+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

whkg

Feb 7, 2021
Must be a relief for you to have AOR! Wish we get it soon as well!
Yes... we were worried we made a mistake and it would be rejected after 7 months of wait. Hopefully you'll get yours shortly.
It does seem to move fast once they start. In the month since we got the AOR, we have already done biometric, medical and sponsor approval,
It has been quiet again now for 2 weeks however....

Reactions: Aniavi

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hey everyone from Team July.

What's the general consensus on when people start getting approved for EVERYTHING? I mean, have people who applied in July got approved for PR yet and actually made it here? I know everyone has a somewhat different timeline, but I know 3 people in my town (2 inland, 1 outland) who applied in early 2020 and have completely gone through the whole process. They kept saying after we got the medical request that "you should get an answer soon, ours was finalized about 2 months after medical". I'm really hoping my wife can get here for July, but maybe i'm just dreaming? It's been quiet since AOR2 in early February.

My local MP constituent rep keeps in contact with me as she is often checking in on my file. She was the one who initially found out and told me my wife doesn't need biometrics cuz she did one for TRV (I was aware of that too but haven't heard IRCC directly tell us yet). Early last week she called me and playfully told me "I know something you don't know..." about our file, which was that they will be contacting me about getting more "proof" about where I lived when i was in China, and that they had some questions about my wife's "hukou" (family registration booklet). She said this was in a note attached to our file, with a date of March 17th, which she thought was the date by which they'll reach out. But i still haven't heard a thing or got any emails regarding it yet. Seems odd.

Anyways I thought I'd share this, and see if anyone else has similar situations where their MP is trying to help out.

Sukiki

Jul 24, 2020
Hi all,

We got a little bit of a set back on our application. I am literally in tears due to the stress. We got a procedural fairness letter today from immigration stating that the applicants educational background does not match the residential information and thus it could be misrepresentation. That's when we realized we only filled in the education, employment and residential information for the past 10 years and not from 18 years old. It was an honest mistake that we read the instructions wrong on schedule A. What is missing in the gap is that my husband stayed in new Zealand for school and a bit of part time work. We are also missing the police certificate from new Zealand as well.

Immigration asked us to provide the information and supporting documents within 30 days. How should I provide the missing information? In point form sent via Web form or should we revise the entire schedule A?

The letter sounds very serious and a bit threatening to be honest. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,

We got a little bit of a set back on our application. I am literally in tears due to the stress. We got a procedural fairness letter today from immigration stating that the applicants educational background does not match the residential information and thus it could be misrepresentation. That's when we realized we only filled in the education, employment and residential information for the past 10 years and not from 18 years old. It was an honest mistake that we read the instructions wrong on schedule A. What is missing in the gap is that my husband stayed in new Zealand for school and a bit of part time work. We are also missing the police certificate from new Zealand as well.

Immigration asked us to provide the information and supporting documents within 30 days. How should I provide the missing information? In point form sent via Web form or should we revise the entire schedule A?

The letter sounds very serious and a bit threatening to be honest. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
It is serious. Provide the information as soon as possible (but do it carefully and accurately, quickly but not undue haste). In my view best to revise all relevant forms/schedules. If you feel helpful, a short note explaining the circumstances (eg mistake) and bullet points about what the applicant was doing in the period inadvertently not covered.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Yes, ours has gone to the London Visa Office as well. I can just about put up with the waiting, but I find it frustrating that applications are being processed so differently depending on the office and the month someone has applied.
But as you have said hopefully we will hear something positive soon :)
Hi. Fingers crossed. :)

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi all,

TIA
Hi Sukiki. With regards to the employment and residential information you were correct to provide information that covered the last 10 years. As to the education information you need to provide that from Elementary/Primary school level and not just from the age of 18. If you have a look at question 5 on your schedule A form it asks you to provide the number of years of school successfully completed starting with elementary right through to university. I personally was not educated in the country where I am now residing so in my humble opinion I don't think that that is the issue at hand. With regards to Police clearance you only need to provide clearance from countries where you spent more than 6 months in the last 10 years or from the age of 18 whichever is most recent. So if your husband is 30 he only needs to provide clearance from countries where he spent more than 6 months from the age of 20 as that is more recent than 18 years of age. Hopefully my 2 cents helps. :)

Reactions: Sukiki and armoured

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
July 23, 2020 applicant here. Still waiting for AOR. Where is the fairness and equality in processing applications by IRCC ? Jan and Feb 2021 applicants are receiving AOR while applicants like me are still waiting for AOR!
Feel for you - process is stressful enough without long silences....

