+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hey guys, I can confirm from the August Inland 2020's WhatsApp chat that they've started looking at August applications. A mid-august applicant called the IRCC today to check on the status of their application. They were told that it was returned to them by mail. They were also able to confirm the exact date that the application was sent from the IRCC's office (a few days ago).

If you want to check/confirm the status of your application, call them and use the navigate the phone line menu through "check application status" > "PR application". Select option "F" and follow the instructions. After it gives you your application info (e.g. when the application was received by IRCC), you can get the option to press 0 to speak with an agent.
I tried calling 3 times and got to the part request for agent, and it says they are too busy and can't even transfer to agent. The only info they gave automatically was the date they received the app. Anyone else tried and actually reach an agent?

• Sad
Reactions: dillym

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I finally got through to an agent after 6 or 7 tries, but he said the app is still in process and still needs to be checked, he can't tell me anything other then the temp app # that was given last September. I am confused why there is a such a discrepancy between people when August applicant already had there apps checked and some July and June still has nothing, so frustrating.

• Wow

lucky678

Jan 15, 2021
In other threads, Some people from July 2020 Inland application to Mississauga are getting their application returned simply because of a missing “postal code” I hope you guys are not affected here? I think anyone from July 2020, who gets application returned from IRCC, you guys should demand answers why IRCC waited six months and then returned your papers unfairly, amidst this COVID situation, why can’t they return it when they were sending out your AOR1? majority of these applicants are now out of status and won’t benefit from implied status, because of those returned applications, it’s just garbage, lots of people are frustrated and complaining in other threads. I feel for you guys! Goodluck everyone. Just keep moving forward, and never give up

Last edited:

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
In other threads, Some people from July 2020 Inland application to Mississauga are getting their application returned simply because of a missing “postal code” I hope you guys are not affected here? I think anyone from July 2020, who gets application returned from IRCC, you guys should demand answers why IRCC waited six months and then returned your papers unfairly, amidst this COVID situation, why can’t they return it when they were sending out your AOR1? majority of these applicants are now out of status and won’t benefit from implied status, because of those returned applications, it’s just garbage, lots of people are frustrated and complaining in other threads. I feel for you guys! Goodluck everyone. Just keep moving forward, and never give up
Hi, which thread?? I hope we're out of the woods. I think they're checking August now..

Newf

Sep 1, 2020
Unfortunately, the Immigration Minister does not seem to care. Lawyers have been regularly in contact with him about this issue. In Q&A sessions from November he has stated that applications are not being returned even though it is clear as day that they are. In December, the Canadian Bar Association sent a letter to his office stating that applications are regularly being returned for minor reasons and that the impact of these returns are ruining peoples lives. Despite this, applications still continue to be returned for minor reasons as of January.

Hi, which thread?? I hope we're out of the woods. I think they're checking August now..
July people are partially out of the woods by the looks of it. We can see from the spreadsheet that people from late July were having their applications returned around Christmas. This would suggest that by now the vast majority of July applications have been checked for completeness. That being said, there are always outliers. If I remember correctly, a July applicant made a thread a few days ago saying that they had their application returned recently.

I suspect how it works is that officers are assigned files and then they work through them at their own pace based on their experience and work load. This would explain why we can see general trends as to what is going on, but still see quite a few outliers. E.g. we can see that generally speaking people from mid-May are receiving AORs, but we still can see that there are outliers from April still waiting and outliers from June who have already received it.

• Sad

lucky678

Jan 15, 2021
Unfortunately, the Immigration Minister does not seem to care. Lawyers have been regularly in contact with him about this issue. In Q&A sessions from November he has stated that applications are not being returned even though it is clear as day that they are. In December, the Canadian Bar Association sent a letter to his office stating that applications are regularly being returned for minor reasons and that the impact of these returns are ruining peoples lives. Despite this, applications still continue to be returned for minor reasons as of January.

July people are partially out of the woods by the looks of it. We can see from the spreadsheet that people from late July were having their applications returned around Christmas. This would suggest that by now the vast majority of July applications have been checked for completeness. That being said, there are always outliers. If I remember correctly, a July applicant made a thread a few days ago saying that they had their application returned recently.

I suspect how it works is that officers are assigned files and then they work through them at their own pace based on their experience and work load. This would explain why we can see general trends as to what is going on, but still see quite a few outliers. E.g. we can see that generally speaking people from mid-May are receiving AORs, but we still can see that there are outliers from April still waiting and outliers from June who have already received it.
There’s absolutely no accountability within IRCC. When it’s obvious that they make mistakes, it’s as if they think they are just gods, and can play with people’s life’s anyway anyhow they want. I’m begining to question the caliber of officers that they employ to judge these applicants, some of them appear to have a vendetta on anyone they just don’t like, or they get irritated very easily. Only few of these officials are man enough to apologize occasionally.

rcharmed

Oct 24, 2015
Hello, no luck while trying to link OWP into my account. I hope by next week we start receiving OWP approval. Fingers crossed!

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Has anyone actually linked their app from July? Do they not update the files right after they finish checking? When I called them they said there was no updated note after they received the files in July. That is the last note that was written on the file. Anyone from july called and actually have some update? Maybe my file was assigned to a very slow officer.

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi I wish everybody well. Happy New Year too. The thread has been very helpful, thank you for your updates. I hope you can shed a little information on my situation. Some of my questions might be too common but then Id still appreciate your advice since you have applied ahead :) I am getting married to my Canadian Citizen husband this February 2021. I have been here since 2017, came as a Student, finished school 2019, then got my PGWP which will expire Dec 2022.
Questions:
* What do I need to get from the Consulate here in Vancouver before we apply for Inland Sponsorship? I have been asking the Office of the Consulate through email but they always seem to give unrelated replies.
* Is it also advisable to change my last name first in my BC Id, SIN, bank account, and Philippine Passport before we apply?
* Is it okay that we only have lived together for 2 months but have been in a relationship for 2 years?
Thank you in advance for your replies :))

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi I wish everybody well. Happy New Year too. The thread has been very helpful, thank you for your updates. I hope you can shed a little information on my situation. Some of my questions might be too common but then Id still appreciate your advice since you have applied ahead :) I am getting married to my Canadian Citizen husband this February 2021. I have been here since 2017, came as a Student, finished school 2019, then got my PGWP which will expire Dec 2022.
Questions:
* What do I need to get from the Consulate here in Vancouver before we apply for Inland Sponsorship? I have been asking the Office of the Consulate through email but they always seem to give unrelated replies.
* Is it also advisable to change my last name first in my BC Id, SIN, bank account, and Philippine Passport before we apply?
* Is it okay that we only have lived together for 2 months but have been in a relationship for 2 years?
Thank you in advance for your replies :))
Hi! I recommend that you check the documentation which is required for your spousal application. When you look through this, you will see what they need from you to determine if your relationship is genuine. Two of the conditions is co-ownership of insurance policies and duration of co-habitation. If you don't have much proof of these you have to provide other proof. Looking through the application requirements is your best bet.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

You will also need to get some documents from the Philippines e.g. birth certificate and police certificates. Those documents will need to be translated to English. It will take time to prepare these, so it's important you start gathering this documentation.

It's up to you if you want to change your name. I didn't, because I didn't want to deal the headache of having to change my passport and all of my IDS during the pandemic. I am saving the name change after I am settled in Canada.

Good luck!