+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
this is the reply we got today for our webform inquiry

July 16th applicant. didnt get temp number

thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

Once your application is found to be complete and ready for review, the responsible office will send you an acknowledgement of receipt with your application number and instructions to link your application so that you can view the status and messages online. If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

Reactions: s_mishra

Sheenak_official

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Hi all
Did any one receive medical instructions letter on mail ? I was told by ircc that it is sent via mail and will reach anytime in 4 weeks ,I have not received it’s been almost 3 weeks. I’m confused why would they mail me when I mentioned my communication to be done via email ?

anyone facing same? , pls reply comment here.
P.S They sent mail before I linked my account online on GCkey account. Ecas says mail sent on 9 November.
Thanks!

Aug 23, 2020
Hi all
Did any one receive medical instructions letter on mail ? I was told by ircc that it is sent via mail and will reach anytime in 4 weeks ,I have not received it’s been almost 3 weeks. I’m confused why would they mail me when I mentioned my communication to be done via email ?

anyone facing same? , pls reply comment here.
P.S They sent mail before I linked my account online on GCkey account. Ecas says mail sent on 9 November.
Thanks!
I have seen somewhere that they can send medical letter by mail, email or via messages in the linked account. Majority of them go in the account and email and some goes by mail. Thats so weird though as if it is already not enough complicated process. ☹

Reactions: Sheenak_official

kpark

Nov 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application last July 12 2020 and they received it July 15 2020.

I still have zero updates received regarding my application. I’m very anxious already. Is this normal?

I also see people talking about accessing their file through a temporary file number, how do I get one?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application last July 12 2020 and they received it July 15 2020.

I still have zero updates received regarding my application. I’m very anxious already. Is this normal?

I also see people talking about accessing their file through a temporary file number, how do I get one?
You should try to find a way to relax, you have a long way to go yet. Many people who submitted prior to you still haven't heard anything yet either, during covid this seems to be normal. You can try to get a temp file number by calling IRCC but they won't see anything in their file until it starts being processed.

Reactions: Alexn

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
this is the reply we got today for our webform inquiry

July 16th applicant. didnt get temp number

thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

Once your application is found to be complete and ready for review, the responsible office will send you an acknowledgement of receipt with your application number and instructions to link your application so that you can view the status and messages online. If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.
April and May applicants are still waiting so don't worry if you need temp number you can call them

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hi all! somewhat new to the forum, just checking back in because the waiting process is exhausting (but that's not news to anyone here lol!)

Seems like from what I'm seeing on this thread, I'm not alone. I'm sponsoring my amazingly patient wife in China, sent out our application July 21st and it arrived the 24th. Have not heard a single thing! I've been in constant contact with a casework manager from my local MP's office and she has reached out to IRCC a couple times on my behalf and the last response dated Sep 29 was "at this time there is no sponsorship application for your constituent in our records. Please note that the responsible office is currently working on applications received on February 12, 2020, rest assured that your constituent's file will be updated accordingly in due course". Not very encouraging to say the least.

I just want a tiny email saying they got it, because the last 4 months I've been under the impression it got lost in the mail or something and never arrived. Needless to say it has not been easy for my wife either.

I didn't read all 29 of these pages (yet) but i plan to. Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice or words of encouragement lol.

So sick of this virus! bring on that dang vaccine!

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hi all! somewhat new to the forum, just checking back in because the waiting process is exhausting (but that's not news to anyone here lol!)

Seems like from what I'm seeing on this thread, I'm not alone. I'm sponsoring my amazingly patient wife in China, sent out our application July 21st and it arrived the 24th. Have not heard a single thing! I've been in constant contact with a casework manager from my local MP's office and she has reached out to IRCC a couple times on my behalf and the last response dated Sep 29 was "at this time there is no sponsorship application for your constituent in our records. Please note that the responsible office is currently working on applications received on February 12, 2020, rest assured that your constituent's file will be updated accordingly in due course". Not very encouraging to say the least.

