+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Svr

Jun 3, 2022
1. I have extensively travelled prior by application submission. However, I met the minimum 1112 days within 5 year for physical presence calculator. I have travelled around 35 countries during that period. How do I handle question on this travel. Any advice

just answer what they ask for example if they ask you to show the stamps on your passport ... your entry and exit date for a specific country etc...

2. My interview document write to get all my original passports current and expired in my possession. Does that mean only 5 years or all passport since birth.

yes, i would prepare all my passports since the birth just in case....

3. Do i need to show original educational diploma, as I have submitted document for English proof.

better get all your educational certificates ready just in case if they want you to show them ....
Interview completed in Jan 2023, all stages passed except waiting for oath ceremony which haven't started. It is April now, is it normal or I should do something?

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Interview completed in Jan 2023, all stages passed except waiting for oath ceremony which haven't started. It is April now, is it normal or I should do something?
Even if you had the ceremony next year, it would be normal to IRCC. You have a thing to do is waiiiiiiiiiiiting .

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
only one citizenship test completed

Background check done on 28 feb 2022 but still in progess

Rest All In progress
Any update? My background was completed Feb 13 but apparently LPP hasn't started (as per notes and call centre- tracker says in progress). Applied for urgent processing but now the strike is on.

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Any update? My background was completed Feb 13 but apparently LPP hasn't started (as per notes and call centre- tracker says in progress). Applied for urgent processing but now the strike is on.
I think LPP will change In progress in GCMS if your app is assigned to an office to process. If not, it is still Not start. An office has 60 days to complete. if not assigned, it will be at review registry.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I think LPP will change In progress in GCMS if your app is assigned to an office to process. If not, it is still Not start. An office has 60 days to complete. if not assigned, it will be at review registry.
Could you please elaborate on what review registry means? My processing office is Scarborough. One of their replies to my emails was "your file is in queue to be reviewed by an officer"

Svr

Jun 3, 2022
I have finally got citizenship. Thanks to everyone and best of luck to those on this journey.

Below is my timeline

Your citizenship application status

Updated:
May 16, 2023

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!

You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.
Find information and services for new Canadians, such as

• applying for a passport
  • voting in an election
  • 1 year of free admission to Canada’s natural parks and cultural centres
Application history
  • May 13, 2023
    Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Citizenship oath status has been updated to Completed.
  • May 3, 2023
    Scheduled for Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on May 10, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
  • May 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
  • Feb 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Physical presence
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Prohibitions
    Prohibitions
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 13, 2023
    Interview required
    You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on January 13, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Nov 29, 2022
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Apr 25, 2022
    Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Apr 8, 2022
    Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between April 8, 2022 and April 28, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Apr 1, 2022
    Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Sep 29, 2021
    Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Reactions: forw.jane