+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Adina26

Aug 6, 2020
I just got my biometrics request (yay!) and I have a question. Can I give my biometrics at ANY Application Support Center or USCIS in any state (USA)? Or must I give them at the nearest location to my home? I am traveling to another state in less than a week and would really like to get it taken care of sooner than later.

Timeline:
Application received: July 6, 2020
AOR: Dec 17, 2020
Biometrics: Jan 4, 2021

Reactions: Guriwar and vruank

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I just got my biometrics request (yay!) and I have a question. Can I give my biometrics at ANY Application Support Center or USCIS in any state (USA)? Or must I give them at the nearest location to my home? I am traveling to another state in less than a week and would really like to get it taken care of sooner than later.

Timeline:
Application received: July 6, 2020
AOR: Dec 17, 2020
Biometrics: Jan 4, 2021
ANY VFS global even out of country will gladly accept you. I had my wife ready to go to out of country ; they took her for BIL. That data is immidiately uploaded to GCMS (Global Case MGMT System) and any IRCC office can access that.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
New Year, still no new. I was so hopeful to get something before the end of the year, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I just hope things just gain speed after AOR because if it keeps going like this, it will be almost impossible to get DM before the 12 months timeline.
This is my thought too. :eek:(

Reactions: Alexn

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
This is my thought too. :eek:(
Hi Alex, LotusLeodis. Just wanted to share some positive news with you guys. I have not yet received AOR but I went onto ECAS today and put in my details and to my surprise my application is being processed. My application was received 28th July. So maybe you guys can check that way as well and see if you have any luck. I was also able to link my application to my CIC account almost immediately which makes me think that the file number and UCI number have been on ECAS for a few days at least. Good luck guys. Hope you have the same pleasant surprise that I had.

prankysayu

Oct 18, 2017
Hi Alex, LotusLeodis. Just wanted to share some positive news with you guys. I have not yet received AOR but I went onto ECAS today and put in my details and to my surprise my application is being processed. My application was received 28th July. So maybe you guys can check that way as well and see if you have any luck. I was also able to link my application to my CIC account almost immediately which makes me think that the file number and UCI number have been on ECAS for a few days at least. Good luck guys. Hope you have the same pleasant surprise that I had.
Gr8 news.

Can I ask you what details did you provide exactly for the ECAS Online Tool? Because there are a lot of options and I have tried most of them, till yesterday, with no luck yet. So wanted to be sure I, the sponsor, am getting the details right in the ECAS tool.

Thanks.

Reactions: Aniavi

macord2k20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
what info you used ? Im using the online receipt number from the email i received after the payment ... is that the same as the imm 5401 receipt it says on ecas?

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hi, what is the exact identification type you used for the search? Did you have UCI from a previous application?

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Gr8 news.

Can I ask you what details did you provide exactly for the ECAS Online Tool? Because there are a lot of options and I have tried most of them, till yesterday, with no luck yet. So wanted to be sure I, the sponsor, am getting the details right in the ECAS tool.

Thanks.
Hi. I am the principal applicant and I used the receipt number from my payment (imm 5401) I also used my family name, date of birth and country of birth on the ECAS tool. Hope this helps.

Reactions: prankysayu

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi, what is the exact identification type you used for the search? Did you have UCI from a previous application?
Hi. No I did not have a UCI from a previous application. I used my receipt number from the online payment.(imm 5401) and my details as the PA my family name, date and place of birth. Hope this helps.

prankysayu

Oct 18, 2017
Hi. I am the principal applicant and I used the receipt number from my payment (imm 5401) I also used my family name, date of birth and country of birth on the ECAS tool. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the deets. Does your receipt number start with 'R' and then 9 numbers?

Well it would have helped if I got the same result as you got and that would have made me as well as my partner happy. But it isn't working yet.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Thank you for the deets. Does your receipt number start with 'R' and then 9 numbers?

Well it would have helped if I got the same result as you got and that would made me as well as my partner happy. But it isn't working yet.
Hi. Yes it started with an R followed by 9 digits. Don't give up hope just keep checking. I was checking at least once or twice a week and losing hope with every day that I got a message saying that they did not recognize my details but I kept checking. Good luck.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hmmm!!! Well seems about right kinda info I am trying with in the ECAS online tool but in vain. Damn!!!
Don't lose hope. Just keep checking. I was checking at least every week since they reopened the offices in Nova Scotia and today it finally paid off. Good luck.

prankysayu

Oct 18, 2017
Hi. Yes it started with an R followed by 9 digits. Don't give up hope just keep checking. I was checking at least once or twice a week and losing hope with every day that I got a message saying that they did not recognize my details but I kept checking. Good luck.
Ha ha well!!! For a fact I try once or twice "Daily". Barely having any hope left IYKWIM... But a wee little extra hope from your news because my application shares the timeline with yours so keeping all my fingers crossed :rolleyes: (if that's even possible)!!!