Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have not yet. Cic asked to submit in 30 days with new IMM5669.
@legalfalcon Thanks for clarifying. I will submit LoE to clarify the mistake.

As long as you clarify it, you should not have any issues, but the final decision is at the discretion of the visa officer. They tend to favour voluntary disclosures as many applicants inadvertently forget to mention prior visa refusals.

A visa refusal by itself is not a ground of any concerns for a PR application processing, but deliberately not disclosing it is.

All the best.

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
@legalfalcon Could you confirm how can I start my job in Canada, I have approved COPR and stamped passport. I have checked with some of the IRCC lawyers they say you don't need a work permit you can travel and work.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Could you confirm how can I start my job in Canada, I have approved COPR and stamped passport. I have checked with some of the IRCC lawyers they say you don't need a work permit you can travel and work.
When you say you have an approved COPR and stamped passport, you are referring to that you have been issued a COPR and PR visa in your passport but you are yet to land in Canada?

If that is so, then you cannot legally work in Canada yet and neither can you state that you can legally work as you are not a PR yet. You only become a PR when you land in Canada and are admitted, and effective the date when your COPR is stamped, you become a PR.

This does not prohibit you from applying for jobs and you can let the employers know that you hold a COPR but have not yet landed.

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
When you say you have an approved COPR and stamped passport, you are referring to that you have been issued a COPR and PR visa in your passport but you are yet to land in Canada?

If that is so, then you cannot legally work in Canada yet and neither can you state that you can legally work as you are not a PR yet. You only become a PR when you land in Canada and are admitted, and effective the date when your COPR is stamped, you become a PR.

This does not prohibit you from applying for jobs and you can let the employers know that you hold a COPR but have not yet landed.
What I am trying to say I have applied as BC PNP Tech Pilot Outland applicant, already have a job offer, and now as I have COPR and visa, can I travel to start work over there.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What I am trying to say I have applied as BC PNP Tech Pilot Outland applicant, already have a job offer, and now as I have COPR and visa, can I travel to start work over there.
If you are not in Canada already, to travel back, you can do so if you are exempt from travel restrictions.

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
If you are not in Canada already, to travel back, you can do so if you are exempt from travel restrictions.
That is what I am not able to understand, according to travel exemptions it says COPR post-March 2020 only from the US are allowed and from other countries, if you are an immediate family member, but on other hand, they say work permit holder with essential services can travel. So as I have COPR now and I fall under essential services I believe I don't need a work permit. So I believe I can travel. On top of that people with work permits need ETA for their families but as my family has COPR too do I need a separate ETA for them to travel.

Sorry to bother you but a lot of confusion as the CIC website is not much clear.

I had never been to Canada this is my first time under EEBC Tech Pilot Program

Last edited:

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
That is what I am not able to understand, according to travel exemptions it says COPR post-March 2020 only from the US are allowed and from other countries, if you are an immediate family member, but on other hand, they say work permit holder with essential services can travel. So as I have COPR now and I fall under essential services I believe I don't need a work permit. So I believe I can travel. On top of that people with work permits need ETA for their families but as my family has COPR too do I need a separate ETA for them to travel.

Sorry to bother you but a lot of confusion as the CIC website is not much clear.

I had never been to Canada this is my first time under EEBC Tech Pilot Program
you don’t have to repeat so many times. You don’t fall into any travel exemption categories so you cannot travel. Student visa and work visa are allowed but you don’t have any of them. Simple as that. Contact ircc to get authorization if you want to travel now.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family membersand cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly(transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

Last edited:

Gk09

Aug 17, 2017
I received this e-mail today. Does this mean anything?

Dear client,

You may have received a recent email from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) with the subject line “We’re still working on your application” or “We updated your application status”.

This message was sent to some clients due to a technical error. If the message does not apply to you, for example if you no longer have an application in process with us, you may ignore it.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Reactions: BD_X_10045

rs89977

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I received this e-mail today. Does this mean anything?

Dear client,

You may have received a recent email from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) with the subject line “We’re still working on your application” or “We updated your application status”.

This message was sent to some clients due to a technical error. If the message does not apply to you, for example if you no longer have an application in process with us, you may ignore it.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
if you no longer have an application in process with us, you may ignore it. :)