+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

scalvox

Jan 31, 2021
Straight forward here too single applicant Canadian degree and work no travel since 2017 - how much more easy can it get
literally man, I have the same the simplest application ever but its taking decades for them to check. I have friends with foreign education and foreign work experience receive their PR in a shorter time than me.

Reactions: dgeorge

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
literally man, I have the same the simplest application ever but its taking decades for them to check. I have friends with foreign education and foreign work experience receive their PR in a shorter time than me.
Same here! I have been in this country for 8 years!!!!!! Did a bachelors and masters degree from Canada! On top of that worked like a dog for more than one year work permit requirement experience and did not take a break for at least 6 years and still my application is in progress this is so annoying..... I feel cheated and seems like the wait game never ends

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Same here! I have been in this country for 8 years!!!!!! Did a bachelors and masters degree from Canada! On top of that worked like a dog for more than one year work permit requirement experience and did not take a break for at least 6 years and still my application is in progress this is so annoying..... I feel cheated and seems like the wait game never ends
I agree dude...same here :( when is your aor?

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I agree dude...same here :( when is your aor?
My AOR is July 18th. I called them cic only twice in regard with my application and both times they said what I saw online it’s exactly the same.... so far nothing is progressing online for me..... eligibility criminality and background check are all saying nothing so far! Honestly this absolutely pathetic on immigration Canada end! After investing so much money and paying taxes in this country! This how they treat inland applicants

Spidergirl

Feb 1, 2021
I am in Canada 12 years! No complaint here, they are now asking for my CV and also sort of a career plan, guess either I am overqualified or they think I am a spy :D

Reactions: dgeorge and assen89

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi all,

My AOR is July 4, 2020

Got a ghost update last Friday like a few others.
And today I received ADR for 1. Schedule A, 2. My CV, and 3. Supplementary info request for students (list of supervisor, publications, etc.)
Does this mean I am in Security Screening and will take forever?
I've been in Canada in the past 12 years and finished undergrad ->PhD, now have been working the same job for the past 1.8 years.

Anyone has been asked for the same?

Thanks!
Have you previously been refused entry to any other country or a visa before?Might explain why they are requesting Scheduel A.

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
I am in Canada 12 years! No complaint here, they are now asking for my CV and also sort of a career plan, guess either I am overqualified or they think I am a spy :D
What the hell? First of all wow how are you in the country since 12 years. Also, I’ve never heard of them asking for all these docs WTH hahahah

• Haha
Reactions: Spidergirl

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hi all,

My AOR is July 4, 2020

Got a ghost update last Friday like a few others.
And today I received ADR for 1. Schedule A, 2. My CV, and 3. Supplementary info request for students (list of supervisor, publications, etc.)
Does this mean I am in Security Screening and will take forever?
I've been in Canada in the past 12 years and finished undergrad ->PhD, now have been working the same job for the past 1.8 years.

Anyone has been asked for the same?

Thanks!
CV+Schedule_A is a 100% sure SS, e.g. security screening. Can last 1+year, that's sad

• Sad
Reactions: Spidergirl

Spidergirl

Feb 1, 2021
CV+Schedule_A is a 100% sure SS, e.g. security screening. Can last 1+year, that's sad
Good to know! Thanks for confirming it.
So they really think I am a spy :D or just want me to pay the fee for the bridging work permit probably.
I've never been refused VISA to other countries.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
I do not think so. They usually ask this for applicants with PhD or Master's in the Sciences when they're about to complete their application. It is not enhanced security at all. Search the threads. Some folks got this request. Pretty sure you'll get approval mail or COPR soon.

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
H
Good to know! Thanks for confirming it.
So they really think I am a spy :D or just want me to pay the fee for the bridging work permit probably.
I've never been refused VISA to other countries.
How have you been in the country for 12 years? Work + studies as in bachelors and PHD? Sorry being so nosey, just wondering how you have managed !

Reactions: assen89

Spidergirl

Feb 1, 2021
H

How have you been in the country for 12 years? Work + studies as in bachelors and PHD? Sorry being so nosey, just wondering how you have managed !
lol, it's only a short 12 years combined with 2.5 yrs undergrad (transferred from China) + 2 yrs MSc (I wanted to become a professor/scientist at the time, so went for PhD) + 4 yrs PhD (then I want some "life" like normal people, so no more school or post-doc for me) + 8 month self-employment + 1.8yrs job (yet still working with profs), so that's it! Time flies!