+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Parthg011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Please help my visa expires in 2 days and I dont know if this is normal or not?

Yesterday applied for BOWP and today got a message (a letter) titled “WP-Ext Only Except PGWP”.
It stats that I should attach that letter to my current WP (which is PGWP) and I can continue working... Is it normal to get this letter for BOWP?

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
Are you in an essential service? I don't think so.

The list of essential services is available at https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx

Also see the Province specific list.

If you fall in this category, you can ask your employer to send you documents that you meet the exemption, and you will have to request a travel authorisation.

If you have COPRs, you do not need ETA.
@legalfalcon my current job in BC falls under that link abovementioned. Will this speed up processing in any way? @caipsnotes

Last edited:

mcayod

Nov 18, 2020

jm1980

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Honestly fam. Waiting isn't one of my strong suit. I got a gu yesterday also. What vo are you in?
I don't know anything about VO or any details at all. My AOR is 14th July i'm cec outland. i'm going to wait till the 6 months is up before i send a web form but might order GCMS notes this week. what about you?

thejuniorls

Aug 6, 2020
Hey @legalfalcon. I hope you’re fine.

I had my biometrics collected on December 3 and at the same day the information was already on my profile. However, it still states that they need my fingerprints. Is the delay normal or should I raise a webform?

thank you for your time and help.

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
My PGWP expires in a week.

Can someone please help me that what type of WP do i need to apply till I wait for my application?

Will I get one year Open Work permit or Work permit extension till I get the decision for my application.

Thank you

hannalila

Aug 16, 2018
Got this email:

Dear client,
You may have received a recent email from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) with the subject line “We’re still working on your application” or “We updated your application status”.
This message was sent to some clients due to a technical error. If the message does not apply to you, for example if you no longer have an application in process with us, you may ignore it.
We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
Sincerely,

Just called IRCC to check if any update.

AOR - JULY 07,2020
Biometrics - Done
Eligibility - Recommended passed.
Background check - In Process.

Is Eligibility - recommended passed is Eligibility cleared ?
I think the final decision has to be made by a case officer but it is likely passed. I have the exact same status as you when I called this morning.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon. I hope you’re fine.

I had my biometrics collected on December 3 and at the same day the information was already on my profile. However, it still states that they need my fingerprints. Is the delay normal or should I raise a webform?

thank you for your time and help.

Most likely it may not have been entered in the system after analysing the biometrics. Just send a webform, but no need to be concerned.

swtcici

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Today got 2 GU, and the second one I found that the status of additional document changed from "not applicable" to "we r reviewing your additional doc Dec 9th“
hope its a good sign

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Do I need to request ETA for my family or they can travel along with me.
Are you in an essential service? I don't think so.

The list of essential services is available at https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx

Also see the Province specific list.

If you fall in this category, you can ask your employer to send you documents that you meet the exemption, and you will have to request a travel authorisation.

If you have COPRs, you do not need ETA.
@legalfalcon could you please comment my family can travel along with me , or they need ETA as they too have COPR.