Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
test done on Feb 11th (June applicant) and still no updates. Scarborough is the worst
I'm also a June applicant, test done March 1 and complete silence since then. Niagara Falls office, which supposedly isn't bad

MST05

Sep 2, 2018
I did my finger prints back on march 17th ."We received your fingerprint information on March 30, 2022 and will review them shortly. Thank you! "
NO Update yet . Shall i contact or still wait

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I did my finger prints back on march 17th ."We received your fingerprint information on March 30, 2022 and will review them shortly. Thank you! "
NO Update yet . Shall i contact or still wait
Contact ASAP .. mine got update in 5 weeks after I gave my FP.

ManZZ

Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
Doc's Request.
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
23-04-2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
23-04-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Thank you for the update. Is your application only for yourself or for family as well ? All the best and stay in touch !
Welcome. My application is individual for myself.

Sanket Gumaste

Sep 11, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm a little concerned about my application. The tracker online shows it was filed on July 22nd 2021 (I received AOR on Sept 14th), however there haven't been any updates on it since Nov 9th, which was regarding the completion of the Background check. Everything else is showing as in progress since then.

My brother also filled on the exact same day as me (though he filed as a family of 4), and he has already even taken the citizenship test.

Is anyone else in the same boat, with no updates/progress on the application?
Hi, I am in the same boat as you and my dates are very similar to yours. Have you got any updates ? I've applied for myself. My colleague who is a family of 4, applied 5 months after me and has already received the test invitation.

deepika3891

Sep 20, 2021
Hi.. my husband has his oath ceremony on June 16 but has to travel to India on July 10 .. is the time period sufficient to apply Canadian passport and Indian tourist visa??? Any idea?? Travel is inevitable..
Or is it possible to travel with Indian passport after the oath ceremony and return with pr card??

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi.. my husband has his oath ceremony on June 16 but has to travel to India on July 10 .. is the time period sufficient to apply Canadian passport and Indian tourist visa??? Any idea?? Travel is inevitable..
Or is it possible to travel with Indian passport after the oath ceremony and return with pr card??
pr card will be cut during the oath ceremony, so he might have to get the Canadian passport to return back. He could also come to a US city (if he has a B2 visa) and cross the Canadian border with the Citizenship certificate.

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
This is a very tricky situation given the timeline. AFAIK, if you get a Canadian passport, then you have to rescind your Indian passport. Without that, you cannot get a visa to India. All of this takes time. After Oath, it takes avg 5-7 business dates for Citizenship certificate to arrive, then you will apply for Canadian passport. After that you will rescind Indian Passport and then apply for Visa. Too much to do in such a short frame.

Also somewhere I read in the forum here, that you cannot exit and enter using different passports. It will be flagged in the system.
Regarding the PR card, someone already answered.

I think the only option is to explain the situation and ask for postponing of the oath ceremony.

Reactions: Khadakarle

Khadakarle

Mar 22, 2019
App. Filed.......
08-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
This is a very tricky situation given the timeline. AFAIK, if you get a Canadian passport, then you have to rescind your Indian passport. Without that, you cannot get a visa to India. All of this takes time. After Oath, it takes avg 5-7 business dates for Citizenship certificate to arrive, then you will apply for Canadian passport. After that you will rescind Indian Passport and then apply for Visa. Too much to do in such a short frame.

Also somewhere I read in the forum here, that you cannot exit and enter using different passports. It will be flagged in the system.
Regarding the PR card, someone already answered.

I think the only option is to explain the situation and ask for postponing of the oath ceremony.
That's right, its cutting too close. But I know some people ask them to expedite the Citizenship certificate and passport can be done in 2 business days.

I would say, before he reschedule his ceremony, talk to Indian consulate and get a tentative timeline.

Reactions: anumantra