+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Can someone please help me..
21st Jul, 2021- submitted Online application.
Did not receive AOR mail.
11th Oct 2021- Received a mail with subject " Follow the progress of your Citizenship grant application". However, it did not have the application number which is required to register to log in to the tracker. Tried calling the customer care and finally reached them on 29th Dec and got to know my application number. Then registered for the tracker.
08th Mar- BG verification marked completed
11th Mar- Citizenship test scheduled in the tracker for 18th Mar to 7th Apr
Did not receive invite at all.
Went ahead and took the test as per instructions in the tracker.
24th Mar- Citizenship test marked completed in the tracker.
Now I am concerned that I am not receiving important mails like AOR, test invite.
Had I not contacted the customer service back in Dec, I would have kept waiting for the AOR for application number.
I see some applicants are being requested for passport copies to verify physical presence. Are they getting a mail request? Is it also mentioned in the tracker? I do not want to miss any more mails for my application.
Also what if the Oath invite mail is also not reaching me.
Can someone please help me on the next steps..is there anyway I can get this resolved?
While it is indeed concerning that you are not getting the important e-mails, the incidents when isolated are not that improbable. There have been few cases where members of the forum had to contact IRCC to get their application number (after missing AOR mail) to track their application. There have been even greater number of people that didn't receive test e-mail but were able to take the test directly from the link. However, you are the first person I have seen on this forum to have both scenarios happened to them. Having said that, despite numerous reports of missing e-mails for AORs and tests, not a single person (to the best of my knowledge) has reported not receiving e-mail for the oath so be rest assured you will receive the e-mail for the oath when the time comes.

As @Jakev already mentioned, you don't have to worry about fingerprint mails since your background verification has been completed already unless of course you have the rare "luck" of having to submit another FP in which case you'll receive the mail (as no one has reported not getting FP mail either).

Good luck.

Vanakkam. June 2021 onward, passport copies are requested early on and as a part of the initial application. What that means we wouldn’t get a request to submit pp copies.
That's not completely true. Passport requests can come between test completed and decision made if they need to verify your physical presence before marking it completed.

Last edited:

theresa777

Nov 28, 2017
Can someone please help me..
21st Jul, 2021- submitted Online application.
Did not receive AOR mail.
11th Oct 2021- Received a mail with subject " Follow the progress of your Citizenship grant application". However, it did not have the application number which is required to register to log in to the tracker. Tried calling the customer care and finally reached them on 29th Dec and got to know my application number. Then registered for the tracker.
08th Mar- BG verification marked completed
11th Mar- Citizenship test scheduled in the tracker for 18th Mar to 7th Apr
Did not receive invite at all.
Went ahead and took the test as per instructions in the tracker.
24th Mar- Citizenship test marked completed in the tracker.
Now I am concerned that I am not receiving important mails like AOR, test invite.
Had I not contacted the customer service back in Dec, I would have kept waiting for the AOR for application number.
I see some applicants are being requested for passport copies to verify physical presence. Are they getting a mail request? Is it also mentioned in the tracker? I do not want to miss any more mails for my application.
Also what if the Oath invite mail is also not reaching me.
Can someone please help me on the next steps..is there anyway I can get this resolved?
I am expressing the exact same thing… I didn’t get an AOR email either. It was when I saw an email to “follow the progress of my citizenship application” that I called IRCC, the rep insisted that they had sent the email and she gave me my application number. I also didn’t receive the test invite email and I had to contact them and they sent me the link to do the test. It’s seems this is happening to applicants who applied online late July 2021 and have the test window of March 18th - April 7th.. IRCC emails are just not coming to us.
Online Application July 24th
AoR- October 7th (as stated by IRCC rep on the phone)
Background check completed -March 8th
Test Window - March 18th - April 7th
Test completed - March 24
Citizenship test updated in tracker- March 25th

Reactions: Tamilrockerzzz
Mar 25, 2022
This is worrisome . Given that you are not getting emails like AOR or Test invites then there is a high probability you won’t get the email with oath ceremony information .
Maybe send a webform and explain as you did here or ask the call center what office is processing your application and maybe someone here can help you with an email address for that location , so
You can reach out directly .
Thank you, yes will have to send a webform..or wait for someone to throw more light

Ulla

Mar 16, 2022
I would appreciate some guidance please.
My timeline is: Paper application received Jul 28, Ghost update Nov 3, BGC completed Jan 25.
Now: because I am over 54 y/o I do not need language test nor citizenship test.
Here is my question: is my next step an interview? How does one get notified?
Thank you

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
While it is indeed concerning that you are not getting the important e-mails, the incidents when isolated are not that improbable. There have been few cases where members of the forum had to contact IRCC to get their application number (after missing AOR mail) to track their application. There have been even greater number of people that didn't receive test e-mail but were able to take the test directly from the link. However, you are the first person I have seen on this forum to have both scenarios happened to them. Having said that, despite numerous reports of missing e-mails for AORs and tests, not a single person (to the best of my knowledge) has reported not receiving e-mail for the oath so be rest assured you will receive the e-mail for the oath when the time comes.

As @Jakev already mentioned, you don't have to worry about fingerprint mails since your background verification has been completed already unless of course you have the rare "luck" of having to submit another FP in which case you'll receive the mail (as no one has reported not getting FP mail either).

Good luck.

That's not completely true. Passport requests can come between test completed and decision made if they need to verify your physical presence before marking it completed.
I recall a case of two on this forum recently where the oath email never arrived.

Reactions: Tamilrockerzzz
Mar 25, 2022
I am expressing the exact same thing… I didn’t get an AOR email either. It was when I saw an email to “follow the progress of my citizenship application” that I called IRCC, the rep insisted that they had sent the email and she gave me my application number. I also didn’t receive the test invite email and I had to contact them and they sent me the link to do the test. It’s seems this is happening to applicants who applied online late July 2021 and have the test window of March 18th - April 7th.. IRCC emails are just not coming to us.
Online Application July 24th
AoR- October 7th (as stated by IRCC rep on the phone)
Background check completed -March 8th
Test Window - March 18th - April 7th
Test completed - March 24
Citizenship test updated in tracker- March 25th
Thank you for reply..will keep everyone updated on my progress..

phoenix1985

Dec 28, 2015
Hi Members,

I passed my test yesterday. I found out from the forum that you are supposed to see yourself at the bottom corner on the test window. But I didn’t see myself during the test. Is that an issue? Is there anyone who didn’t see themselves during the test, and it was accepted?

Ma-cha

Mar 22, 2022
Hi how do I know which office is processing my application? Does the time gap between test completion and Oath vary based on processing offices. ? Just wanting to decide whether to take a 2 months vacation to home country between test and oath time. I haven’t received test invite but test status updated in tracker as waiting on you.