+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

macord2k20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
today on Ecas it showed DM on sponsor side, no email yet, but we received BL for her, so Im guessing we will receive SA shortly as otherwise we wouldnt have received the BL ... problem is, we recently applied for TRV and did the biometrics for that, and 2 weeks ago we received an email that we will receive a refund for the biometrics fee, but now we received the BL nonetheless? not sure what to do now?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
today on Ecas it showed DM on sponsor side, no email yet, but we received BL for her, so Im guessing we will receive SA shortly as otherwise we wouldnt have received the BL ... problem is, we recently applied for TRV and did the biometrics for that, and 2 weeks ago we received an email that we will receive a refund for the biometrics fee, but now we received the BL nonetheless? not sure what to do now?
You can wait and see if it works itself out, you can try to contact them to correct the situation (but may take a while and/or get nonsensical form replies), or just go and try to do biometrics again. Up to you which is the least painful / least likely to cause delays.

For me, if biometrics were in the same city and not too difficult, I'd just do them again.

Gigi_27

Feb 5, 2021
Hi everyone!
Thank-you for your warm welcome and replies! I hope everyone's applications are progressing.
After nearly 8 long months, my husband just received the request for biometrics. Unfortunately all of the offices (visa application) seem to be closed due to Covid-19.
He is in Ireland so if anyone else has any input on any ways around this it would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys and hope all is well!

Reactions: vruank and whkg

whkg

Feb 7, 2021
Hi everyone!
Thank-you for your warm welcome and replies! I hope everyone's applications are progressing.
After nearly 8 long months, my husband just received the request for biometrics. Unfortunately all of the offices (visa application) seem to be closed due to Covid-19.
He is in Ireland so if anyone else has any input on any ways around this it would be much appreciated.

The BIL was the first thing we received too (after 7.5 months). Hopefully the you'll get medical and SA in the next 1-2 weeks like we did.

Reactions: vruank

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hi everyone!
He could take a ferry to England, I think, and do biometrics and medical in London. Biometric office only open Tuesdays and Thursdays at the moment. Visa Medicals open M-F. Medical lasts about 90 minutes, I'm told. Has he received medical request yet?

Ferries between ROI and England were running last I checked.

Reactions: vruank and Alexn

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
He could take a ferry to England, I think, and do biometrics and medical in London. Biometric office only open Tuesdays and Thursdays at the moment. Visa Medicals open M-F. Medical lasts about 90 minutes, I'm told. Has he received medical request yet?

Ferries between ROI and England were running last I checked.
Hi everyone!
Hi. LL suggested that he could do his biometrics in England. That I think would be his only option if the VACS in Ireland are shut I think that flying in to Stansted airport from Ireland would be more time effective as the ferry is still a distance out of London. (But please note that is just in my humble opinion.) If he is able to he can check on airlines such as Ryan Air and Are Lingus or maybe even British Airways. Hopefully he will be able to get to do them soon. Good luck.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi guys. Is anyone who has received BIL still waiting for MR? I got BIL on 01/02 and till today have still not received MR. Hopefully it will come soon. Just want to get it over and done with. The waiting is so agonising.

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Hi guys. Is anyone who has received BIL still waiting for MR? I got BIL on 01/02 and till today have still not received MR. Hopefully it will come soon. Just want to get it over and done with. The waiting is so agonising.
There was a delay in my Medical request (timeline in signature). It depends on the situation. As I started working in 2020 in Canada, I didn't have tax returns so they did extra check to make sure that i'm not on social assistance to be sure. (came to know about this via GCMS notes)
You might have similar or some other check based on your situation.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
There was a delay in my Medical request (timeline in signature). It depends on the situation. As I started working in 2020 in Canada, I didn't have tax returns so they did extra check to make sure that i'm not on social assistance to be sure. (came to know about this via GCMS notes)
You might have similar or some other check based on your situation.
Hi aceinthedeck. Thank you for your response. I thought all those checks for social assistance were done during the sponsor eligibility checks. Anyway I don't know if it is just the fact that my biometrics request came out of Nova Scotia prior to my file transfer and if the delay in MR is because my file has been transferred to LVO cause I have not received AOR2 either and SA and file transfer happened on 02/02. LVO is notoriously slow so that is probably why I have not yet received anything. Will keep checking my CIC account.

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Hi aceinthedeck. Thank you for your response. I thought all those checks for social assistance were done during the sponsor eligibility checks. Anyway I don't know if it is just the fact that my biometrics request came out of Nova Scotia prior to my file transfer and if the delay in MR is because my file has been transferred to LVO cause I have not received AOR2 either and SA and file transfer happened on 02/02. LVO is notoriously slow so that is probably why I have not yet received anything. Will keep checking my CIC account.
Yes you are right. I received SA late as well. If you have already received SA it's due to the London visa office being slow. We are applying from Ireland so I was afraid that it might go to London as well. But they didn't mention any visa office in SA letter so I don't know where it will go.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
I got BIL January 13 and still waiting for medical. I also got SA but no file transfer yet

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hi. LL suggested that he could do his biometrics in England. That I think would be his only option if the VACS in Ireland are shut I think that flying in to Stansted airport from Ireland would be more time effective as the ferry is still a distance out of London. (But please note that is just in my humble opinion.) If he is able to he can check on airlines such as Ryan Air and Are Lingus or maybe even British Airways. Hopefully he will be able to get to do them soon. Good luck.
Ha ha! I forgot there would even be flights. Haven't heard an aeroplane for such a long time....

Amrit9291

Sep 21, 2018
Hi everybody,
My husband got his BIL and medical request on 3-4 feb, and we got it done on 5 and 6 feb.
i dont have access to check status as we applied through consultants, but i usually check through using online tool, and it says date application received(13 July) and medical request sent and your medical has been received. Its like this since 20th feb.
Any idea how long it will take more?? Really tired of waiting

canadaoutlander

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
update on ecas:
  1. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 13, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on January 12, 2021.
  3. We sent you a letter on February 11, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I have the same steps. Did you receive a letter and what it is about? Please share

canadaoutlander

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Hi did you apply TRV while the PR is in process? Can I apply visitor once i get SA approval? Please suggest