+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Dadhichi

Jul 7, 2016
Hi guys, I am from Saskatchewan and applied last year for citizenship in 15 October 2021, AOR Jan 12 2022, test taken in April and all sections completed on 27 July 2022. Waiting for oath ceremony, don’t know when, it’s frustrating of waiting for an oath. Anyone have any suggestions when it comes
Thank you
I am on same boat - waiting since May 17 - 2022 for Oath Ceremony...

Dadhichi

Jul 7, 2016
The email address that you receive your Test email from has the info about the office that is processing your application.

Thank you for your reply, however i just moved out from the province where i applied the citizenship and updated the address.. don't know weather my processing office will change or not....

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thank you for your reply, however i just moved out from the province where i applied the citizenship and updated the address.. don't know weather my processing office will change or not....
Typically it's the office closest to your home. This is the list of all offices: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html

You can also call the IRCC call center and ask them the office, they'll give you.

highbreed22

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
FAM
I'm also on the same boat. processing office is Vancouver... everything is complete except my oath is still not started. :( it's frustrating coz i have a travel coming up in Dec.. hoping to get an update soon as it's been 2 weeks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I'm also on the same boat. processing office is Vancouver... everything is complete except my oath is still not started. :( it's frustrating coz i have a travel coming up in Dec.. hoping to get an update soon as it's been 2 weeks
I been waiting from 1.5 month from Vancouver. Did you tried to reply to email from which you got test invitation?

highbreed22

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
FAM
I been waiting from 1.5 month from Vancouver. Did you tried to reply to email from which you got test invitation?
Not yet. I'm planning to do that once I hit 1month of waiting. Should we do it? Lol I'm really anxious right now. I'm not sleeping well for the past two weeks even though I know it's not in my hands

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Not yet. I'm planning to do that once I hit 1month of waiting. Should we do it? Lol I'm really anxious right now. I'm not sleeping well for the past two weeks even though I know it's not in my hands
Well nothing to worry or replying to Email. Sometimes they reply that you are in queue for citizenship ceremony or something they just ignore that email:(

• Sad
Reactions: highbreed22

lipphi

Mar 9, 2022
You still have time if travel is coming up in December. But it is worth emailing if you are worried. there is nothing to lose, as this does not affect the outcome of your application. just be polite and explain your situation

hfxfilms2020

Star Member
Oct 7, 2022
Any suggestions on how to find out more on your application, apart from sending off a request for Notes?

I know phoning does not get you anywhere, my MP just gave me the standard notes. Any recommendations?

Office: Halifax
Application: Couple
Paper Application sent via Canada Post: July 2021
Application received: September, 2021
AOR received: October 15, 2021
BGC Completed: November 29 2021
Test invite: April 7 2022
Test Marked complete: Apr 19 2022
Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
Any suggestions on how to find out more on your application, apart from sending off a request for Notes?

I know phoning does not get you anywhere, my MP just gave me the standard notes. Any recommendations?

Office: Halifax
Application: Couple
Paper Application sent via Canada Post: July 2021
Application received: September, 2021
AOR received: October 15, 2021
BGC Completed: November 29 2021
Test invite: April 7 2022
Test Marked complete: Apr 19 2022
Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started
When I didn't have any update for 5 months after my test, I applied for GCMS notes. Exactly after 30 days, my language and others were marked complete and was scheduled for oath. I never got the notes though.

Reactions: hfxfilms2020

jwswart

Apr 15, 2018
Just adding my dates here:

Family application, Vancouver office.

Presence: 1099.5

Application sent: July 16 2021
Application delivered: July 19 2021
AOR - Aug 31 2021
Background check - Nov 25 2021
Test completed - Jun 30th 2022
Everything else (language, physical, prohibitons) - Sep 20 2022
Ceremony scheduled Sep 23 2022
Oath on Oct 20 2022

Hoping certificate won't be too long after oath.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
When I didn't have any update for 5 months after my test, I applied for GCMS notes. Exactly after 30 days, my language and others were marked complete and was scheduled for oath. I never got the notes though.
It's ok , I ordered 4 GCMS notes and only got 3. The one I that was never processed I requested in March and a week or two back I received them after the fact that it's been almost two n half months since I got my citizenship certificate :p :p :p

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
Hi Folks ,
My oath was last week and updated completed ,but file still in progress and not closed yet , has anyone had the same with his case ?!

highbreed22

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
FAM
Well nothing to worry or replying to Email. Sometimes they reply that you are in queue for citizenship ceremony or something they just ignore that email:(
I emailed just now because I'm so anxious it's been 3 weeks. I guess it will just reduce the anxiety but let's see what will happen next.