+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
I think Service Canada calling for Biometrics is purely based on the area you live. Some areas getting calls early after BIL and for some areas its getting late. Youn can post your area you belong along with BIL date and someone can help you the anticipated date
Ottawa and I received BIL on Oct 26

Thank you

sammy786

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
anybody waiting for gcms notes.... haven,t recieved yet ? i applied mine on october 4 ... didnt recieve yet... anybody in same situation ?

ggwen

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Just phoned IRCC, the agent was really nice and helpful my info following:

AOR July 1
Medical Passed and BIO requested same day August 20
Bio submitted Oct 13
Eligibility: processing
Background: not started

VO Ottawa

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020

AOR July 1
Bio submitted Oct 13

VO Ottawa
could you please tell me how long it took service canada to call you for biometrics appointment?

Ola2j

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019

AOR July 1
Bio submitted Oct 13

VO Ottawa
Please can you avail with the number you called? Been trying to get through to them all day but I've been unable to

SabrinaKim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Called IRCC today as I haven't received my GCSM reply since I applied more than a month ago.

FSW-inland
AOR- July 16

Medical- Passed on Aug 11
Biometric- Completed on Oct 15
Eligibility- Passed
Criminality- In progress
Security- Not started

Do you guys think I can get CoPR this year?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes

I hope you are keeping well.

Is there a bearing on eligibility being conclusively passed by an officer to start security check? I am asking this because when I inquired about my application status on Oct 1, I was told by IRCC agent that I have passed the medical and criminality stages, eligibility is recommended pass and security is in progress and that I should wait until mid Oct for a final decision so I waited beyond that but did not hear anything until end of October and when I inquired last week about status of my application, I was told that the officer has not initiated the security yet. I did try to get an answer from the agent by asking it differently and was told vaguely that "security screening is taking longer for most of the applications". I was also told that the recommended pass status of eligibility may remain as it is until the security screening results are back and a final decision is made.

Would IRCC agent know if security has started or is in progress or this information is hidden from them due to privacy reasons?

Do you know what happens after case analyst transfers the file to the Officer? Are there any regulations or guidance provided by IRCC on how applications are prioritized after its assigned to the officer like based on AOR/Last date application status changed/current validity of permits to stay in Canada based on UCI? Is it like waiting in a queue for an officer to be picked or randomly picked by the officer?

Could you please advise on what's the average wait for eligibility to change from recommended pass to conclusively passed by an officer after medical and criminality are passed?

I know all I have to do is wait but the conflicting responses from the IRCC agents has made me anxious. I know each and every application is unique and goes under its own discourse but there has to be a way to determine how and when they prioritized the applications.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Last edited:

Thumper

Aug 12, 2019
UK
NOC Code......
Are you inland?? Is it a straightforward application as in just you no dependents etc?? What’s your noc? I’m so sorry for the questions. It’s just I have the same AOR as you and no update yet so stressing out. Thank you please help to let me know
We're outland, we applied from the UK.

I'm the main applicant, my wife and 2-year old daughter are dependants (my daughter is a Canadian citizen though). My NOC is 2175 (Web developers). What stage are you at?

Also, an update for everyone - we received our COPRs today (AOR July 23)

Reactions: MiguelX

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I hope you are keeping well. Could you please advise on what's the average wait for eligibility to go from recommended pass to conclusively passed by an officer after medical and criminality are passed?

Also, is there a bearing on eligibility being conclusively passed by an officer to start security check. I am asking this because when I inquired on Oct 1 about my application status, I was told by IRCC agent that I have passed the medical and criminality stages, eligibility is recommended pass and security is in progress and that I should wait until mid Oct for a final decision so I waited beyond that but did not hear anything until end of October and when I inquired last week about status of my application, I was told that the officer has not initiated the security check. I did try to get an answer from the agent by asking it differently and was told that "security screening is taking longer for most of the applications". Would IRCC agent know if security has started or is in progress or this information is hidden from them due to privacy reasons?

Do you know what happens after case analyst transfers the file to the Officer? Are there any regulations or guidance provided by IRCC on how applications are prioritized after its assigned to the officer like based on AOR/Last date application status changed/current validity of permits to stay in Canada based on UCI? Is it like waiting in a queue for an officer to be picked or randomly picked by the officer?

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

There is no data published by IRCC on the average time from eligibility to go from recommended pass to conclusively passed by an officer. However, you can compare your timelines. They do not give you an exact indicator, but helps know what is going on.

Security usually starts only after eligibility has conclusively passed by an officer. The IRCC manuals and bulletins are available, but there no guideline specifically for a specific stage. they deal with the general processing.

Last edited:

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
There is no data published by IRCC on the average time from eligibility to go from recommended pass to conclusively passed by an officer. However, you can compare your timelines. They do not give you an exact indicator, but helps know what is going on.

Security usually starts only after eligibility has conclusively passed by an officer. The IRCC manuals and bulletins are available, but there no guideline specifically for a specific stage. they deal with the general processing.
Thank you for your response but how I can compare my timelines? I was searching for threads on this forum where people have posted their gcms notes to get an idea but I couldn't find anything relevant. The last update made on my application was 24-Sep and thats when my eligibility was recommended pass and criminality passed.

I have also ordered my gcms notes last week but I am not sure how relevant information I will get from it.