caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon just wondering what's S12 of privacy act (as the reason of redaction of GCMS note)? The whole "HISTORY" section is missing and there are about 100 consecutive blank pages under it. Would appreciate your opinion.
Under the Privacy Act you can request your own information for free but to request anyone else's information you have to use the Access to Information Act and provide their consent otherwise information will be redacted (i.e. blank). If you feel the exemption is incorrect then you can contest it by filing a complaint with OIC

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Under the Privacy Act you can request your own information for free but to request anyone else's information you have to use the Access to Information Act and provide their consent otherwise information will be redacted (i.e. blank). If you feel the exemption is incorrect then you can contest it by filing a complaint with OIC
Thank you, that's the reason I guessed.

Reactions: caipsnotes

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The beginning of the page like this, and the following ~100 pages are blank.

https://ibb.co/tC5myGP
If you see s12 of the Privacy Act:

Right of Access
Marginal note:Right of access

• 12 (1) Subject to this Act, every individual who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to
    • (a) any personal information about the individual contained in a personal information bank; and
    • (b) any other personal information about the individual under the control of a government institution with respect to which the individual is able to provide sufficiently specific information on the location of the information as to render it reasonably retrievable by the government institution.
  • Marginal note:Other rights relating to personal information
    (2) Every individual who is given access under paragraph (1)(a) to personal information that has been used, is being used or is available for use for an administrative purpose is entitled to
    • (a) request correction of the personal information where the individual believes there is an error or omission therein;
    • (b) require that a notation be attached to the information reflecting any correction requested but not made; and
    • (c) require that any person or body to whom that information has been disclosed for use for an administrative purpose within two years prior to the time a correction is requested or a notation is required under this subsection in respect of that information
      • (i) be notified of the correction or notation, and
      • (ii) where the disclosure is to a government institution, the institution make the correction or notation on any copy of the information under its control.
  • Marginal note:Extension of right of access by order
    (3) The Governor in Council may, by order, extend the right to be given access to personal information under subsection (1) to include individuals not referred to in that subsection and may set such conditions as the Governor in Council deems appropriate.

All individual's whose information you are requesting have to be eligible and have a right to access through records under the Privacy Act. If they are not, then that individual's info will be redacted.

Instead of using Privacy act, you can request info under Access to Information act.

Gazias

May 16, 2019
If you see s12 of the Privacy Act:

Right of Access
Marginal note:Right of access

• 12 (1) Subject to this Act, every individual who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Acthas a right to and shall, on request, be given access to
    • (a) any personal information about the individual contained in a personal information bank; and
    • (b) any other personal information about the individual under the control of a government institution with respect to which the individual is able to provide sufficiently specific information on the location of the information as to render it reasonably retrievable by the government institution.
  • Marginal note:Other rights relating to personal information
    (2) Every individual who is given access under paragraph (1)(a) to personal information that has been used, is being used or is available for use for an administrative purpose is entitled to
    • (a) request correction of the personal information where the individual believes there is an error or omission therein;
    • (b) require that a notation be attached to the information reflecting any correction requested but not made; and
    • (c) require that any person or body to whom that information has been disclosed for use for an administrative purpose within two years prior to the time a correction is requested or a notation is required under this subsection in respect of that information
      • (i) be notified of the correction or notation, and
      • (ii) where the disclosure is to a government institution, the institution make the correction or notation on any copy of the information under its control.
  • Marginal note:Extension of right of access by order
    (3) The Governor in Council may, by order, extend the right to be given access to personal information under subsection (1) to include individuals not referred to in that subsection and may set such conditions as the Governor in Council deems appropriate.

All individual's whose information you are requesting have to be eligible and have a right to access through records under the Privacy Act. If they are not, then that individual's info will be redacted.

Instead of using Privacy act, you can request info under Access to Information act.
Hi @legalfalcon ! I had the same issue but I am inland and a single applicant (so all information should be about myself only). What might be the reason for removing some pages? It is very confusing to me :(

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ! I had the same issue but I am inland and a single applicant (so all information should be about myself only). What might be the reason for removing some pages? It is very confusing to me :(
If that is the case, send an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca with your file number P-2021-xxxx in the subject and ask for clarification. Sometimes it can be in error and if that is so, they will release the missing record or let you know the issue.

tara123

Oct 22, 2020
I want to give you guys an update on my case:

On Feb 26th I got a ghost update.
On March 3rd I received the 85 dollars fee back for my bio (I was exempted).
I received a request letter today (March 8th) to send them my Resume(CV) as well as a form called 'SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS'.
I am not a student anymore. I graduated (PhD) in 2019.
I hope it doesn't take them another few months to finalize my application!!! WHO KNOWS!!

Reactions: tejaspan

vinodkt7

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I want to give you guys an update on my case:

On Feb 26th I got a ghost update.
On March 3rd I received the 85 dollars fee back for my bio (I was exempted).
I received a request letter today (March 8th) to send them my Resume(CV) as well as a form called 'SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS'.
I am not a student anymore. I graduated (PhD) in 2019.
I hope it doesn't take them another few months to finalize my application!!! WHO KNOWS!!
Your AoR?

Dakshit

Jun 20, 2019
Hi everyone
Please give some advice here. I am an inland CEC applicant, applied through a consultant in Ontario. AOR is July 22. Recently, a week ago my consultant told me that I have received an update. 2 days, he said that my application is approved. I am still waiting for Copr. According to my consultant, my LVO is Etobicoke and they will send me copr but they are overloaded with applications.

Is there anyone like me in the same situation who is approved but haven't received copr yet. Please give me something as I am losing it day by day. Thank you all for sharing and keeping updating on everything.

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Called IRCC today, talked to one of the worst representative. Waited for 43 minutes and when i asked him about the recent updates on my file, his reply was that it is still under process. He never asked about the application number, DOB, or any other detail and advised not to call to ask for updates. :( He was like, whenever we will approve your application you will get to know.
So disappointing. :( This was my first call after december.

herry101

Feb 4, 2021
Called IRCC today, talked to one of the worst representative. Waited for 43 minutes and when i asked him about the recent updates on my file, his reply was that it is still under process. He never asked about the application number, DOB, or any other detail and advised not to call to ask for updates. :( He was like, whenever we will approve your application you will get to know.
Thats the reason I stopped calling IRCC. Their agents are getting edgy and instead of providing relevant response they scream at us. I guess we are all left with no option but to wait.

• Sad
Reactions: Amitaaa

RameshKR

Feb 19, 2021
Totally Agree . So rude.

• Sad
Reactions: Amitaaa