+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

lipphi

Mar 9, 2022
Hi guys! I need help!!

I got the FP request on April 5, submitted it on April 6, received by IRCC on May 5 (one full month, no problem) but it's still showing as in progress. It's over 8 weeks since I got the FP request and looking at everyone's timeline this is not normal. What am I supposed to do??

PS: I didn't travel much - don't have any issues with background check, been working in large corporations and I'm a single applicant so it looks straight forward to me! It's been very veryy frustrating!!

Any idea what to do?
i think sometimes they don't update right away. i'm also a July applicant, submitted FP in April but waiting for everything else besides test and background check to be marked complete... if you look at the spreadsheet, it seems like there can be quite a variation between applicants in terms of time taken for each step, but in the end, the average time seems comparable? i don't think there is anything else that can be done besides wait

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Most of the folks who requested it didn't get any useful info and it takes about 6 weeks so I dunno!
It's better than sitting around and worrying.

IF you had crossed one year I would have recommended you to reach out to your local MP.

There aren't too many things you can do at this stage.

Reactions: QueenM93

Svr

Jun 3, 2022
I know someone who did twice FP over 16 months and finally went through. He kept calling but each time he was asked to wait. So it seems they take their own time without time frame.

Reactions: smash1984

Khadakarle

Mar 22, 2019
App. Filed.......
08-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Hello. To my fellow june 14 oath takers, did you received the instruction email for the oath yet? Thanks
I just received the oath email!

But interestingly it came from Winnipeg office while I'm based in BC

Reactions: Jakev

Phoenix8

May 31, 2022
Check the Test email address (sender), if it says SCR it means Scarborough if it says MIS then it means Mississauga
I receive all the communication through email, which has no mention of any of the offices. How do I know which office is the application getting processed under?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
if you look at the spreadsheet, it seems like there can be quite a variation between applicants in terms of time taken for each step, but in the end, the average time seems comparable?
That seems to be true in many cases especially applications processed within the same office.

But clearly a few are left behind due to some kinks in the system. They might not show up in averages or when you use only processed applications for your average or std deviation calculations. Many that applied right after the pandemic (April - Dec 2020) are seeing the longest wait times outside of some 2019 folks. Its not like they’re looking for more details or docs from these applicants, when they’re processed, they go thru normally like everyone else’s. IRCC needs to make an effort to correct this.

What is difficult to tell is how many of these old applications are still pending. What %, and why are those approvals just trickling.

Dadhichi

Jul 7, 2016
My application details are as follows.

Paper application, a family of 3.
Saskatchewan

Application sent – July 15 - 2021
AOR - Sep 3 - 2021
Background complete - Dec 3 - 2021
Citizenship Test Scheduled - Feb 11 - 2022
Citizenship Test Complete - Feb 21 - 2022
Prohibitions, Physical Presence, Language – May 02 - 2022

Oath ceremony started - No
Oath ceremony invites – Not Received à Waiting for it.

Please do let me know if anyone has a similar timeline of Citizen Application and waiting for Oath or Received Oath Ceremony Invite.

somm2202

Jun 27, 2017
Hi guys,

My application was updated to 'In Progress" today with no information on what the update is about.

Everything checked completed since May 10. Oath ceremony not stated.

I was actually expecting the oath ceremony update. But it updated today, with no info on oath ceremony. Oath ceremony still show "not started".

Anybody had similar experience?