+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

colin98

Jan 21, 2021
Congratulation Colin98!
Do you remember how long it took for the criminal check step to change to the next step? I mean should we call and check the statue regularly?

Thanks,
hey! Nothing ever changed on my online profile once the biometrics were completed on October 15th, every info I’ve had was through phone calls to agents. It looks like the criminality/ security part was under a month overall though.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline! About your bio exempt, was that updated on your profile? I'm bio exempt too, but my bio statements says 'we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.' But I can see my bio information on the top right corner. Was that the same thing for you? Thank you in advance.
It was not the same, it said my biometrics were passed. As long as you see the info on the top corner you don’t have to worry, the layout is different sometimes depending on the applicant but your biometrics are valid and submitted

edded

Jan 18, 2021
hey! Nothing ever changed on my online profile once the biometrics were completed on October 15th, every info I’ve had was through phone calls to agents. It looks like the criminality/ security part was under a month overall though.

It was not the same, it said my biometrics were passed. As long as you see the info on the top corner you don’t have to worry, the layout is different sometimes depending on the applicant but your biometrics are valid and submitted
Same here, no movement since biometrics in mid October.

cassiezhouu

May 31, 2020
Congratulations!!! I am July 8th AOR, CEC inland and when i called on Feb 8th everything passed except security. Do you know how much time it took for your security? and On Feb 3, do you see in your profile that background completed?
No, everyting was updated on Feb 12. I called in late January and they are still doing background & security not started.. So I believe security won't take too long.

ahmanj

Jan 19, 2021
During the processing of an application, you will receive 4-5 GUs. Some applicants do not receive any. A ghost update is merely a movement in your file. To know what exactly they are, you need to refer to your GCMS notes and also remember the date you had them to match them. However, the ghost update can be a mundane movement from initiating your BGC or a major one, as getting final approval.

It does not matter if your blood relative is changing his address, and you do not have to update it. Only when you change your address, do you have to update it.

To send a replacement document, you can do that by via webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Hi @legalfalcon thank you for your advice. I sent them my revised document on 19th Jan and received reply of receiving document on 12th Feb. I need your advise on two points;

1. normal processing time for my application ends on 14th Feb. for past 2 weeks or so, my timeline has disappeared and has not reappeared yet. Is there any point of worry?

2. Do you have any idea when the applications of FSW applying from outside the Canada shall be processed. I have a blood relative who is a Canadian Citizen and the IRCC does say that people travelling to Canada who have their blood relative here are exempt from travel restrictions. Does that help?

thanks alot for your advice and time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon thank you for your advice. I sent them my revised document on 19th Jan and received reply of receiving document on 12th Feb. I need your advise on two points;

1. normal processing time for my application ends on 14th Feb. for past 2 weeks or so, my timeline has disappeared and has not reappeared yet. Is there any point of worry?

2. Do you have any idea when the applications of FSW applying from outside the Canada shall be processed. I have a blood relative who is a Canadian Citizen and the IRCC does say that people travelling to Canada who have their blood relative here are exempt from travel restrictions. Does that help?

thanks alot for your advice and time.

1. No, the status bar you see just shows time elapsed, and not the actual processing.

Also, as per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process. This was pre-COVID

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

2. Currently you have to be an immediate family member to be exempt from travel restrictions, and for exerted family members, you need an authorisation to travel. But this is only after your get your COPR, not before.

Reactions: ahmanj

ahmanj

Jan 19, 2021
1. No, the status bar you see just shows time elapsed, and not the actual processing.

Also, as per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process. This was pre-COVID

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

2. Currently you have to be an immediate family member to be exempt from travel restrictions, and for exerted family members, you need an authorisation to travel. But this is only after your get your COPR, not before.
As always, thank you for your prompt advice and help. much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: legalfalcon

DDN4CAN

Feb 8, 2021
Soooooo the awaited day has come: got Approved and COPR today!!
AOR July 2nd
Medical passed 24 august and BIL on same day
Biometrics exempt 15 October
Recommended pass 28 October
Ghost update 1
ADR on Jan 28, submitted next day and reviewed the next day. As per agent, it was reviewed and approved on the same day. My ADR is not relevant to you guys it was more of a personal matter
Criminality completed on Jan 25
Security completed on Jan 28 Apparently but as per agent it was not started when I called on the same day so I’m not sure. It says BG check completed on the 28th on my online profile
Approval on Feb 11th at 4pm. No phone call or email, simply approved on the online profile. A « document » section appeared below the steps with the COPR number. There was a message in the account with the COPR and the instructions on how to send the photo. I did not get an invite to the COPR portal and had to send my photos to à Montréal Office (my VO was Ottawa)
I hope my timeline helps you guys see a little more clearly into this big beautiful mess and I hope those of you waiting will get the approval soon! It looks like they’re issuing a lot of COPR for first week of July so that’s encouraging!
All the best
Hi Collin,
Congratulations! I would like to ask you a question. You said you didn't receive an email or phone call and found out you had a COPR by loggin in your account. When we use a representative we don't have access to the application. I sent them an email about that and they said they never had a case receiving COPR without receiving an email and etc...what makes me think they only check the applications if they receive an email or call. Did you received any email after all that? I just want to peace my mind.

Many Thanks!

colin98

Jan 21, 2021
Hi Collin,
Congratulations! I would like to ask you a question. You said you didn't receive an email or phone call and found out you had a COPR by loggin in your account. When we use a representative we don't have access to the application. I sent them an email about that and they said they never had a case receiving COPR without receiving an email and etc...what makes me think they only check the applications if they receive an email or call. Did you received any email after all that? I just want to peace my mind.

Many Thanks!
Hey! I did receive an email only to notify me that a message was waiting for me in my account, not specifying anything more than that. When I logged in said approved and the COPR letter was included in my message section

• Love
Reactions: DDN4CAN

DDN4CAN

Feb 8, 2021
Hey! I did receive an email only to notify me that a message was waiting for me in my account, not specifying anything more than that. When I logged in said approved and the COPR letter was included in my message section
So glad to hear that! Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Tuaha Buksh

Jan 10, 2019
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Got my COPR today. AOR July 8th 2020.

Review of eligibility
  • February 12, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • August 28, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • October 16, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • February 3, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • February 12, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

I called IRCC about a month ago and was told that the eligibility was recommended pass and criminality was in progress. I was required to provide RCMP police certificate and the additional document section was showing 'we are reviewing the additional document' the entire time until Feb 4th (I only check my online account every 2-3 weeks so maybe I caught it later).

My processing office was Ottawa but the CoPR was issued through Winnipeg office.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting!
Was the requirement of RCMP police certificate communicated through email/notification or you only got aware of this after you made the call to IRCC ?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
IRCC is continuing to issue COPRs to CEC inland applicants. However, the process is slow, so you will have to be patient. There are many applicants who have the application proved since June -July, 2020 and are waiting.

Just be patient and very soon you will receive the cOPR or will be asked to confirm your address via the PR confirmation portal.
What about those PNP inlands and FSW inlands? Are they now getting processed as fast as CEC?

Reactions: StarrySavannah

dxben

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Hi Collin,

Many Thanks!
You can take access to your application from your agent... My agent is using their email id but I took login details from them while making the final payment and using it since then...

Reactions: DDN4CAN

DDN4CAN

Feb 8, 2021
You can take access to your application from your agent... My agent is using their email id but I took login details from them while making the final payment and using it since then...
Thanks for replying! I asked to have access to it and they simply said their portal holds all of their other clients’ applications, so they cannot share the login credentials with me. I'm ok for now, I was worried about them missing something but the golden email will come sooner or later for all of us!