Application sent: July 16 2021
Application delivered: July 19 2021
AOR - Aug 31 2021
Background check - Nov 25 2021
Test completed - Jun 30th 2022
Everything else (language, physical, prohibitons) - Sep 20 2022
Ceremony scheduled Sep 23 2022
Oath on Oct 20 2022

Hoping certificate won't be too long after oath.
I also have a family application with Vancouver office but still waiting for the oath letter. Good thing you got it so fast.

jwswart

Apr 15, 2018
I also have a family application with Vancouver office but still waiting for the oath letter. Good thing you got it so fast.
No discernable pattern really. I see you were asked for fingerprints, to my knowledge I've never provided fingerprints, not even during PR. Friends of mine also had to. They asked me to provide scans of my passport though (which I had done during the original application and nothing had changed so I just resubmitted). So I'm not sure why they ask some folks for certain things and not others. I'm sure you'll get your invite soon!

Reactions: CGGuy

hfxfilms2020

Star Member
Oct 7, 2022
What are peoples experiences with sending a webform as a nudge on application/to get it moving. I have heard many things from:

- It causes further delays
- You get a generic response, but you see an update normally shortly after, e.g. a month or so after waiting a period of time

Cheers

khannadeepak106

Dec 20, 2021
What are peoples experiences with sending a webform as a nudge on application/to get it moving. I have heard many things from:

- It causes further delays
- You get a generic response, but you see an update normally shortly after, e.g. a month or so after waiting a period of time

Cheers
Hello, I had sent a web form for urgent processing of my application for job related urgency but not heard back. Waiting till tomorrow to complete the 5 business day lead time and then calling them up to get an update on the web form, need atleast a yay or nay from them...
and it does not make any difference to your application... neither it speeds it up nor does it delay it...

highbreed22

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
FAM
I emailed just now because I'm so anxious it's been 3 weeks. I guess it will just reduce the anxiety but let's see what will happen next.
I got reply today that Im in queue for the ceremony and the wait time is currently 3-6months from my grant date (decision made on Sept 21) the email said that I will be notified by email about the date, location, etc of the ceremony.

Im not sure how accurate this is bec I see a lot of people only waiting 2 weeks or less before getting oath invites. It also appears to me that what the email was about is an in person ceremony, not the virtual. Or maybe it's a general response....

Just hoping for the best...

CGGuy

Jan 18, 2019
Burnaby, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2021
File Transfer...
17-10-2018
No discernable pattern really. I see you were asked for fingerprints, to my knowledge I've never provided fingerprints, not even during PR. Friends of mine also had to. They asked me to provide scans of my passport though (which I had done during the original application and nothing had changed so I just resubmitted). So I'm not sure why they ask some folks for certain things and not others. I'm sure you'll get your invite soon!
I just got my Oath date and information e-mail! Looks like Vancouver office is working after all.

Last edited:

elkili86

Aug 18, 2021
Yeah, most of the updates seem to be coming from Vancouver these last few weeks. Hopefully I get mine soon too ( Got all completed but the Oath on Sep 28th )

Reactions: highbreed22

khannadeepak106

Dec 20, 2021
Guys, need a quick help... I sent a web form for urgent processing of my citizenship application owing to my job situation on 4th October.
I see a ghost update on my profile for 7th October but no emails or no update on the status tracker.
I tried calling the customer service but they did not transfer me to an agent. Can anyone let me know how I can reach the customer service to check update on my web form or anything online i can do to check this?
Thanks

hfxfilms2020

Star Member
Oct 7, 2022
Guys, need a quick help... I sent a web form for urgent processing of my citizenship application owing to my job situation on 4th October.
I see a ghost update on my profile for 7th October but no emails or no update on the status tracker.
I tried calling the customer service but they did not transfer me to an agent. Can anyone let me know how I can reach the customer service to check update on my web form or anything online i can do to check this?
Thanks
I think the update on the 7th October relates to the tracker update they released today? I have exactly the same date on mine. Before update, this morning said April, after update, said the 7th October.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....