+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Joshk1987

Jul 29, 2020
We can extend work permit when work permit expiring in 3 months. Wait till March. Your AOR is July 2020, I hope you will get PR before March.
Yes I agree with Toorkaur...BOWP processing is not taking much time. you can apply for it in April. Hopefully by that time we all get our PR.

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
My brother's BOWP was approved today, here is the timeline

Submitted: September 11, 2020
Approved: January 29, 2021
Permit Expiring Date: January 28, 2022

scalvox

Jan 31, 2021
hey guys, I'm new here.

I applied on July 7th and my process bar started counting. Estimated decision date being January 7th.
I have a super straightforward application. Canadian education, Canadian work experience, relatively young and background is all good with living in Canada for over 8 years at this point. I applied with a consultant. I am on PGWP right now which is valid till end of 2022.

I am going to need to go back home for some family matters in April and I am pretty worried that a decision won't be made by then. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
hey guys, I'm new here.

I applied on July 7th and my process bar started counting. Estimated decision date being January 7th.
I have a super straightforward application. Canadian education, Canadian work experience, relatively young and background is all good with living in Canada for over 8 years at this point. I applied with a consultant. I am on PGWP right now which is valid till end of 2022.

I am going to need to go back home for some family matters in April and I am pretty worried that a decision won't be made by then. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Your application sounds pretty straightforward. Perhaps you'll get a decision this upcoming week. Good luck! Are you sure that you't can travel to your home country and return to Canada on your PGWP?

scalvox

Jan 31, 2021
Your application sounds pretty straightforward. Perhaps you'll get a decision this upcoming week. Good luck! Are you sure that you't can travel to your home country and return to Canada on your PGWP?
I hope so! Having no ghost updates kinda worries me.

Yes I did check the travel restrictions and I am pretty sure I can't travel back. Also, I would have to stay abroad about 3-4 months. So, I am not sure how all the restrictions would change by then. It would be really nice to get approved on my application so I can travel without worrying so much.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
It looks like IRCC has made another step for COPR after approval or final decision

My application got approved on 27 Jan but no COPR yet, AOR July 7, anybody has idea how long it will take?
My AOR is July 8, 2020,good to see someone with an AOR close to mine get approved.

Reactions: SSC27

assen89

Jun 30, 2017

Yes I did check the travel restrictions and I am pretty sure I can't travel back. Also, I would have to stay abroad about 3-4 months. So, I am not sure how all the restrictions would change by then. It would be really nice to get approved on my application so I can travel without worrying so much.
Your COPR to land is valid for a couple of months and expires, so you also have to watch out for that.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
hey guys, I'm new here.

I would prefer to cancel all travels for now until PR is received. my application is also straight forward like yours but no idea when we expect to get PR

Reactions: dgeorge

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019

I haven't had any ghost updates either.