+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Hi guys!
Thank you so much for all of the helpful information! I hope everyone is doing well during these intense times!
I do have a question and hoping you guys can help me out.
I am currently living in Canada, my visa is expired and I have applied for a visitor record to extend my stay but have not heard anything back yet.
I just finished my application for PR but I do not know what box to tick on form 5533 part 5. Class of Application. I am looking to do outland sponsorship from within.
I dont know whether to check the box:
"I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class."
Or the box:
"I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada."
We currently have the second box ticked, but just popping in here first to see if anyone can offer any insight or confirmation.
Thank you so much again, any help or advice at all would be appreciated!
b
I think you should check the spousal box. I believe they process spousal differently than family. But I’m not an expert. Hopefully my reply will bump up your question so others can weigh in!

s_mishra

Dec 1, 2018
hello Everyone,
I submitted my application in June last week and have not heard anything yet. Does anyone will similar timeline has heard anything yet??

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
GOOD NEWS :)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html

News release
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—
Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
IRCC is leveraging new technology in a pilot to digitize paper applications so they can be processed more efficiently by IRCC employees working remotely and at various worksites. In addition to implementing facilitative biometrics measures, IRCC will be piloting, in the upcoming weeks, technology to conduct interviews with applicants remotely, in adherence with public health protocols.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020. Combined with processing to date, this rate will lead to about 49,000 decisions by the end of this year.
COVID-19 has created uncertainty for Canadians who are sponsoring spouses for permanent residence. We will continue to search for innovative and compassionate ways to reunite families, while following the advice of our public health experts to protect the health and safety of Canadians.

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Has anyone here been able to link their paper application to their online account? I guess this isn't possible unless you receive an AOR?

s_mishra

Dec 1, 2018
GOOD NEWS :)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html

News release
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—
Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
IRCC is leveraging new technology in a pilot to digitize paper applications so they can be processed more efficiently by IRCC employees working remotely and at various worksites. In addition to implementing facilitative biometrics measures, IRCC will be piloting, in the upcoming weeks, technology to conduct interviews with applicants remotely, in adherence with public health protocols.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020. Combined with processing to date, this rate will lead to about 49,000 decisions by the end of this year.
COVID-19 has created uncertainty for Canadians who are sponsoring spouses for permanent residence. We will continue to search for innovative and compassionate ways to reunite families, while following the advice of our public health experts to protect the health and safety of Canadians.
finally some good news for all the applicants who are waiting!!!

Reactions: rrss13