+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

JaykumarM

Jun 13, 2020
Just out of curiosity, any July applicants got your temporary file numbers?
Not that of i know..My Application delivered to Application processing center on July 17, 2020. You can see in the below shared EXCEL spread sheet that March Applicants are just getting AOR1.

If you haven't filled out your details in this spread sheet. Please do so. This spread sheet have ton of live data:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=2079961909

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Spousal sponsorship application processing time is at it's worst because of COVID-19. But COVID is not a culprit only. There are many many people who are very frustrated right now as they are separated from their loved one for 15, 18 months now. People are raising their voice now as you can see through the link below:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/spousal-sponsorship-delays-1.5679675
***************************************************************************************************************************************

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I saw the following response from IRCC on their official Twitter handle to a similar situation as mine. “If you are outside Canada on a temporary basis due to Covid-19, but Canada is your principal country of residence, you could include a letter of explanation to clarify your situation. Decisions are made by highly trained migration officers who carefully and consistently assess each application equally. The officers take into consideration all circumstances presented to them by the applicant.” Seems encouraging and makes me hopeful. But yes, I should return ASAP.
Some have been able to get the temporary number by calling in to CPC - but long phone waits, etc. Not all have been successful in this, but I am guessing they are not giving these temp file numbers by webform inquiry.

I didn't notice how long ago you sent, it will take some time for them to enter even for temporary, but we have no idea how long that may be.

At any rate, better to get to Canada first and then inquire with all this.

Reactions: armoured

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I saw the following response from IRCC on their official Twitter handle to a similar situation as mine. “If you are outside Canada on a temporary basis due to Covid-19, but Canada is your principal country of residence, you could include a letter of explanation to clarify your situation. Decisions are made by highly trained migration officers who carefully and consistently assess each application equally. The officers take into consideration all circumstances presented to them by the applicant.” Seems encouraging and makes me hopeful. But yes, I should return ASAP.
From what I understand, you are not living in India, you are on "vacation", you residence is still in Canada, so it should be fine. I would come back to Canada as soon as possible.
I'm not sure about this, maybe someone with more information about this can give you more advice.

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

'You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada."

If you can prove you are living in Canada: residence, bill paying, tax paying, job etc., then I might argue you can sponsor still. I would try and return to Canada as soon as possible to remove any doubt, but that's just my interpretation and your mileage may vary.

Reactions: JessicaR

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Our application was received on July 10th. How long do you think it'll take to receive the AOR? I heard it can take up to 8 weeks. But do you think there will be an extra delay due to COVID-19?

Aug 23, 2020
Our application was received on July 10th. How long do you think it'll take to receive the AOR? I heard it can take up to 8 weeks. But do you think there will be an extra delay due to COVID-19?
i saw in the tracker that 2nd march 2020 applicant got AOR on 18th august. So i believe with the current flow it will definitely take more than 8 weeks. So hang in there it will be a long journey i’m afraid. We are sailing in the same boat.

Reactions: lovemydoggie

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
i saw in the tracker that 2nd march 2020 applicant got AOR on 18th august. So i believe with the current flow it will definitely take more than 8 weeks. So hang in there it will be a long journey i’m afraid. We are sailing in the same boat.
Thanks for the response. Yikes, we're going to have to be patient! Hopefully it shouldn't too long to get accepted after receiving the AOR.

Sahoby

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I'm just about to finish my application,
Do you guys think I should include a cover letter, if so, what should be included in it ?
thanks a lot .

Catherine1616

May 18, 2020
How would one go about doing that?
Hi there, you will need to call the call center/agent. Upon providing them your basic information, they will be able to check whether your application has been keyed in the system, and if so, they would be able to provide you a temp file number.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hi there, you will need to call the call center/agent. Upon providing them your basic information, they will be able to check whether your application has been keyed in the system, and if so, they would be able to provide you a temp file number.
I don’t think that is possible for me to do that, as I am not in Canada.

akyo121

Apr 5, 2017
Hi everyone, how are you guys getting connected to an agent. When I try, it always asks for an application number to be punched in . Is there a work around?