Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I appreciate your feedback, thank you. That makes perfect sense.
Do you think that now with the change of travel (arrivals) being allowed for CoPR holders, more FSW security checks could be referred again?
Yes, in the weeks to come, as canada inches towards phase 2 of opening, more applications will be processed and approved

Reactions: jm1980

nibir8

Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone. Don't know if anyone in this thread is still in the same boat or not.

July 2020 CEC candidate here. I had one outland dependant in file, but she became inland from Jan 2021 and I have updated her address to IRCC.

Its been more than 6 months since the last update on my file. Security check still hasn't started. Info Sharing and Criminality still in progress, with eligibility being Recommended Pass.

I have ordered GCMS twice but there have been literally no updates. My VO is Ottawa.

Anybody in the same situation or any idea what might have stopped the processing for a CEC file? @legalfalcon Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: maghool71

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hello everyone. Don't know if anyone in this thread is still in the same boat or not.

July 2020 CEC candidate here. I had one outland dependant in file, but she became inland from Jan 2021 and I have updated her address to IRCC.

Its been more than 6 months since the last update on my file. Security check still hasn't started. Info Sharing and Criminality still in progress, with eligibility being Recommended Pass.

I have ordered GCMS twice but there have been literally no updates. My VO is Ottawa.

Anybody in the same situation or any idea what might have stopped the processing for a CEC file? @legalfalcon Any input will be greatly appreciated.
forgotten ones...nothing but to wait. kinda is the same boat as FSW inland here. I will try call them to tell your dependent is inland again and raise webform to do so as well.

Amritkaur1441

Jul 20, 2020

Hey I am in exact same situation!!!

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi guys I got married and sent a webform to add my spouse to my application. IRCC responded pretty quickly (within a week) and asked me to submit a few documents to add my spouse. There was no mention of any sort of deadline to submit the documents. It takes 32 days for us to gather all the documents, do you guys think that's okay? As I said there was no mention of any deadline (i.e., 30 days), so should I assume 30 days or 60 days?
Thanks in advance
@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Most applications are delayed. Also, since one of the dependents in the file was outside Canada, you may have been grouped with other similar applications, that were put on hold.

Just because you updated the dependent's address would not immediately move your application, unless something gets your file out of the group.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys I got married and sent a webform to add my spouse to my application. IRCC responded pretty quickly (within a week) and asked me to submit a few documents to add my spouse. There was no mention of any sort of deadline to submit the documents. It takes 32 days for us to gather all the documents, do you guys think that's okay? As I said there was no mention of any deadline (i.e., 30 days), so should I assume 30 days or 60 days?
Thanks in advance
@legalfalcon
IRCC usually gives 30 days. If nothing was mentioned and you are unable to provide the documents within 30 days, then send a webform and inform that you need 60 days so that IRCC is aware.

Reactions: maghool71

nibir8

Aug 2, 2019
forgotten ones...nothing but to wait. kinda is the same boat as FSW inland here. I will try call them to tell your dependent is inland again and raise webform to do so as well.
Yeah. Been trying to do that pretty often. Haven't had any luck so far..

nibir8

Aug 2, 2019
Most applications are delayed. Also, since one of the dependents in the file was outside Canada, you may have been grouped with other similar applications, that were put on hold.

Just because you updated the dependent's address would not immediately move your application, unless something gets your file out of the group.
Oh I see. With our work permits expiring this December, that's a little scary.

The way travel restrictions are continuing, I am worried that files like these might not get pulled out of the "outland dependant group" anytime soon. Any way to expedite this or reach out to the concerned authority that both applicants are inland now?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Oh I see. With our work permits expiring this December, that's a little scary.

The way travel restrictions are continuing, I am worried that files like these might not get pulled out of the "outland dependant group" anytime soon. Any way to expedite this or reach out to the concerned authority that both applicants are inland now?
You can send webform and call IRCC.

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019

Hi @legalfalcon , I was CEC outland with AOR July 2020. However, I have moved back to Canada in Oct 2020. I tried calling them and ordered gcms notes, the agents who picked up the phone said that everything on my file has been passed since March 2021, and my file is awaiting approval from senior agent. I also noticed that I am in the group “CPCO COVID RFV”. Does it mean that I am grouped with outland people who is on hold until Canada cancel travel restrictions? What do you think that I can do to get myself out of the group? Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I was CEC outland with AOR July 2020. However, I have moved back to Canada in Oct 2020. I tried calling them and ordered gcms notes, the agents who picked up the phone said that everything on my file has been passed since March 2021, and my file is awaiting approval from senior agent. I also noticed that I am in the group “CPCO COVID RFV”. Does it mean that I am grouped with outland people who is on hold until Canada cancel travel restrictions? What do you think that I can do to get myself out of the group? Thank you.
The group does indicate that, but if you have informed IRCC of your new address in Canada, you just have to wait.