July 2020 - Citizenship application

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hit the 25 month mark last week. Called them and was told that I should call back when 26 months are up. In the meantime, just wait for the oath invite. They said there is nothing wrong with my file and I'm in the queue. Just need to wait..

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hit the 25 month mark last week. Called them and was told that I should call back when 26 months are up. In the meantime, just wait for the oath invite. They said there is nothing wrong with my file and I'm in the queue. Just need to wait..
I'll let you know how accurate they are about not worrying when it passes towards 27-28 months

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
My experience with MP :
Two months ago I call my MP . A nice voice answered, a caseworker of MP’s office
I explained my problem, 25 months already waiting for a decision. Still nothing what’s going on with my citizenship application. She send me a form to fill, and promised to contact IRCC as soon as possible.
May be she gone for vacation because no answer till now
What is the real importance of MP in our case, to speed up our process with IRCC?
What kind of experience do u have with your MP ? Or is only wasting time?
please answer

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My experience with MP :
Two months ago I call my MP . A nice voice answered, a caseworker of MP’s office
I explained my problem, 25 months already waiting for a decision. Still nothing what’s going on with my citizenship application. She send me a form to fill, and promised to contact IRCC as soon as possible.
May be she gone for vacation because no answer till now
What is the real importance of MP in our case, to speed up our process with IRCC?
What kind of experience do u have with your MP ? Or is only wasting time?
please answer
Exactly the same situation. Filled out the form that MP's office sent, that was like a month ago. And nothing since..no answer, nothing. So, most likely waste of time

Reactions: Toronto1971

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Today received an email from IRCC :
“ Invitation to an interview with a citizenship official and verification of identity/documents “ ( in person to Scarborough office).
* 2 pieces of photo identification( ID ) with your signature on it
* All your original documents that support your citizenship application
* PR card ( if you have ever received one)
* All passports and travel documents

Somebody received an email like that?
Do I need to worry?
What kind of interview is that?
Thanks

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Today received an email from IRCC :
“ Invitation to an interview with a citizenship official and verification of identity/documents “ ( in person to Scarborough office).
* 2 pieces of photo identification( ID ) with your signature on it
* All your original documents that support your citizenship application
* PR card ( if you have ever received one)
* All passports and travel documents

Somebody received an email like that?
Do I need to worry?
What kind of interview is that?
Thanks
People get called often and it's not abnormal. Basically they ask you some simple questions and it's not to try and trick you. It's usually they need to verify something regarding your travel etc. If you search the forums you'll find some more info and I know a few people in this thread have been called as well.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
People get called often and it's not abnormal. Basically they ask you some simple questions and it's not to try and trick you. It's usually they need to verify something regarding your travel etc. If you search the forums you'll find some more info and I know a few people in this thread have been called as well.
Thanks!
I was so worried, because I just renewed my PR card few days ago. My residency obligations are ok, in 5 years only 290 days out of Canada. So, where is the point?
My mind was going crazy thinking that interview is not a good thing

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Exactly the same situation. Filled out the form that MP's office sent, that was like a month ago. And nothing since..no answer, nothing. So, most likely waste of time
I have written to 2 MPs and 2 members of the committee on immigration in the parliament. I asked my caseworker what their process is and got that - they just do what the agents on the call line do - get a status update on the online portal / from the central office in Sydney, NS who have access to all files. They have no authority to push the case or have it processed. The IRCC ministers and employees have no overarching regulator to answer to that has any authority over them so they are not really a regulated public body like say the ministry of agriculture or oil and gas - so there is minimum oversight on how things are done.

Knowing a little bit on how government offices work having worked at one first hand, the most likely cause of delay is someone just "forgot" to look at it. I have seen firsthand that in many cases mistakes made are not the result of inefficiency or lack of resources as IRCC continues to claim but just simply because someone along the process 'forgets' about something. End of the day we are all just case numbers in a system - and the 1% error margin is applicable to us too. So hang tight, hire a lawyer and submit a mandamus if your timelines are above 24 months and spend a little more money cause you can't catch a break. Cheers!

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
I have written to 2 MPs and 2 members of the committee on immigration in the parliament. I asked my caseworker what their process is and got that - they just do what the agents on the call line do - get a status update on the online portal / from the central office in Sydney, NS who have access to all files. They have no authority to push the case or have it processed. The IRCC ministers and employees have no overarching regulator to answer to that has any authority over them so they are not really a regulated public body like say the ministry of agriculture or oil and gas - so there is minimum oversight on how things are done.

Knowing a little bit on how government offices work having worked at one first hand, the most likely cause of delay is someone just "forgot" to look at it. I have seen firsthand that in many cases mistakes made are not the result of inefficiency or lack of resources as IRCC continues to claim but just simply because someone along the process 'forgets' about something. End of the day we are all just case numbers in a system - and the 1% error margin is applicable to us too. So hang tight, hire a lawyer and submit a mandamus if your timelines are above 24 months and spend a little more money cause you can't catch a break. Cheers!
Next week I have an interview with IRCC, today received the email from them. What do you think? Is a good sign or to worry?
I listened that a lot of applicants received ceremony without interview before.
Some advices please

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Next week I have an interview with IRCC, today received the email from them. What do you think? Is a good sign or to worry?
Some advices please
2 years for a goddamn interview? Ridiculous.
They just wanna check all of your IDs and assess your language skills. Just chill.

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Some advices please
I don't think you need to be worried. Many reasons that they interview applicants - my brother and SIL got interviewed too and it was pretty straight forward. At times it is just randomization - like getting selected at the airport for a COVID test these days. If you get a ceremony request it will say so on the tracker. But still prepare for the interview based on their communication.
This is a good sign (albeit a late one) that things are moving. All the best.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Nothing to worry?
Expecting for 2 long years, can see only negatives around.
please tell me the truth
Nothing to worry about. Just IDs check and language assessment. Nothing more.
Interview signals your file is moving ahead.