+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

marie_lalala

Nov 14, 2018
Hi guys. So my work permit (closed,lmia ) is expiring in July 2021. With the delays, I wonder if my owp will be processed. If not, am I on implied status?

MaryGO

Jun 4, 2020
I received my Biometrics Fee reminder today, but I paid upfront, so no worries there. :)
I'm now wondering if I could use this letter to "re-activate" my provincial health coverage and my social insurance number (I'm under implied status as when I applied I was on a work visa and I also applied for an OWP along with my sponsorship application).
Anyone happen to have any info on this?
TIA!

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I received my Biometrics Fee reminder today, but I paid upfront, so no worries there. :)
I'm now wondering if I could use this letter to "re-activate" my provincial health coverage and my social insurance number (I'm under implied status as when I applied I was on a work visa and I also applied for an OWP along with my sponsorship application).
Anyone happen to have any info on this?
TIA!
No you cannot. You only qualify for provincial health coverage and a sin at the AIP stage of processing.

MaryGO

Jun 4, 2020
No you cannot. You only qualify for provincial health coverage and a sin at the AIP stage of processing.
Not exactly true. I spoke to Service Canada and my provincial health plan and both told me all I need is the AOR since I am under IMPLIED STATUS as I've previously mentioned.

Since I now have an application number from the biometrics fee reminder letter (which in my point of view confirms they have physically opened my package and started processing my application) I thought it may work as a replacement for the AOR - I read on this forum that IRCC is skipping the AOR step and just sending the biometrics fee reminder first.

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Not exactly true. I spoke to Service Canada and my provincial health plan and both told me all I need is the AOR since I am under IMPLIED STATUS as I've previously mentioned.

Since I now have an application number from the biometrics fee reminder letter (which in my point of view confirms they have physically opened my package and started processing my application) I thought it may work as a replacement for the AOR - I read on this forum that IRCC is skipping the AOR step and just sending the biometrics fee reminder first.
were u able to apply for heath card ?

MaryGO

Jun 4, 2020
were u able to apply for heath card ?
I've been in Canada as a student and then as a worker for a few years now, so yes, I have a health card. My coverage will expire by the end of the month, though, which is when my current work visa expires. So I wonder if the biometrics fee reminder letter I received would be enough proof of my implied status to reactive my coverage after September 30th...

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I have a question if anyone know. Can I put my spouse into my Tax credit return forms? Or is that after they have PR? Also do my spouse have to file for taxes during this sponsor process?

znxy123

May 18, 2020
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
Hey guys, my sponsor just recieved this email which I believe to be AOR.

From: CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC <CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC@cic.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 at 16:38
Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland AOR XF000********

(Following was in the attached PDF)

Good day [Sponsor], Your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020-07-13, on behalf of [me] and family (if applicable). We have received your application, and will advise whether your application is complete or is missing required documents.

It is in queue for processing and we will contact you should we require more information from you. The application number quoted above is temporary. Once we have completed the review of your application and it has been deemed complete, we will inform you of your permanent application number.

In the meantime, you can quote the temporary application number or UCI when communicating with us.

CMcFarlane04

Feb 15, 2017
My sponsor just received the same thing. Is it normal for the sponsor to receive it? The phrasing makes it seem like they think that she's immigrating, haha.

Reactions: znxy123

SGK000

Sep 25, 2020
I got the exact email as well, the email says it is a temporary application number.
Does anyone know if i can link to the online account with this number?

Reactions: znxy123

znxy123

May 18, 2020
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
My sponsor just received the same thing. Is it normal for the sponsor to receive it? The phrasing makes it seem like they think that she's immigrating, haha.
I just received the same email as well, I’m sponsoring my wife. Hoping this is good news.
I got the exact email as well, the email says it is a temporary application number.
Does anyone know if i can link to the online account with this number?

Pleased you all received that too, hopefully it is a step in the right direction! Not sure if you can use it to link to the online account. Hope you're all keeping well. What have you been doing to keep occupied while you can't work? I'm starting to struggle a bit for things to do...

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
file received : July 31st 2020
Biometric Fee reminder : September 11 2020
Inland AOR with prospective application number : September 28 2020
Biometric given in 2019, hopefully it all works out faster.