+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hello,

I received an email asking for my travel history from my physical presence dates that I had provided last year. Should I reply back to the same email with the pdf / photos and is there any particular format should I follow ?
Please let me know with your inputs.
Thanks in advance
I believe the instructions will be in the email they sent. Typically thet say "reply to this email with the documents" or something like that.

Just include your full name, UCI and the application number in all communications so it's easier for them to look up and also include the list of documents you're attaching for context.

Saima2022

Sep 20, 2022
Hello everyone
I have missed the invitation email for oath cemrononey . They will invite me for next schedule date . How long it will take to get that invitation. Also I am going to back home and my pr is experiening next month . Should i wait for the ceremony or i can renew the Pr card. I already bought the tickets . Now i am confused should I wait for ceremony and or i

Saima2022

Sep 20, 2022
And I apply for pr renewal in meanwhile I receive oath invitation. What will I do ? I will contact pr card department or i have no idea please guide me

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
And I apply for pr renewal in meanwhile I receive oath invitation. What will I do ? I will contact pr card department or i have no idea please guide me
Rescheduling Oath ceremony can takes from 2 weeks to 2 months. You can certainly travel to your country but if your PR card is expired when you are out of country you cannot travel back with that . You either need to fly to USA if you have visa and enter Canada through land border or you have to apply for PRTD from your home country . Processing time depends from your visa country. I will suggest you to postpone your travel plans . Also you can apply for renewal of PR card from inside Canada only. You don’t need valid PR card for Oath ceremony.

Saima2022

Sep 20, 2022
Rescheduling Oath ceremony can takes from 2 weeks to 2 months. You can certainly travel to your country but if your PR card is expired when you are out of country you cannot travel back with that . You either need to fly to USA if you have visa and enter Canada through land border or you have to apply for PRTD from your home country . Processing time depends from your visa country. I will suggest you to postpone your travel plans . Also you can apply for renewal of PR card from inside Canada only. You don’t need valid PR card for Oath ceremony.
I will apply for pr card before leaving . Thanks for u help can u please tell me how long it will take to get urgent permanent card? If I attach my tickets with renewal application . Thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I will apply for pr card before leaving . Thanks for u help can u please tell me how long it will take to get urgent permanent card? If I attach my tickets with renewal application . Thanks
As I told you , you can submit application for renewal of pr card but you still can’t return with Expired PR card . You have to apply for PRTD from your home country. Processing time for renewing Pr card is 93 days now . I’m not sure about how long it will take for urgent processing. Also you can’t take Oath from outside Canada and you have to have valid Pr card to return to take Oath in Canada.

Saima2022

Sep 20, 2022
Hello everyone,
I applied for urgent pr card renewal. I attached residency of obligation but I just double check it I don’t need to attch because I was only 100 days out of canada .are they going to return it ? Or ask me to reapply? Or my case will get complicated? Please advise

khannadeepak106

Dec 20, 2021
Finally received the update on Oath ceremony in my application tracker. Admin, can you please update the tracker with Oath Letter Date as 11-Nov and Oath Ceremony for 21-Nov. I can see it in my application status but yet to receive an email from IRCC.

Does anyone know how long does it take receive the email from IRCC for instructions for Oath ceremony? Also how much time does it take for Citizenship certificate to arrive? I believe we need the citizenship certificate to apply for our passports?

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Finally received the update on Oath ceremony in my application tracker. Admin, can you please update the tracker with Oath Letter Date as 11-Nov and Oath Ceremony for 21-Nov. I can see it in my application status but yet to receive an email from IRCC.

Does anyone know how long does it take receive the email from IRCC for instructions for Oath ceremony? Also how much time does it take for Citizenship certificate to arrive? I believe we need the citizenship certificate to apply for our passports?
Instruction email should come mostly a week before your Oath ceremony.

elkili86

Aug 18, 2021
I friend from Vancouver office got it around 3 days after the oath, quite fast. But I'm not sure even that same office is as fast with all the certificates.

Saima2022

Sep 20, 2022
Hello everyone I applied for pr renewal for urgent . I received an email for application received and try to login with my UCI nmbr . But when I am trying to log in there is only my citizenship application status no pr renewal. I just received an email for pr card renewal application received. Please advise the email i received is it Acknowledgment letter? Thnx

elkili86

Aug 18, 2021
Hi! finally my oath invitation!!

You can update the tracker

Type: Paper
Application : Family (2)
Application submitted: July 12, 2021
Delivered originally on: July 29, 2021
AOR: Dec 17, 2021
In progress: Dec 7th, 2021
Background check: Jan 31st, 2022
Test invite: June 22, 2022
Test interview date: June 24, 2022
All marked complete (but the Oath): Sep 28th, 2022
Oath invitation received: November 18th, 2022
Ceremony Date: December 6th, 2022

Hopefully I'll get the certificate shortly afterwards as I have to travel on the 16th haha

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Since my last post in late August, I did decide to request GCMS notes in October.
Since then I've gotten Physical Presence & Language Skills updated (on November 8th).
Still waiting for Prohibitions for the past 10 days but hoping my application's completed soon.

Montreal Office / Paper Application
Delivered: 2021-07-02
AOR: 2021-10-07
Test date: 2022-01-07
Test completed: 2022-01-10
Language Skills, Physical Presence: 2022-11-08
Prohibitions in progress still