+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
You might find this thread helpful regarding GCKey regarding your second question:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-my-application-to-my-account.696093/#post-8748059

Regarding your first and third questions, I would love to know the answers as well. For the first question, I think AOR1 arrives by email - I think I read it in another thread, although don't quote me on it. I can't find anything regarding the third question, so my guess so far is AOR1 is the first formal step.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You might find this thread helpful regarding GCKey regarding your second question:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-my-application-to-my-account.696093/#post-8748059

Regarding your first and third questions, I would love to know the answers as well. For the first question, I think AOR1 arrives by email - I think I read it in another thread, although don't quote me on it. I can't find anything regarding the third question, so my guess so far is AOR1 is the first formal step.
AOR1 by email, that is the first formal notification.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hey folks, just mailed our Outland application for my common-law partner from Chile yesterday. Supposed to arrive next week.

**Can anyone clarify next steps?**

I understand that we're waiting for AOR1 , but how does that arrive? (Email?) Then we can link applications through GCKey, right? Do we receive any other notification before AOR? Thanks in advance!
I am wondering the same things myself. From poking around the threads, it seems that AOR1 is, indeed, the first formal step. Due to COVID, it seems that we may be in for a long wait. As to the GCKey, it seems that once it is in IRCC's system, it can be linked through the GCKey that a sponsor sets up. It also seems that AOR1 is received by email, from what I can see in threads, so if I understand rightly. I would also check junk / spam folders regardly, just is case, but that's me.

Hopefully, more learned people, maybe January outland applicants, will be able to enlighten us. Maybe post your question in their thread and we will find out more.

Good luck!

*Apologies for not figuring out how to merge replies into one.

Adina26

Aug 6, 2020
Our application was received via courier on July 06. I'm already getting antsy to hear something, but it seems like I need to chill out. I suppose I shouldn't expect to hear anything for a few more months....

Reactions: Alexn and KATHIA08

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi all. I submitted my application in July. It was received in NS on 28th July. Just been reading through and seen the timeframes for AOR1. Here's to a long agonising wait. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: prankysayu

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
We all are in same boat please keep on updating the sheet so that we all can know what is going on in these tough times

prankysayu

Oct 18, 2017
Heya

Just chiming in with my partner's application deets as I feel this is the post keeping track of the application timeline for July 2020 Outland Family Class Sponsorship. I am the sponsor and sent the application to CPC Sydney on July 27th and they received it on July 28th, 2020.

Hopefully the wheels have started moving at IRCC coz I see plenty of March 2020 Outland applications receiving their AORs and wishing they get to July apps by September may be.

Fingers Crossed.

All the best to all.

Rishi

Vicky Ng

Aug 16, 2020
Heya

Just chiming in with my partner's application deets as I feel this is the post keeping track of the application timeline for July 2020 Outland Family Class Sponsorship. I am the sponsor and sent the application to CPC Sydney on July 27th and they received it on July 28th, 2020.

Hopefully the wheels have started moving at IRCC coz I see plenty of March 2020 Outland applications receiving their AORs and wishing they get to July apps by September may be.

Fingers Crossed.

All the best to all.

Rishi

Reactions: prankysayu

bclarke

Aug 17, 2020
Hi guys!
Thank you so much for all of the helpful information! I hope everyone is doing well during these intense times!
I do have a question and hoping you guys can help me out.
I am currently living in Canada, my visa is expired and I have applied for a visitor record to extend my stay but have not heard anything back yet.
I just finished my application for PR but I do not know what box to tick on form 5533 part 5. Class of Application. I am looking to do outland sponsorship from within.
I dont know whether to check the box:
"I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class."
Or the box:
"I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada."
We currently have the second box ticked, but just popping in here first to see if anyone can offer any insight or confirmation.
Thank you so much again, any help or advice at all would be appreciated!
b

Last edited:

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hello, New to the forum. I am a Permanent Resident of Canada, came to India for wedding and got stranded due to COVID19. We got married and since we had all the documents ready for our Outland Spousal Application, we decided to courier the application to CPC Sydney, NS which was delivered on July 23, 2020. I wanted to check if mailing the spousal application while stuck in India would be an issue due to which it would be rejected? I continue to work remotely for my Canadian employer and continue to pay rent and taxes in Canada while I am stranded in India. Any information someone could provide would be helpful. I tried contacting IRCC but until they open the application packet and start processing, they can't seem to provide update not could let me know if they received my application since it is not in the system yet. Thanks.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hello, New to the forum. I am a Permanent Resident of Canada, came to India for wedding and got stranded due to COVID19. We got married and since we had all the documents ready for our Outland Spousal Application, we decided to courier the application to CPC Sydney, NS which was delivered on July 23, 2020. I wanted to check if mailing the spousal application while stuck in India would be an issue due to which it would be rejected? I continue to work remotely for my Canadian employer and continue to pay rent and taxes in Canada while I am stranded in India. Any information someone could provide would be helpful. I tried contacting IRCC but until they open the application packet and start processing, they can't seem to provide update not could let me know if they received my application since it is not in the system yet. Thanks.
I'm not sure what your question is. The application reached the Sydney mailroom on 23rd July 2020 and there will be delays in the whole process for family immigration. The first step is AOR1 which confirms a 'high level' check that everything needed for the basics of processing are there, before they might require more information.

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I'm not sure what your question is. The application reached the Sydney mailroom on 23rd July 2020 and there will be delays in the whole process for family immigration. The first step is AOR1 which confirms a 'high level' check that everything needed for the basics of processing are there, before they might require more information.
My question is, will my wife's spousal application be rejected if I mailed the application to CPC Sydney,NS from India while being stranded in India due to COVID19? I am a permanent resident and not a citizen. I believe a permanent resident has to be in Canada to sponsor spouse but given COVID, I am in India.