z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
today at 9:32 AM
Hello Everyone

Need some information from members who have already taken the oath.

During oath did you need your COPR if you had your PR card in your possession and became a PR after June 28 2002?

Just trying to be sure as mine is back home.

Thanks

Ronnie
My oath ceremony was conducted by the Montreal office. They did not ask for COPR and only the PR CARD however it is recommended to keep the COPR with you as the oath instructions does require it. Different offices may conduct the oath differently and may ask you to write something like "No longer a canadian permanent resident" or some other variation on the COPR.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
I've completed my test in March and it was marked complete on 29th March. No update afterwards :( Is there anyone who has no update after their test?

I applied for GCMS notes today. I've read that a few people got their GCMS notes after 25-30 days. Some never got it. So, I am not very hopeful.

I have no idea which office is processing my application because I never received any update that I was scheduled for the test nor the test link. I had to write to a generic email id to get the test link after 2 days into my test window, so you can guess how "efficient" my application processing office is.

What do you guys suggest I do?

Congratulations for everyone who have received the citizenship or very close to getting it.
GCMS notes is a good idea. You will get it in a month or so but meanwhile call IRCC and ask them about the processing office and your status.

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
My oath ceremony was conducted by the Montreal office. They did not ask for COPR and only the PR CARD however it is recommended to keep the COPR with you as the oath instructions does require it. Different offices may conduct the oath differently and may ask you to write something like "No longer a canadian permanent resident" or some other variation on the COPR.
Thanks a ton.

Sandra141

Dec 7, 2015
Hi all,

I had my oath ceremony yesterday, and today my status tracker says closed and my citizenship has been approved. Does this mean that my certificate has been shipped out?

Thank you for your response in advance.

pharmjam

Oct 24, 2018
Hi all,

I had my oath ceremony yesterday, and today my status tracker says closed and my citizenship has been approved. Does this mean that my certificate has been shipped out?

Thank you for your response in advance.
That's the general consensus on here, that closed application equates to certificate being mailed out, but some people have expressed that wasn't the case for them. Mine was closed on the 27th but was mailed on the 26th, so go figures. However, you can actually call IRCC and the agent should be able to tell you if it as been mailed out.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello,
I received an invitation to oath ceremony on july 16th. I was unfortunately outside of canada, so replied the the email right away to inform them that i won't be able to attend and reschedule. I've had no response since. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to be scheduled, once again, for a ceremony? should be registered with the Montréal Office.
If I were you I would have just flown into Canada for one day to take the oath.

As candidpnp said "resend the reschedule request to with a scan of your passport arrival stamp and request for a reschedule date"

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
I've completed my test in March and it was marked complete on 29th March. No update afterwards :( Is there anyone who has no update after their test?

I applied for GCMS notes today. I've read that a few people got their GCMS notes after 25-30 days. Some never got it. So, I am not very hopeful.

I have no idea which office is processing my application because I never received any update that I was scheduled for the test nor the test link. I had to write to a generic email id to get the test link after 2 days into my test window, so you can guess how "efficient" my application processing office is.

What do you guys suggest I do?

Congratulations for everyone who have received the citizenship or very close to getting it.
After contacting IRCC, I came to know that my office is Scarborough. The customer care agent said "Everything looks good. nothing to worry. It is within the processing timeline of 26 months". o_O

khannadeepak106

Dec 20, 2021
Hello,

Need some suggestions,
I received my Test invite today and the window is from August 05 - August 25.
Currently im outside of canada and will be going back to canada on August 30, will it be possible for me to take the test outside of canada ?
should i inform IRCC about it ?
Please provide some realtime response.

Thanks in advance
My exam was scheduled for 27June to 17July but as I was outside Canada, I emailed to IRCC (in the way they mentioned on the test invite letter), and they responded back to me in <5days that I can give my Test from outside Canada which I gave and passed. Please follow the steps they have mentioned in the letter and they shall allow you to give your exam even from outside Canada. Hope this helps. Thanks.

somm2202

Jun 27, 2017
Please is there anybody on here from the Calgary Office, who attended the oath ceremony on August 3? Please kindly respond I have a question.

Thank you