+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

I just received an email for biometrics and was asked to pay the fee (just did). Now I have to wait for a "letter" to arrive in order to tell me to go get my biometrics done... Is this letter sent via mail or online? I live in Korea and worry that it may get lost in the mail. Does anyone know if it will be sent online if you live outside of Canada?

Thanks!!
You will get an email on the same email address you received the fee request.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,

I just received an email for biometrics and was asked to pay the fee (just did). Now I have to wait for a "letter" to arrive in order to tell me to go get my biometrics done... Is this letter sent via mail or online? I live in Korea and worry that it may get lost in the mail. Does anyone know if it will be sent online if you live outside of Canada?

Thanks!!
They send email or to GCKey if you already linked. They only send letters if you did not provide email.

whkg

Feb 7, 2021
Decision made :)

Wow that was fast!
The Whole IRCC process is so broken and messed up! Really frustrating that they have absolutely no control over the sequence in which files are processed! Our application was received on July 23, 2020 and at this point we only have temporary file number. No AOR. Every time I call IRCC, they say it is in prospective stage and waiting for an officer to pick up the file and start processing. How is it fare that people who applied at a later time have proceeded further with their application while applicants like us are still waiting for AOR? The IRCC help center is so useless that they can't provide much information that what you already know! I wonder the point of having customer service when they have no visibility on the application. Instead they could hire more people and use the resources to clear the backlog! The Minister of Immigration is such useless! The whole caption of IRCC "Reuniting Families is a Priority" is a blunt lie and a joke on applicant like us! It is such frustrating and the worst part is IRCC is such a department where you can reach them nor question them! Zero Accountability!

I don't disagree with you. My app was received July 2 and we only got AOR 2 weeks ago so hopefully you'll see something in the next week or two.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
The Whole IRCC process is so broken and messed up! Really frustrating that they have absolutely no control over the sequence in which files are processed! Our application was received on July 23, 2020 and at this point we only have temporary file number. No AOR. Every time I call IRCC, they say it is in prospective stage and waiting for an officer to pick up the file and start processing. How is it fare that people who applied at a later time have proceeded further with their application while applicants like us are still waiting for AOR? The IRCC help center is so useless that they can't provide much information that what you already know! I wonder the point of having customer service when they have no visibility on the application. Instead they could hire more people and use the resources to clear the backlog! The Minister of Immigration is such useless! The whole caption of IRCC "Reuniting Families is a Priority" is a blunt lie and a joke on applicant like us! It is such frustrating and the worst part is IRCC is such a department where you can reach them nor question them! Zero Accountability!
Gosh - that's really hard that you are still waiting!

Reactions: Aniavi

Guriwar

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Anyone who got SA approval without VO mentioned and got another mail about VO information for further processing
I got SA without VO name on 19th of Feb 2021. Still waiting for the letter with VO name mentioned. Did you hear anything after SA?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi. I did and all it says is 23/02/2021. Completed. Further down the page I have biometrics enrollment number. Date enrolled and expiry date. That is it. So how do you know if you have passed the biometrics? Or is that the confirmation that your biometrics passed? Just confused at the moment.
Biomet no. on profile means PASSED. A failed wont update and wont even let you go away while taking