure if that makes any difference but I did it.

And yes I received it in mail. It’s a paper document.

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
Hi, I didn’t do anything special, I just submitted OWP application form and documents as required.
But one thing I paid attention was the order of the forms and documents. IRCC requires that the OWP application should be put right after the checklist of the sponsorship application. I’m not sure if that makes any difference but I did it.

And yes I received it in mail. It’s a paper document.
That's awesome. I submitted the OWP on August 25th after I received the AOR letter in 10 days. Hopefully, I get it soon.

Rhea Jose

Mar 15, 2020
That's awesome. I submitted the OWP on August 25th after I received the AOR letter in 10 days. Hopefully, I get it soon.
Hi, did you apply for the OWP online? I received my AOR and I'm trying to find the application package for that. For some reason the questionnaire is providing me with form 5257 instead of 5707 as mentioned on the cic website. As I am also on implied status (applied for visitor extension) so a bit confused. Any insights would be helpful.

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
Hi, did you apply for the OWP online? I received my AOR and I'm trying to find the application package for that. For some reason the questionnaire is providing me with form 5257 instead of 5707 as mentioned on the cic website. As I am also on implied status (applied for visitor extension) so a bit confused. Any insights would be helpful.
Hi Rhea, I am going to share how I applied for the OWP online. I am not 100 percent sure this is the right way to do it, but hopefully, members in this post confirm with us.

I found a video on Youtube on how to apply for an open work permit online and it will walk you through step by step. You will need to go to the GCKey website and sign in. If you don't have an account you can create an account within 3 minutes.

Hopefully, that helps...

Sep 19, 2022
Hi Guys, I need some advice for my spousal sponsorship. Actually, I am Candian PR and she is on a study permit. Initially, when she applied for a study permit from India, that one got rejected then she re-applied. After that, we got married in India, and about after a month after the marriage she got approval for a study permit.

Now she is in Canada. I am wondering if
1. I should apply for sponsorship or just wait to complete her study??
2. Further, should I show marriage from India or Canada?

Please provide your valuable suggestion. Thanks