+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Does anyone know if they send an email after Biometrics have been passed?
They don't. You can find out if you passed by going to GCKey and seeing if there's an expiry date next to your biometrics info. (Usually 10 years from submission date)

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Now I am scared because I applied in July but my police certificate for my spouse likely expired in August. Usually has validity of 6 months, hopefully they don't ask me to resubmit...
Mine was also expiring in August. Let's hope they won't ask you.

Luam

Dec 19, 2017
Could you please assist me here . I am sponsoring my husband and I have a representative who is following my case. Recently IRCC send email saying that to link my application with IRCC link (ECAS ) which is almost two weeks ago. I spoke my representative today and he said he tried to connect it but it didn't work and he is contacting IRCC and also he said that even if we don't connect the application to ECAS , they will send us email . It will not affect the process .

Could someone tell me if we don't link the application with ECAS , does it affect my process .

Please i am worried .

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Could you please assist me here . I am sponsoring my husband and I have a representative who is following my case. Recently IRCC send email saying that to link my application with IRCC link (ECAS ) which is almost two weeks ago. I spoke my representative today and he said he tried to connect it but it didn't work and he is contacting IRCC and also he said that even if we don't connect the application to ECAS , they will send us email . It will not affect the process .

Could someone tell me if we don't link the application with ECAS , does it affect my process .

Please i am worried .
It doesnt affect the process. Only advantage of linking is you can see the updates and notification in your account

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
I received an email this morning with steps required to issue my CoPR... So I now have 30-days to submit the required information which is all good. The Visa office they asked me to send to is in New York City however they give an option to request it moved to Ottawa if I'm in Canada and will remain in Canada for the next 3-months.

My wife and kids are already Canadian Citizens, I'm the US outlier going through the PR process and we all reside in Canada now. So I'm guessing requesting it moved to Ottawa is the best path forward but unsure if that will cause any delays or if staying with New York is just easier (albeit more expensive with couriers and fees).

The other question I have is if I need to send photos for just myself or my entire family. My interpretation is that I'm the only applicant so only my photos are required but the eMail isn't 100% clear as it asks for photos for "one for each accompanying family member". Technically they accompanied me but as they are citizens it doesn't make sense they need their photos.

Lastly, with regard to moving the process to Ottawa, it says to do so only if we will be in Canada for the next 3-months. I do plan to travel to the UK for the Holidays (assume the world hasn't locked down by then), so technically, I will not be here for 3-months but unsure if this matters for this purpose.

Any help welcome...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received an email this morning with steps required to issue my CoPR... So I now have 30-days to submit the required information which is all good. The Visa office they asked me to send to is in New York City however they give an option to request it moved to Ottawa if I'm in Canada and will remain in Canada for the next 3-months.
Lastly, with regard to moving the process to Ottawa, it says to do so only if we will be in Canada for the next 3-months. I do plan to travel to the UK for the Holidays (assume the world hasn't locked down by then), so technically, I will not be here for 3-months but unsure if this matters for this purpose.
-No photos needed for your other family members.

-I'd actually suggest you call IRCC or contact the visa office/consulate - for almost all cases where applicant is in Canada, they are using 'virtual landing' process instead of physically sending docs to Ottawa. But it seems in some cases the form letters they send haven't been updated. (I'm not even sure "Ottawa" is still doing this? Probably but who knows.

-One small warning or thing to keep in mind - depending on passport - it will take some time to get the PR card which you probably would need to get on a flight to Canada (not sure about US citizens). And so you could get into odd situation of eg becoming a PR just before you depart for UK (or even while you're there) and not having a doc that would allow you to return to Canada as a PR. (And most cases - if you are a PR, you must board your flight as a PR- old tourist visas or ETAs may not work). And if you don't have a PR card, that means applying for a PRTD, which might take some time.

Anyway in a sense it might be better for you to submit the info as required just after you return. (I know thye say 30-day limit but don't seem to strictly enforce those things esp in covid times).

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
-No photos needed for your other family members.

-I'd actually suggest you call IRCC or contact the visa office/consulate - for almost all cases where applicant is in Canada, they are using 'virtual landing' process instead of physically sending docs to Ottawa. But it seems in some cases the form letters they send haven't been updated. (I'm not even sure "Ottawa" is still doing this? Probably but who knows.

-One small warning or thing to keep in mind - depending on passport - it will take some time to get the PR card which you probably would need to get on a flight to Canada (not sure about US citizens). And so you could get into odd situation of eg becoming a PR just before you depart for UK (or even while you're there) and not having a doc that would allow you to return to Canada as a PR. (And most cases - if you are a PR, you must board your flight as a PR- old tourist visas or ETAs may not work). And if you don't have a PR card, that means applying for a PRTD, which might take some time.

Anyway in a sense it might be better for you to submit the info as required just after you return. (I know thye say 30-day limit but don't seem to strictly enforce those things esp in covid times).

Thanks for the quick response. Curious what magically number I can call to reach the IRCC? I've attempted dozens of times and keep getting the same message, "...due to Afghanistan...we cannot transfer your call to an agent, try again later."

On the PR situation with my travel, I thought the PR isn't issued until I "land" and have the CoPR? The letter I received was titled "Ready for Visa" and once I submit the photo's/docs, I will eventually get my CoPR letter and I thought the next step was to physically Land to get the PR issued.

Sean

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the quick response. Curious what magically number I can call to reach the IRCC? I've attempted dozens of times and keep getting the same message, "...due to Afghanistan...we cannot transfer your call to an agent, try again later."

On the PR situation with my travel, I thought the PR isn't issued until I "land" and have the CoPR? The letter I received was titled "Ready for Visa" and once I submit the photo's/docs, I will eventually get my CoPR letter and I thought the next step was to physically Land to get the PR issued.

Sean
Since COVID began they are mostly doing virtual landings for those in country. So some internet stuff and then one day you are a pr.

The point being, copr alone not enough to travel on.

What passport are you using?

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
Since COVID began they are mostly doing virtual landings for those in country. So some internet stuff and then one day you are a pr.

The point being, copr alone not enough to travel on.

What passport are you using?
US Passport

I'm assuming I still need to submit the photos, so the question is do I just send to NY or wait to hear back from Ottawa. The letter was not clear on what to do once I submit the webform informing them I'm in country.

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
My application is from Pakistan and we just completed our medical last week. Not sure if it was passed or not but it was done for sure.
Oh ok. I haven't received medical request yet. Although about a month ago they asked me to resubmit Police certificate which I did.