+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi! I recommend that you check the documentation which is required for your spousal application. When you look through this, you will see what they need from you to determine if your relationship is genuine. Two of the conditions is co-ownership of insurance policies and duration of co-habitation. If you don't have much proof of these you have to provide other proof. Looking through the application requirements is your best bet.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

You will also need to get some documents from the Philippines e.g. birth certificate and police certificates. Those documents will need to be translated to English. It will take time to prepare these, so it's important you start gathering this documentation.

It's up to you if you want to change your name. I didn't, because I didn't want to deal the headache of having to change my passport and all of my IDS during the pandemic. I am saving the name change after I am settled in Canada.

Good luck!
Hi :) thank you, that is really detailed so thanks! Much appreciated. Just a thought that if I use his surname it might help, so based on your experience I guess I can just delay it. Are you a Filipino as well? When did you pass your application? Is it okay to ask you for more details? Again, thanks! I really hope to hear from you again. I guess the last time I got replies here was when I was still applying for my Student Visa :).

Shehnaz1496

Feb 4, 2021
Hi,
I submitted my Spousal sponserhship with owp in July 2020. I got AOR on September 24th 2020. Since then, I am waiting on what will happen next?
Did you guys get any update on your files?

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi,
I submitted my Spousal sponserhship with owp in July 2020. I got AOR on September 24th 2020. Since then, I am waiting on what will happen next?
Hi :) I am just about to apply before midyear I guess. I am getting married this month. So I might ask for tips from you. Good luck I hope you hear from them soon.

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi,
You got AOR in September within 2 months of sending the package? Did you link your app?

rcharmed

Oct 24, 2015
Hi,
Hi, I submitted beginning of July 2020, received the AOR1 on September 25th 2020. No news since then. I was not able to link the account either. I am waiting for the OWP.

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi, I submitted beginning of July 2020, received the AOR1 on September 25th 2020. No news since then. I was not able to link the account either. I am waiting for the OWP.
I guess I am a little confused on the terms used. AOR, AOR2, and temp file number. I had the impression AOR means they had reviewed your document and deem it complete and can link app online. Or is this AOR2?

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
OK, I just got off the phone with IRCC, this time the lady told me that our application was actually deemed complete on Dec 6th. I am just confused why the other times I called they told me they have got no update since they received it in July. Anyways, I am going to take her word for now and think my app will not be returned. Huge relieve. Now more waiting. Still waiting to link app also.

Reactions: RizaBree

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
OK, I just got off the phone with IRCC, this time the lady told me that our application was actually deemed complete on Dec 6th. I am just confused why the other times I called they told me they have got no update since they received it in July. Anyways, I am going to take her word for now and think my app will not be returned. Huge relieve. Now more waiting. Still waiting to link app also.
that’s so crazy
Congrats
I don’t know if I should call them again
When was your app received ???

Indyneet2020

Feb 9, 2021
I applied on 21 july . I was told i was deemed complete on 7th dec .
Before i called and no one gave me that info now they are giving this info

rcharmed

Oct 24, 2015
That's good news. So it means that people that have applied beginning of July (like me) will not get their application returned.

I have a question, my husband had to renew his passport, I sent the new passport through IRCC Web form. Is there is something else that I need to do?

Thanks,

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
That's good news. So it means that people that have applied beginning of July (like me) will not get their application returned.

I have a question, my husband had to renew his passport, I sent the new passport through IRCC Web form. Is there is something else that I need to do?

Thanks,
I don't think so. They will request for other things if needed late. You could call them but pretty sure they will say as long as you submitted a webform you are fine. Just sit tight and wait.