+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

jm1980

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
@legalfalcon do you think that the 23k people that IRCC mentioned that were given PR last year bit couldn't accept were the ones that were actually issued COPR only or do you think it includes people who were approved but not given the COPR? Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon do you think that the 23k people that IRCC mentioned that were given PR last year bit couldn't accept were the ones that were actually issued COPR only or do you think it includes people who were approved but not given the COPR? Thanks!
When IRCC says PR, it is the PR status when happens when you land in Canada or are already in Canada.

Receiving a COPR does not make you a PR unless you are admitted in Canada if you are outside Canada

Reactions: jm1980

PRguyslp

Jan 19, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon ,
I have a question. I was issued with a COPR on 24 November, 2020, and could not travel because of Post March 18 restriction. On 21 June, 2021, they lifted the restriction and my COPR is expiring on 7 July, 2021. I had 16 days after the notification (now 13 days) to make all arrangements to move permanently to Canada. I have called up IRCC agent and the agent told me that IRCC know the status of every applicant and will be contacting you soon once it expires, and do the needful to extend it. There is no way I can travel and settle there for good now before its expiry on July 7. Do you think they will extend my expiring COPR and I can trust the IRCC agent's words?
The recent notification, along with travel restriction lifting, says "

"If you’re outside Canada and your COPR and permanent resident visa are expired or expiring
You can’t travel to Canada on expired documents.
If you have an expired COPR, you won’t be able to travel to Canada until we reissue your documents. We’ll post instructions on how to get reissued documents here soon."

Do you think I would be coming under the "expiring" part?

Thanks

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,
I have a question. I was issued with a COPR on 24 November, 2020, and could not travel because of Post March 18 restriction. On 21 June, 2021, they lifted the restriction and my COPR is expiring on 7 July, 2021. I had 16 days after the notification (now 13 days) to make all arrangements to move permanently to Canada. I have called up IRCC agent and the agent told me that IRCC know the status of every applicant and will be contacting you soon once it expires, and do the needful to extend it. There is no way I can travel and settle there for good now before its expiry on July 7. Do you think they will extend my expiring COPR and I can trust the IRCC agent's words?
The recent notification, along with travel restriction lifting, says "

"If you’re outside Canada and your COPR and permanent resident visa are expired or expiring
You can’t travel to Canada on expired documents.
If you have an expired COPR, you won’t be able to travel to Canada until we reissue your documents. We’ll post instructions on how to get reissued documents here soon."

Do you think I would be coming under the "expiring" part?

Thanks
Yes IRCC will either issue you a new COPR, or issue you an authorisation letter allowing you to travel with an expired COPR. However, if your COPR is expiring, that would mean that your medicals or passport is expiring too. In that scenario, your file will have to be reopened, the medicals extended or you will be asked for remeds and once that is provided and passed, new COPR will be issued to you after a final review to make sure that all checks are done and everything else is valid.

Reactions: PRguyslp

PRguyslp

Jan 19, 2020
Yes IRCC will either issue you a new COPR, or issue you an authorisation letter allowing you to travel with an expired COPR. However, if your COPR is expiring, that would mean that your medicals or passport is expiring too. In that scenario, your file will have to be reopened, the medicals extended or you will be asked for remeds and once that is provided and passed, new COPR will be issued to you after a final review to make sure that all checks are done and everything else is valid.
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon

Reactions: legalfalcon

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
FSW-inland, medical passed in August 2020 and expired June 2021 (that's when I did my medicals originally). Security not started, criminality in progress since forever...

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon, I contacted IRCC twice over the past few months, and I've been told that security checks are not being referred to the external agencies for processing.

What do you make of this? Is it social distancing restrictions not enabling people to be at the office to process our apps? It seems like tons of us are stuck at the security phase of the entire process, with all else already passed. My app hasn't been touched since August 2020.

And if that is the case, then how are some people still getting CoPR? I've even seen some FSWs get CoPR during 2021, and yet I'm sitting with security "not yet started", and being told IRCC is not sending the apps for that segment of processing at this time, and backlogs are huge, according to agents.

Reactions: Jaycejay

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I contacted IRCC twice over the past few months, and I've been told that security checks are not being referred to the external agencies for processing.

What do you make of this? Is it social distancing restrictions not enabling people to be at the office to process our apps? It seems like tons of us are stuck at the security phase of the entire process, with all else already passed. My app hasn't been touched since August 2020.

And if that is the case, then how are some people still getting CoPR? I've even seen some FSWs get CoPR during 2021, and yet I'm sitting with security "not yet started", and being told IRCC is not sending the apps for that segment of processing at this time, and backlogs are huge, according to agents.

Many applications were at the applicant is not exempt from travel restrictions those applications have been placed on hold. Just like medicals, security checks too have a shelf life. Getting security checks, just to have them redone at a later stage will be of no use.

To reason security, how long it takes, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Applications are being sent for security screening, however, not all.

Reactions: Jaycejay

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Many applications were at the applicant is not exempt from travel restrictions those applications have been placed on hold. Just like medicals, security checks too have a shelf life. Getting security checks, just to have them redone at a later stage will be of no use.

To reason security, how long it takes, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Applications are being sent for security screening, however, not all.
I appreciate your feedback, thank you. That makes perfect sense.
Do you think that now with the change of travel (arrivals) being allowed for CoPR holders, more FSW security checks could be referred again?