+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
So we looked into this and turns out Use of Representative (IMM 5476) is correct, and the language clearly says a representative could be a friend, family member, immigration consultant or lawyer. The reason they asked us to do this was, spousal sponsorship application is always linked to the primary applicant, which isn't me. They need to validate all information through my spouse and no one else, unless my spouse gives me the authority to do so. When you go to IMM 5476 you'll see the option to select the relationship of the representative with the principal applicant, one of which is spouse.

So basically this is the correct form to fill.
Here's the link for IMM 5476 and the Web Form.

Our workaround to avoid this extra documentation is for my spouse (the principal applicant) to call them directly.
@prankysayu here's an earlier reply of ours on this thread that explains the meaning of representative as per ircc.

prankysayu

Oct 18, 2017
@prankysayu here's an earlier reply of ours on this thread that explains the meaning of representative as per ircc.
I understand your point of view, but I feel that the spousal sponsorship application is linked to both the sponsor as well as the primary applicant which is why if the sponsor inquires about the status the IRCC agent only verifies the sponsor's identity and status before providing any info about the entire application. Well in a sense that's my experience. Also the indicated type of relationship in the IMM5476 form as a spouse only takes effect when the spouse is not part of the sponsorship application I believe, although my idea is unverified claim. I don't want to confuse or construe any information provided but I feel instead of going ahead and filling out another form, which may be redundant, I would strongly suggest a quick call by the sponsor or PA whoever is in Canada to IRCC to see if one can acquire a Temp Number by providing the necessary verification info asked by the agent on-line. That's my two penny's advice ;):p

Reactions: vruank

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I understand your point of view, but I feel that the spousal sponsorship application is linked to both the sponsor as well as the primary applicant which is why if the sponsor inquires about the status the IRCC agent only verifies the sponsor's identity and status before providing any info about the entire application. Well in a sense that's my experience. Also the indicated type of relationship in the IMM5476 form as a spouse only takes effect when the spouse is not part of the sponsorship application I believe, although my idea is unverified claim. I don't want to confuse or construe any information provided but I feel instead going ahead and filling out another form, which may be redundant, I would strongly suggest a quick call by the sponsor or PA whoever is in Canada to IRCC to see if one can acquire a Temp Number by providing the necessary verification info asked by the agent on-line. That's my two penny's advice ;):p
I agree. Try your luck with IRCC first, forms can always be filled at anytime.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Agree with you it doesn't make any sense at all to tell the sponsor to fill out a representative from as he/she is part of the application but that's what I read to fill out that form that's why I was surprised that they didn't ask in your case
this IRCC we are talking about anything is possible

Wow that doesn't make sense to me because the application package clearly points that the sponsor and principal applicant are part of the same application that is submitted apart from that if there is a third person who needs to be appointed for IRCC communications then a representative form comes to play. But I can't comment on your experience and I am at a loss of words at this point.

Although I would suggest @The Robust to try calling IRCC and asking them for a temp number for the sponsorship application.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
That doesn’t make any sense, literally any sense, they might be a corruption inside the ircc; otherwise how can you explain this difference ? Some applied in April, but no response yet...but some applied in August and they are already in the next level, I mean the biometrics.

Nitishsuri

Jul 5, 2018
Hello,

New to the conversation. My spouse's file reached 22 July 2020 to Sydney office. I just got a temporary number. Tried linking it to gckey or ecas but it failed. Any idea on how it can be used? and also who will receive the AOR or other emails? Sponsor or the applicant?

Thanks.

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
Hello,

New to the conversation. My spouse's file reached 22 July 2020 to Sydney office. I just got a temporary number. Tried linking it to gckey or ecas but it failed. Any idea on how it can be used? and also who will receive the AOR or other emails? Sponsor or the applicant?

Thanks.
Usually you can link it to you GCkey or view in ECAS by the time they send you the AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) or sometimes after Biometrics request (now during this covid times). You can use your Temporary Number by removing X in the beginning to link the file, which will be your Application Number.

Nitishsuri

Jul 5, 2018
Usually you can link it to you GCkey or view in ECAS by the time they send you the AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) or sometimes after Biometrics request (now during this covid times). You can use your Temporary Number by removing X in the beginning to link the file, which will be your Application Number.

I tried... Didn't work :(

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
I tried... Didn't work :(
Give it some more time, we all get it soon friend. Also try different info's to link and verify to see if that helps!