I just want a tiny email saying they got it, because the last 4 months I've been under the impression it got lost in the mail or something and never arrived. Needless to say it has not been easy for my wife either.

I didn't read all 29 of these pages (yet) but i plan to. Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice or words of encouragement lol.

So sick of this virus! bring on that dang vaccine!
Also, i see everyone stating the date that their application was received. Is that just the date that it was shipped to Sydney? I sent it out with UPS July 21st, UPS said it would arrive July 24th. Is the 24th my date my application was received or am i missing something? Just paranoid because i have not heard anything.
Also i just read someone else saying they submitted additional info and that it was acknowledged by IRCC. I also sent more info (updated passport photocopy & notice of assessment) some time in August and also no response.
Trying not to get jealous of others results but it's tough.

prankysayu

Oct 18, 2017
Also, i see everyone stating the date that their application was received. Is that just the date that it was shipped to Sydney? I sent it out with UPS July 21st, UPS said it would arrive July 24th. Is the 24th my date my application was received or am i missing something? Just paranoid because i have not heard anything.
Also i just read someone else saying they submitted additional info and that it was acknowledged by IRCC. I also sent more info (updated passport photocopy & notice of assessment) some time in August and also no response.
Hey

Just to give you a heads up, there are applications until I suppose August 24th, 2020 (*Application received date) having received communications from IRCC. So there were some activity going on in the sponsorship arena until last week I would say.

Also "Application Received", as you understood right, it means that the application was delivered by the service provider or received at IRCC office as indicated by the service provider's communications to you. Although what IRCC later provides as Letter of Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) is when an IRCC officer has checked your application package (which is apparently scanned and uploaded into their system) and also confirmed the application's completeness.

If you are anxious about the status or whereabouts of your application, I would suggest to call IRCC hotline and reach an agent to request for a temporary application number with status updates if available.

I hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

jas324

Dec 1, 2020
Hi
I have a strange situation. I had received FXXX application number on November Friday 13 :eek:.
But i have never been able to Link my application. When i tried, the application got shown, but never linked. After that i waited for few days and try back and no luck.
The message i see is the application is already linked to my account. but there is nothing. I had raised technical issue query with cic and 2 weeks after i received utter BS this morning which were the standard help questions for why my application cannot be found or attached. No ticket number for the issue and from the help if that did work again use the FORM to report the issue.
Medical and biometrics are submitted.
Any one experience this issue, any suggestions?
I am applications sponsor and representative. There is no reason for the system not linking my application.

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hey

Just to give you a some heads up, there are applications until I suppose August 24th, 2020 (*Application received date) having received communications from IRCC. So there were some activity going on in the sponsorship arena until last week I would say.

Also "Application Received", as you understood right, it means that the application was delivered by the service provider or received at IRCC office as indicated by the service provider's communications to you. Although what IRCC later provides as Letter of Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) is when an IRCC officer has checked your application package (which is apparently scanned and uploaded into their system) and also confirmed the application's completeness.

If you are anxious about the status or whereabouts of your application, I would suggest to call IRCC hotline and reach an agent to request for a temporary application number with status updates if available.

I hope this is helpful.
Thanks so much for the info. Feels good to actually get a response from someone lol. This hotline you speak of, do you mean the 1-888-2422-100 that I saw mentioned earlier in the group? I'll try it today for sure.
Thanks!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Did you get confirmation from UPS that it was delivered? As per the other poster, yes that is app received date. How did you submit the other docs you mention, mail, email, web form? Those docs might or might not catch up with your app since your file hasn't started being processed yet. I suggest that once you receive AOR with your file number, to re-submit them if you don't get any confirmation of receipt.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Thanks so much for the info. Feels good to actually get a response from someone lol. This hotline you speak of, do you mean the 1-888-2422-100 that I saw mentioned earlier in the group? I'll try it today for sure.
Thanks!
If you are not in Canada, you can also send a webform and ask them if they received your application in Sydney. They take around 2 weeks for them to reply.
And yes, that's the number. Canada only, Monday to Friday.