+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
hey, what do you mean on hold? is it because there's an issue with my application or is there any reason behind it? thanks
sorry thats how my application was put on hold.. its stagnant since c in progress and security not started.. if u r cec than wait is less otherwise it takes long to come out of it... it might not be your case..

thuhien.tu

Star Member
May 28, 2020
sorry thats how my application was put on hold.. its stagnant since c in progress and security not started.. if u r cec than wait is less otherwise it takes long to come out of it... it might not be your case..
did you call the ircc and they said your application is on hold? I'm PNP anyway

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hello, may I ask you a question?
Do you know if PNP (express entry) has a similar processing time as the CEC? my AOR is July 28, 2020. The agent told me everything has been passed (including the eligibility) except criminality is in progress and security hasn't been started yet. This info hasn't changed since Nov 2020 and I am quite worried about it. my VO is Sydney. I also ordered a note 2 weeks ago but I haven't received anything. Could you please advise if I need to do anything in the meantime to speed up the process? PNP process is slower than the CEC?
thank you very much,
No need to worry, there are many application in the same stage and currently IRCC is prioritising family reunification and this is also the start of the peak season for student visas.

If your eligibility is passed, no need to worry, just be patient and soon you will hear from IRCC.

thuhien.tu

Star Member
May 28, 2020
No need to worry, there are many application in the same stage and currently IRCC is prioritising family reunification and this is also the start of the peak season for student visas.

If your eligibility is passed, no need to worry, just be patient and soon you will hear from IRCC.
thank you very much

Reactions: legalfalcon

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon,
I am a CEC inland applicant with an Outland dependent.
My AOR is July 27,2020
I had received 1 GU on March 2 and then 2 GU on March 6.
When I called IRCC, the agent mentioned that all the stages are completed and file is waiting for final decision
I still haven’t got any approval as if this point.
My question is that since I have an Outland dependent is there a possibility that they might purposely hold my file from getting it approved due to travel restrictions or usually does take some weeks for the file to be approved after it has been completed?
Thank you,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,
My AOR is July 27,2020
When I called IRCC, the agent mentioned that all the stages are completed and file is waiting for final decision
My question is that since I have an Outland dependent is there a possibility that they might purposely hold my file from getting it approved due to travel restrictions or usually does take some weeks for the file to be approved after it has been completed?
Thank you,
I could be, but there are inland applicants with outland dependents who have received PPR. In such cases the dependent outside Canada has to wit until the inland PA gets the COPR or the at least the process to get the COPR starts and then they are sent the PPR to submit the passport.

Reactions: Moazali6

power8000

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Hello @legalfalcon,
My AOR is July 27,2020
Thank you,
Hi there, sounds like you are on a good track. Do you know your VO ?

mine AOR July 25th , but nothing is passed except criminality. Also I have Outland dependent.

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hi there, sounds like you are on a good track. Do you know your VO ?

mine AOR July 25th , but nothing is passed except criminality. Also I have Outland dependent.
My VO is Ottawa. Hopefully you will hear something good as well .. it’s very stressful when you have an Outland dependent. They should start issuing PRs for us so we can reunite with family

swapnil14

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello @legalfalcon,
My AOR is July 27,2020
Thank you,
I am in the same situation as well. I hope they start issuing COPRs soon for such cases. Please keep us posted if you hear back anything.

nibir8

Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone,

So since Dec 2020, my file is stuck on the same status with no updates. No GU either. Ordered GCMS notes and couldn't find any additional info there as well.

AOR : July 10, 2020
Eligibility: Recommended passed
Criminality: In progress
Security : Not started
Info Sharing : In progress

Called IRCC today morning and the status is still the same. Can there be any reason as to why the file is not proceeding?

Was seeing some threads about files being on hold. Any idea whats the reason for being on hold?

@legalfalcon any inputs will be helpful.

Thanks!

bj2020

Feb 1, 2021
Hello Everyone, finally got copr by email. Next step is to print the letter along with photo and send them back via post? Anyone who did this please fill me in.

Thank you!!
Congrats, I went to canada post the other day took photgraphs as per specification.and sent it via express post (comes with tracking) good luck.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone,

So since Dec 2020, my file is stuck on the same status with no updates. No GU either. Ordered GCMS notes and couldn't find any additional info there as well.

AOR : July 10, 2020
Eligibility: Recommended passed
Criminality: In progress
Security : Not started
Info Sharing : In progress

Called IRCC today morning and the status is still the same. Can there be any reason as to why the file is not proceeding?

Was seeing some threads about files being on hold. Any idea whats the reason for being on hold?

@legalfalcon any inputs will be helpful.

Thanks!
There are many application that have not been touched in months and this is most likely because IRCC's priority now is family reunification, student visas and CEC.

You will just have to wait it out.