Octopodes

Sep 1, 2014
Hi guys. Is anyone who has received BIL still waiting for MR? I got BIL on 01/02 and till today have still not received MR. Hopefully it will come soon. Just want to get it over and done with. The waiting is so agonising.
Same with me. It has been a month since biometrics without any MR

whkg

Feb 7, 2021
Hi all,

TIA

Sorry to hear :( Honest mistake and hopefully won't be too much to correct.

Reactions: Sukiki

Sweths

Jan 8, 2021
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
13th July 2020
AOR Received.
Dec 17th 2020
File Transfer...
NDVO
Med's Request
Jan 14th 2021
Med's Done....
Jan 18th 2021
PA status changed from In process to Application received!
I heard most of the NDVO applications are now getting processed in Beijing Visa Office. How do I get to know where my application is getting processed?

ampd

Jan 13, 2021
Hey friends,

Wondering if anyone can help us answer a couple of questions...

1. When you receive your Passport Request, will you need to mail in the actual passport or a photocopy? Our application was transferred to the Ottawa VO and my husband is in Italy so if they need the physical passport we'd have to mail it from there... I read somewhere in an older thread that visa-exempt countries only need to hand in a photocopy, not sure if this is true?

2. My husband and I are trying to figure out if we should wait until he has his official PR approval to return to Canada. We had a flight to return at the end of April, but now we're thinking it might be best to wait it out a bit longer since the timeline says we should receive a final decision by end of July (not a given of course). Also, travel restrictions are a little more difficult to navigate right now... Anyway, if you were in Canada as a tourist and you receive PR confirmation... Can you complete the landing process while you're already in the country (say, by going to the immigration center or something along those lines...) or are you required to exit and re-enter at the border? There was some news about a new online portal that would help expedite PR landings... I don't know the full details or if that's even implemented yet.

Sorry for the long read. Thanks y'all.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey friends,

1. When you receive your Passport Request, will you need to mail in the actual passport or a photocopy? Our application was transferred to the Ottawa VO and my husband is in Italy so if they need the physical passport we'd have to mail it from there... I read somewhere in an older thread that visa-exempt countries only need to hand in a photocopy, not sure if this is true?

2. My husband and I are trying to figure out if we should wait until he has his official PR approval to return to Canada. We had a flight to return at the end of April, but now we're thinking it might be best to wait it out a bit longer since the timeline says we should receive a final decision by end of July (not a given of course). Also, travel restrictions are a little more difficult to navigate right now... Anyway, if you were in Canada as a tourist and you receive PR confirmation... Can you complete the landing process while you're already in the country (say, by going to the immigration center or something along those lines...) or are you required to exit and re-enter at the border? There was some news about a new online portal that would help expedite PR landings... I don't know the full details or if that's even implemented yet.

If your husband is in Canada, he can submit passport directly and landing process will be virtual. Ignore the timeline, it's meaningless. Get him to come when it makes sense for you both.

If he's abroad when the passport request comes, he can submit locally through VFS, details vary à bit - but it's not because of the visa office being in Ottawa. I believe would be photocopy but don't know for certain.

Reactions: ampd

Lalu9150

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Hello Folks,
I am July 2020 applicant. My file was first transferred to Ottawa vo but last week it got transfer to NDVO.I got mail form CPC OTTAWA saying your file is transferred to NDVO for further Eligibility and admissibility check.
Any body here who got the samething? or any july applicant whose file got transferred to NDVO????
Timeline:
27 July 2020 - File received
3 November 2020 - Biometric req
9 November 2020 - Medical Req
16 November 2020 - File moved to Ottawa vo
1 December 2020 - Medical done and submitted
24 February 2021 - Medical passed
26 february 2021 - File moved to NDVO from Ottawa

Thank you

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hey friends,

Х

Procedures for.. canada.ca

Request for passport

Applicants from visa-exempt countries

The 'Passport Request' letter instructs the applicant on how to send a photocopy of the bio data page of their passport and, if applicable, the bio data page of the passports of their accompanying spouse and dependent children.

Reactions: ampd