+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Haven't seen a July one! Figured I'd start one for the July crew.

Sponsoring my wife for PR + Owp, she's currently on her PGWP which expires on August so she's in currently status and hopefully benefits from implied status after her PGWP expires.

Sent : July 4 via FedEx ground. Paid about $20 for courier services including signatures

Received: July 7 by CPC Mississauga at 2 Robert Speckway. Signature provided by: RRECEPTION

I'd recommend paying for the signature option from FedEx.

Let the waiting games begin! Good luck to everyone

Reactions: AMAN7711 and Iby

kalyan1990

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post on.
But i'm about to submit my spousal sponsorship application PR + OWP. I have gathered all the documents but not sure as to whether it is mandatory to do it by paper or is there a way we can do both the applications online ?. Also, if i'm doing it by paper, i assume we send all documents in the checklist by courier/post to Mississauga office. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Hopefully should be able to submit application in next few days and join July club :D

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post on.
But i'm about to submit my spousal sponsorship application PR + OWP. I have gathered all the documents but not sure as to whether it is mandatory to do it by paper or is there a way we can do both the applications online ?. Also, if i'm doing it by paper, i assume we send all documents in the checklist by courier/post to Mississauga office. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Hopefully should be able to submit application in next few days and join July club :D
Unfortunately the only option to submit the spousal sponsorship & PR applications are in paper format.

I *think* you may be able to submit the spousal OWP app. online IF you don't send a paper OWP app. in at the same time as the other 2 applications. I submitted all mine altogether (paper), but have just seen people mention the online option when their spouse/ PA didn't apply for an OWP with their PR apps, and then decided that they wanted to.

And yes, if you are applying inland, the Mississauga office is the place to send everything. I went through Canada Post and paid to have it tracked. Not sure if a courier or more expensive delivery service is worth it. But you should do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. Good luck!

Reactions: JpnCdnrelationship

pvajjhala

Sep 6, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Hi, I am sponsoring my spouse as an inland application and we sent the sponsorship application along with open work permit application which was received on July 3, 2020. My spouse is here on a visitor visa and her status will expire in August (she came to Canada at the end of February 2020). Since we have included OWP as part of the application, does she still need to apply for an extension to her visitor visa? I've read on the forums that the OWP application in this package will grant her implied status even if her visitor status expires. Processing times have been affected because of the COVID situation and I'm not sure if we'll get any sort of confirmation before next month, so I do not want to put her immigration status at risk.

On another note, if she has a job offer in Canada currently, is there a way to expedite the OWP application so she can start working? Or is there any alternative for her to be able to work while these applications are being processed?

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi, I am sponsoring my spouse as an inland application and we sent the sponsorship application along with open work permit application which was received on July 3, 2020. My spouse is here on a visitor visa and her status will expire in August (she came to Canada at the end of February 2020). Since we have included OWP as part of the application, does she still need to apply for an extension to her visitor visa? I've read on the forums that the OWP application in this package will grant her implied status even if her visitor status expires. Processing times have been affected because of the COVID situation and I'm not sure if we'll get any sort of confirmation before next month, so I do not want to put her immigration status at risk.

On another note, if she has a job offer in Canada currently, is there a way to expedite the OWP application so she can start working? Or is there any alternative for her to be able to work while these applications are being processed?
Hi, once her status expires as long as you've submitted your owp application during from when she's in status you'd technically be under implied status upon her expiry until a decision is made of her owp. People suggest to apply for a visitor visa as if her owp gets returned for whatever reason for when she's out of status, then technically shed have to apply for restoration of status too i believe.

It's a risk for sure. For your second question, I'm not sure sorry. I don't think there is a way to expedite but someone else can maybe chime in

pvajjhala

Sep 6, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Hi, once her status expires as long as you've submitted your owp application during from when she's in status you'd technically be under implied status upon her expiry until a decision is made of her owp. People suggest to apply for a visitor visa as if her owp gets returned for whatever reason for when she's out of status, then technically shed have to apply for restoration of status too i believe.

It's a risk for sure. For your second question, I'm not sure sorry. I don't think there is a way to expedite but someone else can maybe chime in
thanks for the response, sounds like it may be a good idea to just apply for the visitor record to be safe!

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hola, ¿Alguien ha solicitado una visa de turista TRV después de solicitar el patrocinio familiar y fue aceptado para la visa TRV después de COVI-19 ?????

znxy123

May 18, 2020
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Unfortunately the only option to submit the spousal sponsorship & PR applications are in paper format.

I *think* you may be able to submit the spousal OWP app. online IF you don't send a paper OWP app. in at the same time as the other 2 applications. I submitted all mine altogether (paper), but have just seen people mention the online option when their spouse/ PA didn't apply for an OWP with their PR apps, and then decided that they wanted to.

And yes, if you are applying inland, the Mississauga office is the place to send everything. I went through Canada Post and paid to have it tracked. Not sure if a courier or more expensive delivery service is worth it. But you should do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. Good luck!
You can only submit OWP online if you have received approval in principle (AIP) for the PR. If one has not sent the OWP together with the PR application and they have not received AIP then they can send it to CPC Edmonton but it has to be paper as well

Reactions: PrincessButtercup